Uwharrie Spring Run April 30 - May 2, 2010

daniel what time you getting there on friday?Since it looks like my dodge wont be pulling the yota there I will just drive it from goldsboro as soon as I get off work friday morning and should be there around lunch.My girl is coming down for saturday afternoon/night so theres another plate ,so its me my 2 buds for camping and my girl for just saturday afternoon.

WAIT.....lol...UPDATE...Dude went out yesterday and bought a nice hot water heater for the outside shower SOOOOOOO he said its so hott you can't hardly stand it!! WIN!!!! SOOOO Looking forward to still seeing you staying there right?

I wish I knew about the heater earlier. We just reserved/paid for our sites the other day. The shower is what killd it for us with the family and all. What are the plans fr meeting up for trail rides? I will have the burb but will have a stock s-10 blazer with us and most likely my neighbor on his 4-wheeler. The wife will most likely follow us in her burb as well. If I dont mak iton a ride with you guys keep and eye open for a primer black burb on 37's and a 3/4 burb stockish following.

WAIT.....lol...UPDATE...Dude went out yesterday and bought a nice hot water heater for the outside shower SOOOOOOO he said its so hott you can't hardly stand it!! WIN!!!! SOOOO Looking forward to still seeing you staying there right?

That sucks! We already reserved and paid for our site in arrowhead. But we will definatly be coming by to hang out and buy some ribs. We'll just be sleeping some where else.

Maybe for the people like me who won't be camping but will still be stoping by and enjoying the place, you can take a seperate collection for land owner. I feel if he is supplying such a great place for all of us to get to gether I'd be more then happy to pay 5-10 bucks even though I am not camping.

daniel what time you getting there on friday?Since it looks like my dodge wont be pulling the yota there I will just drive it from goldsboro as soon as I get off work friday morning and should be there around lunch.My girl is coming down for saturday afternoon/night so theres another plate ,so its me my 2 buds for camping and my girl for just saturday afternoon.
I should be leaving here around lunch on Friday (hopefully/maybe sooner) so its about an hour and a half drive for me...Unfortunately for me my wife backed out...since we close on our house Thursday, we can start moving in then but I got the get out of jail free card saying this trip is "for work"!
I wish I knew about the heater earlier. We just reserved/paid for our sites the other day. The shower is what killd it for us with the family and all. What are the plans fr meeting up for trail rides? I will have the burb but will have a stock s-10 blazer with us and most likely my neighbor on his 4-wheeler. The wife will most likely follow us in her burb as well. If I dont mak iton a ride with you guys keep and eye open for a primer black burb on 37's and a 3/4 burb stockish following.
You can still come hang out with us man!! Bring the family Saturday night and we'll all have a good time!! As far as a trail ride there are a few that will be meeting up at the outpost Saturday morning at 9ish!!
That sucks! We already reserved and paid for our site in arrowhead. But we will definatly be coming by to hang out and buy some ribs. We'll just be sleeping some where else.
Maybe for the people like me who won't be camping but will still be stoping by and enjoying the place, you can take a seperate collection for land owner. I feel if he is supplying such a great place for all of us to get to gether I'd be more then happy to pay 5-10 bucks even though I am not camping.
Man that'd be awesome!! He'd really appreciate it...if you want to make a donation then just let me know and I can take you to him or I'll give it to him or whatever you want to do but I appreciate the thought!!

What I told the land owner we'd do is at the time of the BBQ, I would like to put out a tip jar so you can put some there if you'd like!!

I may be up for a night run if I can get my Jeep ready again. My trans decided to start dumping fluid on Sunday.:shaking: I hope I can finish fixing it today.

Hopefully we can still make it, we will see.:confused:

I might be up for a short night ride, but since it's my first time, we'll have to see. I won't have my under lights and offroad lights hooked up yet though.

On a side note, should I bring fire wood for a small private fire at the camp site or is it only the one big fire? Thanks!

me and some other jeeps and maybe a yota or 2 will be wheeling for the day on sat 5-1-10. look forward to wheeling my first ride.

I might be up for a short night ride, but since it's my first time, we'll have to see. I won't have my under lights and offroad lights hooked up yet though.

On a side note, should I bring fire wood for a small private fire at the camp site or is it only the one big fire? Thanks!
No outside fire just cause its the guys yard...plus, we'll all be around the big fire till you're too tired to stand...BUT if you want to bring any firewood, it could definately be used!! I'll have a truck bed full with me but it'll all be used!!

weather report for the weekend!!

Fri - Apr 30: Sunny, High of 84° and Low of 59°, 0% chance of rain!!

Sat - May 1: Mostly Cloudy, High of 86° and low of 65°, 20% chance of rain!!

Sun - May 2: Partly Cloudy, High of 86° and low of 66°, 20% chance of rain!!

Got the transmission leak fixed but it may have been too late. The transmission is slipping, it may need some more fluid so I'll get some more tomorrow. I think I might pull the TJ out of semi-retirement and come anyway if I can get it moving.

Got the transmission leak fixed but it may have been too late. The transmission is slipping, it may need some more fluid so I'll get some more tomorrow. I think I might pull the TJ out of semi-retirement and come anyway if I can get it moving.
Comeone man don't ditch out on us now!! TJ's are never officially "retired"!! lol

so where exactly is this place on 109?Do i need to bring anyhting as far as fire wood or such for the group?

If I am able to have the dodge ready is there room to park tow rigs and such?

Stay and eat with us all...enjoy the fellowship!!
im not all that familiar with the trails and map, so i wouldnt know where to meet anyone other than the parking lot where the hot dog guy is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh1075
Thats the same weekend of the spring event at the farm. Tough choice but the farm is closer . . .

URE is better

I've never been to either of these events...which one is REALLY better :confused:

Trying to figure out which to go to...but I'm leaning towards URE

Guess it all really depends on what type of ride you have...If you like the adrenalyn and excitement then the farm is probably the place to be from what I've heard...never been there but heard alot about it...These Big Dixie Bogger guys are awesome to watch and cool to hang out with as well...you will definately learn alot from them if you watch and listen...Now Uwharrie on the other hand is much more layed back, easy to moderate trails...everyone usually helps each other out if anything needs to be done to their ride...We've got a good group goin from SouthEast Custom 4x4 that will all be meeting up at the end of Friday and Saturday night and camping and eating together...ALWAYS a good, and interesting time to be had with us!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh1075
Thats the same weekend of the spring event at the farm. Tough choice but the farm is closer . . .
I've never been to either of these events...which one is REALLY better :confused:
Trying to figure out which to go to...but I'm leaning towards URE

Let me find out what time the guy is planning on cooking and we can set a time to meet up at the outpost and you all can follow us there!!

change of plans. everyones backed out so maybe another weekend man. but would def like to meet and hang with fellow 4x4ers

change of plans. everyones backed out so maybe another weekend man. but would def like to meet and hang with fellow 4x4ers

weak sauce!

Back