who here dislikes dealerships?

A lot more than stock I would say. The joint defiantly is working hard. And, if the angle isn't the same at both ends ( I don't think this is a CV is it) it will vibrate, which will defiantly help in short life span.

that angle is "no so good" for a 1310 joint without some clearancing..

See that little black mark at the 9:00 position? looks like it's been hitting the yoke.

haha ok i think i will go ahead and tell you before anyone else rags me about this. this is what it looks like after being hit head on by a 1994 pontiac gand am.the angle did not look like this originally. the axle was pushed back quite a few inches when i got hit. so i guess i will go ahead and put up the other pics. amazingly the body is not damaged and because the front bumper is such a beast and my jeep sits so high it forced their car to go under my jeep, and luckily i had come to a compete stop other wise the hit would have caused my jeep to roll.
ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j81_highrollintj_100_1270.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j81_highrollintj_100_1269.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j81_highrollintj_100_1268.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j81_highrollintj_100_1272.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j81_highrollintj_100_1276.jpg

ai78.photobucket.com_albums_j81_highrollintj_100_1275.jpg

but for the most part all of the suspension and the front axle is trashed. we dont know yet if the frame is messed up cus as you can see in the one pic the body has shifted forward but that was on the driver side only. it is possible too that the transfercase might be messed up. but without them considering it totalled it is at least $5K worth of damage including labor, so this pretty much means that i will get to swap my dana 44's in much sooner, like perhaps next week.

I wager money theres a good chance your frame is bent. I had someone pull in front of my Rubicon last July and I hit them doing 62 with 40 ft to stop and my axle didn't get pushed back but I also was at stock height. It did wrinkle the body tub on mine all the way down and shifted it and bent the frame slightly in 2 places but not enough to worry about straightening it. ( according to 2 different body shops and the dealer) I'm surprised it didn't push that front driveshaft through the back of the transfer case which has been known to happen

yeah i am worried that the transfercase got messed up too, but if it is totalled i am gonna buy another wrangler and try to buy this one back for off road use only.

Back