Vulcan Omnipro 220..anyone use it

If I were to go out and buy a new mig welder I'd probably look heavily at Esab's Rebel 215ic and Everlast275p. If you want to dream look up Fronius. For Tig I'd look into the Ahp 201xd (planning to purchase soonish).

On a side note I use a Lincoln 216, there is absoulty no replacement for knowing that your machine can weld longer than you can

This one struck a nerve with me tonight.

I don’t give two cents of justice to the brand of a machine in terms of how it will deliver a quality weld.

Especially when it comes to short circuit gmaw.

Yes you can argue over duty cycle, run-in settings, hot start, bla bla bla

A quality short circuit gmaw weld depends way more on the weldor behind the helmet, not the welder.

I’ve seen good and bad welds out of $100, $1000, $10k, and $17k machines, of all brands.

If you know what to look for while welding, know what to avoid in the arc/puddle, know how to set the machine properly, and know how to prep material right, a competent welder can make it happen regardless of brand.

I’m not here to argue brand loyalty as I agree whole heartedly that brands have their own quirks and snafu’s.

However, I do not agree that the brand of welding machine makes someone more of a professional. That’s nonsense.

If you care more about the brand of welding machine your fabricator owns rather than the quality of the welds he/she can deliver, I consider you the equivalent of an absolute ignorant racist.

That’s some of the dumbest crap I have read today.

I understand wanting a professional to look, act, be professional. But insinuating that the brand of welder is more important than the weld quality, Get real!!!

Buy the best welder you can afford John. Don’t hurt your budget by unnecessarily spending more on a machine.

Buy what you can afford and what can do the job it needs to do. Use it for a while, make a return on that investment, and then save and buy another machine. In that time you will learn a ton. Then if something happens to the one welder, you have a secondary.

The omnipro 200/220 whatever the number is a near exact if not exact clone/copy of the Lincoln MP210.

I have the Lincoln mp210 and love it. I sold a big millermatic non inverter 211 to buy the Lincoln. I’ll never buy another blue machine.

I’ll buy orange, green, yellow, red, black, any freaking other color welder under the sun before I buy another miller or Hobart.

As long as you buy something that can deliver the amps to burn the wire size correctly, and deliver a consistent bead, the machine has served its purpose.

I don’t really give duty cycle much consideration for gmaw. As long as it’s 40% or so at 135 amps or so, let it rip.

You aren’t a production facility, and you will be better off spacing your welds, with a break between each one, to reset your positioning and get confortable over chasing 80-100% duty cycle.

On any critical weld I make, I focus on that one weld at a time. Get comfy, make a few dry runs, and execute it correctly. I don’t chase duty cycle on critical items.

And even a whole cage or tube chassis weld out, your amps will most likely be low enough duty cycle will be a little higher.

If you hit duty cycle then, it’s probably time for a short break anyway to reposition.

Last edited:
.don't cheat yourself with a half assed investment. Get machine meant to work as hard as you talk about being able to do. Or buy a toy and learn to only make sparks
there's no cheating or skimping out on a shop welder this time. I have my Klutch 140 and I like it but it's time to step it up. Soon gonna be in a shop and I need a real machine to keep up with production and all demands that welding and fabricating requires.

I just can't help but think if I took, for example, my Dodge 2500 into a shop to pay to get a front axle swapped in, and saw that the main welding machine in the shop was a HF rig, I'd turn around and leave.

Seriously, being in business is 1/3 having tools to do the job, 1/3 skills to do it properly, and 1/3 appearances. The HF would fail on appearances (if not also right tool for the job).
i agree with you completely. Having that said, people start somewhere. My budget is 1500 ish for dedicated shop welder that can properly handle all Mig welding needs of all types of material thickness!

However, I do not agree that the brand of welding machine makes someone more of a professional. That’s nonsense.

If you care more about the brand of welding machine your fabricator owns rather than the quality of the welds he/she can deliver, I consider you the equivalent of an absolute ignorant racist.
that's what I was saying, sure people see I currently use a 110 welder but I'll be darned when they see my welds and what I've built with it, they are surprised to say the least. I've pretty much perfected using a 110 flux or Mig welder and I like it cause it made me REALLY focus on proper bead and quality rather than just starting out with some big machine, cranking up the heat and just laying in some "puddle" of wire lol...(I've seen that from many welders).

I have got the Eastwood Mig250 a little over two years ago and have been quite pleased. There is a bit to be desired from the fine-tunability of the amperage, but never been enough of a concern for what I do to knock the machine. If you're jazzed on duty cycle, it checks that box as well.

I have 4-5 spools through it, on everything from sheet metal to railroad plates.

Did this Fuller thread actually spark real discussion and friendly debate and not end in a dumpster fire??? Christmas miracles really do exist! :D
29922471.jpg

there's no cheating or skimping out on a shop welder this time.... and I need a real machine to keep up with production ...

Like many times before, I will offer an honest answer and I'm not looking to start any :poop:. What I copied from your previous post above, cannot be accomplished with a $1500 welder. A high duty cycle welder that will weld all materials and thicknesses will be substantially more costly than your current budget.
If your expectations and likely use is lower than true production and the need to weld 3/8, 1/2, etc on a regular basis, then you can get what you want for that budget.

