What have you done for your health today?

As of this morning, down 25 lbs. Two more to reach my goal of 199. I am going to have to get a smaller belt or put another hole in the one I have...lol I also have 6 more pair of jeans i can wear now again!

Too pretty outside to work till 5.
Screenshot_20191122-183313.png

The wife and I have been doing ok with our food intake, not perfect, but to a point I think is livable. Very few lunches out any more, minimal eating out for dinner...I still have to get better at portion control some times. But overall was feeling pretty good about where I was going. I say ‘was’ because nothing brings you back to reality quite like holiday pictures, holy bageezus I’m still a fat bastard. Implemented family exercise time last night...figure it sets a good example for the girls too. Started just with 30 minutes. Super setted 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, 20 body weight squats, 20 body weight lunges and 20second planks and repeated until 30mins was up. Got 6 total sets in. Holy hell, how did I let myself get that far out of shape, much tougher than I remember. Goal is to increase those numbers nightly, until I get to 100 of each per set. Would like to add some burpees and the wife would like to add some yoga and cardio, but I think foundation of the plan is there.

Some of the F3 guys started a 1600 calories for 16 days challenge today. Not really a smart or long term plan but what the heck.

Tank had 6 pounds of bacon this week end. Hes trying to keep the bacon away from those that are tempted of it. This week maybe 20 pounds??

Starting a new month, so here's the stats from last month. Weight still steady at 223ish. I'm cool with it.
Screenshot_20191130-214609.png

I am signed up for a 50 mile MTN bike race in Charlotte in January. So training for it starts this week. I also am signed up for the Yeti or Not 25k foot race in February. Between those 2, I'll stay motivated.
Planning on racing my bike again in Feb in Uwharrie and seeing about a 120k race in Pisgah for the spring
Eeeek!

Bringing this back to the top. Had a competition over the weekend. 3 man team. We did better on all 4 workouts than we ever got in practice. Came in 7th out of 12. 71st worldwide out of 250+ teams. Pretty happy with the effort put forth. Monday my legs were trashed and yesterday was "The Chief" 5x3min AMRAP of 3 power cleans at 135, 6 pushups, 9 air squats. Rest 1 min between rounds. Got 18+4.

Today was a super long chipper style workout(my favorite) 30min time cap.

400m run
50 kettlebell swings(70lbs)
45 walking lunges with kettlebell
35 cals on the rower
30 toes to bar
25 wallballs(30lb)
20 Dball over the shoulder(150lb)
15 burpees over bar
10 power cleans(135)
5 rope climbs
400m run

Finished around 28:45. Been having a nagging pain in my left shoulder where my bicep tendon plugs into my shoulder joint. Once I'm up and moving its not bad, its just inflamed for now. Hopefully stretching/icing and some ibuprofen will take care of it.

Training for the Whole Enchilada 50ish miler at WWTC in 2 weeks. Working on my climbing here so when I'm in flatter country, I'll be better prepared.
Solid Pisgah loop with the wifey today. We climbed approx 6 relentless miles up FS477 and dropped down 475 to the backside of Looking Glass rock. Climbed to the top of Cove Creek and enjoyed the downhill.
Screenshot_20191228-152322.png
66533.jpeg

Forgot to Strava it, but carried my fatass and my tardler up a few big hills at Dupont and saw a couple waterfalls.

Thanks for stopping my house that was a whopping 2 miles away.
I'm going back to asking @Loganwayne to be my friend.
I swung by, but your butler said you were out having your bikes shuttled up a hill.

I finally ended a terrible relationship and feel 100% at peace with myself about it....like a huge weight was lifted off my chest. That by itself will be a HUGE improvement for my health...mentally and physically. You know how much it sucks to be miserable at work AND at home? It's the worst.

I've been working out with a buddy from work, so I may very well get a gym membership of my own and keep on with that.

I somehow managed to finally get under 200 lbs for the first time in probably 10 or 12 years! That was a big deal for me. I've started seeing little areas of improvement and now I want more, so it was really good motivation. I like the feeling of sore muscles and I've done pretty good with keeping it up for a few weeks now. Started at 248 and I was 197.5 on the scale yesterday morning. Down a solid 50 lbs.

I was pretty proud of myself. I've been wanting to get rid of her for a LONG time.

I finally ended a terrible relationship and feel 100% at peace with myself about it....like a huge weight was lifted off my chest. That by itself will be a HUGE improvement for my health...mentally and physically. You know how much it sucks to be miserable at work AND at home? It's the worst.

I've been working out with a buddy from work, so I may very well get a gym membership of my own and keep on with that.

I somehow managed to finally get under 200 lbs for the first time in probably 10 or 12 years! That was a big deal for me. I've started seeing little areas of improvement and now I want more, so it was really good motivation. I like the feeling of sore muscles and I've done pretty good with keeping it up for a few weeks now. Started at 248 and I was 197.5 on the scale yesterday morning. Down a solid 50 lbs.
Sounds more like you went from about 375-400lbs down to sub 200 ;) Congrats!

I have failed over the Holidays......Thanksgiving, followed by a two day fishing trip, the following week at all inclusive in Puerto Vallarta, then three Christmas parties, followed by Christmas and now preparing for New Years Party. Gonna get back to the discipline of eating right and throw in some exercising as well to start the new year! Oh and I am up 6.6 lbs. :(

Started back tracking my food after way too many snaccidents. I've been working out 5 days/week but I can't outrun my fork :rolleyes: So, it's back to tracking & focusing on whole foods (as in real, not like "whole" pizzas, cakes, & cookies).

Also signed up for a 5k on New Year's Day. It's been a while since I've ran & my "friend" convinced me that we should sign up for a 5k each month in 2020 (I need better friends).

Some quick math here, put me at 38 years old, sweating my butt off at a Plumbing Supply Co. Got a little encouraged by a 20 ish co-worker, trying to get cut & working out! I stopped the McD's milkshakes, & tried to eat healthier. Dropped from 220ish, to 200. Never broke that 200! Now, I am 6', large frame, & had Muscle, then. Never been much of a Water fan! Trying now to get back under 240. I've averaged about 225, for 40 years!:(

Back