White Noise

Another primer coat and then flat black

Thanks man!

I really have thought about that John :) That yellow is the primer, and I am coming very close to going and getting a yellow top coat... very close, we shall see

Well last night I dropped the jeep off at my buddy's shop. Here is what is about to go on the 'ole jeep:

Clayton longarms front and rear with 4.5" springs and 1" spacers

1999 Explorer 8.8 in the rear
Dutchman shafts with 6x5.5 bolt pattern for the 8.8
4.88 gears and an Aussie in the 8.8

Front 1990 Waggy D44
4.88 gears and an Aussie in the 44
Chromo shafts and 300m joints for 44
Warn Premium hubs
Hydro assist

Tom Woods drive shafts front and rear

Advance Adapters SYE

35x12.5r15 trxus mts on ProComp wheels 6x5.5 bolt pattern with 2.5" BS

dang, looks good.

i've driven by your place a few times. would love to swing by and check it out close up

Anytime man, I am usually in the garage messing with somthing, stop by any time. Maybe I have seen your rig, what do you have?

Went by and visited the jeep today. It looks awesome so far! Two guys from the Board (rock-lucky and 792.5cj5) are doing all the work in their shop, and the work is top notch. I definitley recommend them to anyone.

On to the pictures.

Here is the 8.8 all ready to bolt up

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3549.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the rear long arms

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3548.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3550.jpg

SYE bolted up

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3552.jpg

Clayton's rear triangulated shock mount

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3555.jpg

A couple shots of the unibody stiffiners welded up

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3553.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3554.jpg

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_IMG_3556.jpg

Thanks man, I can't wait for it to be ifnished!

progress is looking good Clay. let me know how those triangulated shocks work out for you

A lot of people love the triagulated shock setup mainly because it gets them out of harms way; but I will let you know what I think about them once I get the jeep on the trail.

Talked to the guys last night, the jeep is now sitting on its axles! Just ordered the rear drive shaft, and the front is being lengthened right now.

Quick cell phone teaser pic. Should be driving her home this weekend.

ai358.photobucket.com_albums_oo27_CW_2009_MyJeep51710.jpg

sweet man looking good! now all you need is a v8!

LOL, yeah I think the 4.0 is going to be adequate at best :) No speed machine for sure even with 4.88s! :D

That's cool you used a waggy dana 44. I had one of those in my old cj7 with 5.38's a lockright and 37's. You will be fine with the 35's and the chromo's!:beer:

I went with a waggy 44 in the front and a 8.8 in the rear, both with chromos, so hopefully i will be good to go in that respect for a while.

man this thing's looking awesome! i've had this thread saved in my bookmarks for a while now.. must say it's coming together very nicely..

Thanks man!

I just drove her home last night... let me tell you that was an experience :) It needs an alignment BAD, but other than that she is awesome! I drove her from Winston to Greensboro down Interstate 40, and I figured I would see blue lights in my rearview mirror any time pulling me over for DUI (hadn't had a drop, the alignment was just that bad) since I was all over the road :lol: I am heading to URE today for the cleanup (not taking my jeep, riding with a friend), but hopefully I will get some pictures later this weekend.

Your castor may be off if it was wandering all over the road. If it was alignment it would just pull to one side or the other.:beer:

Can they adjust the castor when I take it for an alignment?

Yes as long as you have adjustable lowers.

Oh yeah, eight Claytons are adjustable, thanks man!

Back