Like many times before, I will offer an honest answer and I'm not looking to start any :poop:. What I copied from your previous post above, cannot be accomplished with a $1500 welder. A high duty cycle welder that will weld all materials and thicknesses will be substantially more costly than your current budget.
If your expectations and likely use is lower than true production and the need to weld 3/8, 1/2, etc on a regular basis, then you can get what you want for that budget.
Ok didn't mean production lol, but just a quality Mig welder to handle everything needed

I have a HF Titanium and love it so far. Use ESAB and Miller 480v at work. This lil multi machine burns hot and constant for what I've done with it. Like stated above if the person in the hood knows what there doing and what there using the end result can be just about the same. Of course I wouldn't go after anything thicker than 1/2" with mine bit that's part of knowing the tools limits.
20191208_163739.jpg
20191208_163724.jpg

final question on deciding factor...New or OLD?
I've always worked in shops with Miller 250, 210 or Lincoln 210 series type welders ...old school but what always seemed to be great reliable units
But now you have lots and lots of newer smaller 220v like Hobart, lincoln, Titanium, Eastwood that have these smaller ones that are supposed to be rated just as good as the old ones mentioned.
Pros and cons of sticking with the old vs going with the newer stuff.
Found this and seems like a great deal: Facebook Marketplace: Lincoln Electric Power Mig 200 Welder, wire feed - Miscellaneous Tools - Habersham Hills, Georgia

I usually develop a bias once I've made my mind up but if it were me I'd buy new and probably this welder.

Power i-MIG 230i - MIG Welders | Everlast Generators

Pretty serious duty cycle for a home gamer/small business in my uneducated opinion, plus stick option. Which for the amount of times welded to cast comes up, it'd be handy.

final question on deciding factor...New or OLD?
I've always worked in shops with Miller 250, 210 or Lincoln 210 series type welders ...old school but what always seemed to be great reliable units
But now you have lots and lots of newer smaller 220v like Hobart, lincoln, Titanium, Eastwood that have these smaller ones that are supposed to be rated just as good as the old ones mentioned.
Pros and cons of sticking with the old vs going with the newer stuff.
Found this and seems like a great deal: Facebook Marketplace: Lincoln Electric Power Mig 200 Welder, wire feed - Miscellaneous Tools - Habersham Hills, Georgia

The older larger machines are transformer based machines. The deliver consistent weld quality, generally with higher duty cycles. Most lack some of the fine tuning of parameters that the newer smaller machines have.

The newer smaller machines are inverter based machines. This allows more controls of the arc than the older machines. Generally have slightly less duty cycles than comparable model older large machine.

Ex: older machines have no controls for run in WFS parameter or voltage, while inverter machines can allow you to control both, one, or neither parameter based on model.

Newer inverter machines are more energy efficient than older transformer machines.

The older larger machines are transformer based machines. The deliver consistent weld quality, generally with higher duty cycles. Most lack some of the fine tuning of parameters that the newer smaller machines have.

The newer smaller machines are inverter based machines. This allows more controls of the arc than the older machines. Generally have slightly less duty cycles than comparable model older large machine.

Ex: older machines have no controls for run in WFS parameter or voltage, while inverter machines can allow you to control both, one, or neither parameter based on model.

Newer inverter machines are more energy efficient than older transformer machines.
That's great comparison. For long haul to get most dependability for the dollar would you go old or new for dedicated mig machine.

I usually develop a bias once I've made my mind up but if it were me I'd buy new and probably this welder.

Power i-MIG 230i - MIG Welders | Everlast Generators

Pretty serious duty cycle for a home gamer/small business in my uneducated opinion, plus stick option. Which for the amount of times welded to cast comes up, it'd be handy.
That seems like pretty good unit as far as specs, and price...oh decisions decisions

That's great comparison. For long haul to get most dependability for the dollar would you go old or new for dedicated mig machine.

No one can answer what’s best for you.

For me, I sold my miller 211. It was an 08 model big transformer non auto set. I purchased it new. It had issues that I personally didn’t like without a good solution. Those issues affected me, but depending on setup, may not affect someone else.

I took that money and got a Lincoln mp210, inverter machine. 2018 model. Multiprocess was big bonus but I usually only use it for mig.

Has a few more settings that helps dial in what I like in my setup. Makes it a better product for me personally. It has a few quirks also.

That said, it needs to be what is best for you. That includes your budget, intended usage, features, etc etc etc.

It’s a tool. Some people swear by snap on/matco/binford. Some people are happy with harbor freight/craftsman/kobalt.

Buy the one that fits your budget and checks off the most boxes as far as what you are looking for.

I’m hesitant in buying used machines that I don’t know the history off.

Some repairs can be costly, not only in parts but also in labor.

Some older machines have much better parts in them that are designed to last 30+ years.

Ex: 1998 model miller dynasty is a tank. 2012 model dynasty is a joke.

My best guess for you, is to buy the HF you titled the thread about. It’s clearly already on your mind and I guess it still has one year money back guarantee.

Buy it, try it. If you don’t like it, return it. Can’t do that with any other brand machine out there. It appears to be exact clone of the Lincoln mp210, but I can’t confirm what’s on the inside. It’s new and has a warranty.

Or spend $300 more on the Lincoln, buy it from a local supply store and get local face to face support for it.

I would hate to see you spend $1000 on a used machine, that has problems in a month that may cost you $500-$1000. Then you are out cash and a welder.

Last edited:
Found this..top of my list now..seems badass machine
Lincoln CV-300 REDUCED - tools - by owner - sale
Lincoln CV-300 REDUCED

Back