What to do about liberal ass hat neighbor

josh m

Ever since I had political signs in yard last fall my neighbor calls the police to report dogs barking. He's calling them almost daily. I've left a note on his door giving him my number to call if they bother him. Got bark collars on them, but they are inside most days. He calls without them even barking. It's like my family is under constant investigation. Had three visits this weekend. The police are Cool and know it's all BS. I went to the police dept today to pull reports on my address and there are 10 since September 4th 2016, about the time my trump sign went up. They are gathering the dispatch records for me now, but I'd bet he's called it in close to 100 times in the last six months. Magistrate doesn't think it falls into the stalking statute, so I'm unable to swear out a warrant on him. She says since he's calling the cops and not contacting me or my family it's not harassing us.
If we are in the yard there will be a cop posted across the street in short order. Wether the dogs are outside or not. Wife is now stressed about it, because it's so personal( hell the neighbors have three dogs that bark and don't get called in) not sure how far this ass hole wants to take it, but I'm sure it'll end badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like a fun one for @ckruzer

My first question personally would be "What is the law concerning dogs barking in your area?"

If your dogs are allowed to bark, smile wave and you do you.
If there is a potential legal issue with your dogs barking then that may change things.

From a legal standpoint if he is calling the cops when your dogs are NOT barking then it would be a simple case of filing a false police report. If he calls everytime you are outside, board the dogs at the vet for a few days walk around outside and wait on the cops to show up. He has just filed a false report and has been exposed as a dumbass

I think you could argue harassment by him continuously calling the police.
I'd go over there show him that you have all the calls he's made tell him your fedup with it and will be filling charges against him if he continues. Even if you can't it will make him second guess. I'd also install a camera with sound anytime he calls and compare it to the time he calls the cops from now on

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just tell him you're a transgender and you're offended by his discrimination.

First off, you have a potential legal issue that may escalate. WTF are you doing posting about it in an open forum????

Second....document, document, document.

Third...he's ether bat shit crazy, or a to-the-bone asshat...I'd say you are already at the point of not needing to seek direct communications.

You could really put him over the edge and carry a sidearm and a rifle while walking around your property. His head might explode.

This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing. Might throw my suppressed SBR on my back and finish my fence.

Keep fresh doughnuts and coffee on hand for the cops and go on your merry way. Make sure every time the cops visit to let him see you smiling with them, waving goodbye and maybe even a "see you next time" shout. Heck, hang a "back the blue" flag on your porch too. put the mind f@ck back on him.

It would be his boyfriend more than likely. Summer time brings him in the yard with shorts to short for a 17yo girl on spring break.

Call the police on him for indecent exposure.

First off, you have a potential legal issue that may escalate. WTF are you doing posting about it in an open forum????

Second....document, document, document.

Third...he's ether bat shit crazy, or a to-the-bone asshat...I'd say you are already at the point of not needing to seek direct communications.

Not to concerned about it, got 20 plus police officers that have been out here and stated no noise ordinance was violated.
Bat shit crazy is more like it, I'm pretty sure someone went thru my trash last weekend. Guess I need to start reporting this stuff to develop a case.

Keep fresh doughnuts and coffee on hand for the cops and go on your merry way. Make sure every time the cops visit to let him see you smiling with them, waving goodbye and maybe even a "see you next time" shout. Heck, hang a "back the blue" flag on your porch too. put the mind f@ck back on him.

177de4ef7693185043b93f426598f27c.jpg

This is my daily wearing hat, which is on when I'm talking to officers. But a flag next to my 4' trump 2020 sign might be great!! And have a camera on it all the time, maybe even some accent lighting to display at night.

This sounds like a fun one for @ckruzer

My first question personally would be "What is the law concerning dogs barking in your area?"

If your dogs are allowed to bark, smile wave and you do you.
If there is a potential legal issue with your dogs barking then that may change things.

From a legal standpoint if he is calling the cops when your dogs are NOT barking then it would be a simple case of filing a false police report. If he calls everytime you are outside, board the dogs at the vet for a few days walk around outside and wait on the cops to show up. He has just filed a false report and has been exposed as a dumbass

haha. negative ghost rider. these kind are boring. nothing of substance to work with. the most fun I had was helping a big herbal product business out west get the FDA from imprisoning all of them. When you do something good, and succeed, thats the best.

Truthfully. As mentioned, nothing can be "done" (nonabsolute) until direct harassment occurs. Indirect is very difficult to bring under the substantial evidence test, also when things are indirect with this it creates murky waters regarding the failure of an "alledged date" of offense. I understand the wife's concern and it can be frustrating. Also if the guy got wise and quit calling the cops and started calling animal control, animal control could cause alot of headache of removing the dogs without a warrant and could happen while you are not at home.

Regarding misuse of 911, that is regarding 911 and doesnt blanket cover complaints to the police department through their main line. Additionally, those types of cases never work to well because you have to prove they "knowingly and willingly" misused it with wrongful intentions. All the guy would have to say is "i believe" and a competent lawyer could easily dismiss the issue.

Honestly. My two cents. You have to escalate the issue in order to get something to happen. The wife may not like that. You cant do stupid shit like enter his property and do other things that are unlawful or would skew a future claim. You can do things like put more signs out and exercise free speech. Get it to escalate then put your claim in. This could backfire especially if you are not at home all the time with your wife, and arson would suck...

I usually try and refrain from this: but...

The other side of the coin is the exact same. What is working for him can work for you (or rather your wife). I do not advocate lying... but... The say hearsay that is protecting him can protect your wife in a claim of harassment... I being gentle hear and not suggesting an outright lie. But honest feelings, emotions, and fear are reasons acceptable of the court to file a 50c no contact order.

Yea I'm considering a 50c but without him contacting me, it won't work. If it bothers him that much that I had signs in my yard 6 months ago, it'll infuriate him that they are going back up again. He might have been the one that defaced and stole all my signs back then, so it might get him stirred up now. Magistrate suggested I have a civil attorney draw up a cease desist letter to get the ball roling on civil action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should get a gallon of roundup and in the early AM draw a giant penis in his front yard.

it'll infuriate him that they are going back up again.

Put them up and set a trail camera out. Catch him, then call police.

Back