Uwharrie fatality?

So he wasnt drunk? Just not wearing a seatbelt?

Based on the information in this thread, he was ejected from the vehicle and was not wearing his seatbelt. One post said that "alcohol was involved", which you took to mean he was legally drunk. I have no information on that, so I won't draw conclusions.

Based on the information in this thread, he was ejected from the vehicle and was not wearing his seatbelt. One post said that "alcohol was involved", which you took to mean he was legally drunk. I have no information on that, so I won't draw conclusions.
Can anyone look up the Police report?

Well I am not trying to be a jerk here but usually when someone says alcohol was involved that means more than just one beer or drink. If you disagree, that's your right but there would be no reason to mention the alcohol if he was not intoxicated.

Well I am not trying to be a jerk here but usually when someone says alcohol was involved that means more than just one beer or drink. If you disagree, that's your right but there would be no reason to mention the alcohol if he was not intoxicated.
Kinda like when drugs were involved because there was a joint in the ashtray.

Kinda like when drugs were involved because there was a joint in the ashtray.

:shaking: amatuer

You can make the drug claim even if there were alligator clips (mechanic, not roach) found in the toolbox of the driver BACK AT HIS HOUSE

Where did you learn to cop?

The phrase "alcohol involved" is intentionally misleading, so that statistics can say how bad alcohol is, and how many accidents and fatalities it leads to. Could be something as innocuous as an empty beer can in the bed of the truck.

Kinda like how the gun deaths statistic includes suicides to pad the numbers.

The phrase "alcohol involved" is intentionally misleading, so that statistics can say how bad alcohol is, and how many accidents and fatalities it leads to. Could be something as innocuous as an empty beer can in the bed of the truck.

Kinda like how the gun deaths statistic includes suicides to pad the numbers.
"speed was a factor in the crash" et al

I am still really curious to see what the police report says. I am surprised no one has been able to find it yet even though the individual's name has been mentioned several times on here and on facebook groups.

Last edited:
I just spent a few minutes Googling the name and found several with the name but no indication of death or hardly even a Jeep or 4wd rig. There is a Rick Kurtz that lives in High Point but his last entry was a while back and his family didn't mention anything of a death.
That's all the time I have to spend on it.

So many people wanna talk c*** about things they don't know. I'm the brother of the deceased. He left the group to go check out another trail to see if the basically stock jeeps could make it. Wasn't paying attention and 2 of his tires when off the road and went down a 50' embankment, ejecting him and crushing his head. If you guys need to know any more information go to the state troopers website and put in his name and pull up the accident report. Estimated impacts speed was 18 miles per hour when he went off the road they're guessing 25 miles per hour. A freak accident and yes if he was wearing his seat belt he might still be alive

Well I just looked at the actual accident report and the trooper listed impairment as a cause and that alcohol impairment was suspected and a test was requested.

It is a true shame and a sad loss. Could have been prevented. Seat belts and no alcohol. See so many people drinking on the trails and the margin of error when wheeling becomes even smaller than on the highway.

Report: http://207.4.83.206/eCrash/ShowReport.aspx?id=458420&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
How to read it: http://www.tienfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/DMV-349-Key-Tien-Law-Firm.pdf

@The Coon sorry for your loss.
There but for the Grace of God go I.

If someone else reads this thread and it makes them think or change their behavior it was worth the detail coming out.

@The Coon sorry for your loss.
There but for the Grace of God go I.

If someone else reads this thread and it makes them think or change their behavior it was worth the detail coming out.

I agree with this 100%. Also, sorry for the loss of your brother @The Coon

Back