What are you having for dinner?

Delicious....almost like beef.

Got it at Amaroo Hills farm in Liberty NC.

That's good to know. I have considered raising them for meat, but want sure the market was big enough for the cost of entry.

That's good to know. I have considered raising them for meat, but want sure the market was big enough for the cost of entry.
Amaroo hills is home-based in TN, and has a partner farm in Liberty NC. Founder has Alpha-Gal. Sells a lot to restaurants, and has a big following in the Alpha-Gal community. Lots of online orders and shipping (frozen).

www.amaroohills.com

Might be worth talking to Jay at the farm in Liberty.

33FDA4DF-069E-4800-B1A3-B2C3838D879F.jpeg

Did some brisket on the smoker. Purdy good

Made-up recipe tonight....cran-apple chicken

20220108_192501.jpg

It was good.

Not dinner, but hearty snow day breakfast!
20220116_104008.jpg

20220116_104711.jpg

20220116_111500.jpg

Trust me, the color is off in the pic, but it looked much better than it shows. And tasted fantastic.

Cooked up some cubed chicken in a pan with paprika and black pepper. While it cooked, simmered a sauce made from apple sauce, chopped up dried cranberries (craisins), and a dollop of honey. Put chicken on top of a few crumbled up saltines, and the sauce on top. The salty crackers and the sweet apple/cranberry sauce made for a great combination.

12412.jpeg

Small BBQ joint in Lake City, Fl. Pretty damn good and damn cheap. A FULL plate and a couple beers was only $23.
View attachment 373977
I was gonna say, that looks like Sonny's. Then I saw the napkin. They are the only ones that I have seen with the Texas toast. They are a chain, but typically pretty good. There is one in Concord.

I was gonna say, that looks like Sonny's. Then I saw the napkin. They are the only ones that I have seen with the Texas toast. They are a chain, but typically pretty good. There is one in Concord.
I wasn’t sure if they were a chain or not as I had never heard of them but they did a good job and it was within walking distance to the place I was staying. Oh, and $3 drafts lol

A little Polish experiment.

Sweet potato, onion, sauerkraut, chicken, sausage, couple cups of chicken broth, 2Tbl flour to thicken, ground black pepper.

Dang good.

20220616_180839.jpg

Emu pastrami on rye...

20220622_130954.jpg

And chocolate brownie batter hummus for dessert (yes, there is such a thing, and its good):

20220622_132440.jpg

Last edited:
And chocolate brownie batter hummus for dessert (yes, there is such a thing, and its good):
My wife and kids eat that stuff, but I just can't get into it. I much prefer "regular" hummus. If I'm gonna eat something that tastes like brownies by God it better be made of brownies!

Back