What are you having for dinner?

1658972526746.png

Everyone that has charcoal chimney needs one of these. I've used them for decades, stuffing them newspaper, brown paper bags etc. and waiting 20 or 30 mins. to get the coals ready. Tonight I just broke some some dead branches from a Dogwood tree in my backyard and stuffed a handful of sticks under the chimney. 10 or 20 seconds w that wand and the fire was roaring and the charcoal was ready in 15 mins !

20220829_194540.jpg

Everyone that has charcoal chimney needs one of these. I've used them for decades, stuffing them newspaper, brown paper bags etc. and waiting 20 or 30 mins. to get the coals ready. Tonight I just broke some some dead branches from a Dogwood tree in my backyard and stuffed a handful of sticks under the chimney. 10 or 20 seconds w that wand and the fire was roaring and the charcoal was ready in 15 mins !

View attachment 379806
I normally put 2 tumbleweeds under the chimney and walk away, and 15 min later the chimney is ready to roll. That device would be nice to start a snake.

I bought steaks on sale but can eat them the next two nights. I bought FOOD LION wings for lunch but my neighber brought me some smoked ribs and homemade baked beans for LUNCH so FL wings took less priority. I just ate them for dinner. If you havent had FL wings, hot or mild, do it, They are great!

Vacation's over....back in the kitchen. Crabcake sammiches for dinner

20230310_192312.jpg

We grilled veggies and burgers on the fire. But what I wish I had taken pictures of was desert. Krispy Kreem doughnuts with the hole stuffed with a marshmallow, grilled on the camp fire, then after it’s flipped, topped with hersheys and crushed gram crackers. It’s a grilled doughnut s’mores. Holy cow! Sugar overload but so good!

We do fish or chicken 95% of the time. Spices & add-ins are usually whatever is left, especially when it's getting close to time for another grocery trip. Tonight, it was flounder with chopped red pepper, spring onions, black pepper, and parsley. It was good.

20230311_202454.jpg

We do fish or chicken 95% of the time. Spices & add-ins are usually whatever is left, especially when it's getting close to time for another grocery trip. Tonight, it was flounder with chopped red pepper, spring onions, black pepper, and parsley. It was good.

View attachment 393524

Nice. Have some flounder I’m thawing out in the fridge for tomorrow night.

Mystery fish from the freezer for lunch.

20230428_121812.jpg

20230428_122134.jpg

Black sea bass, slaw, baked beans....baked apples still in the oven.

20230502_204236.jpg

Man, you make some great looking meals! What’s your slaw recipe? That looks delicious!

I cheat.

I buy the bagged cabbage, angel hair, but dump it on the cutting board and chop it finer. About a 1/4 to half a green pepper, about half of a sweet yellow onion. Fresh ground black pepper. A tablespoon or two of sugar (I use splenda sugar substitute), depending on how harsh the cabbage is. Then the real cheat -- Dukes Southern Style Coleslaw dressing.

It is good. Always better the next day.

Man, you make some great looking meals!

My mom was a home-ec teacher. Always said if it doesn't look good, it will never taste good.

Back