Why oh WHY

BRUISER

silent.. but deadly
So I have been reading a lot of diesel forums, etc.. (since getting my dodge)

and what I find just funny as all is a lot of these guys are wasting diesel fuel just to make
black smoke out the back of there rig and they are all trying to Juice up there
engines so they can have a very fast 9000lb truck.. but they do not upgrade tranny
or brakes so they break the tranny and then can not stop them...

Seems to me a lot of these guys are acting just like the Ricers when they first started to get big

but if yake the time to read these forums all they talk about is how they beat a ricer at the light or
how the smoked someone out and laugh about..

So tell me what is different about a diesel truck driver acting like a dumb kid and a Ricer??

How much damage occurs when they crash..

Honestly, very little difference.

On earlier, more mechanical diesels, obviously, it's basically unavoidable to have excess fuel out the tailpipe if you're trying to make more power... But the guys who do things specifically with just smoke in mind, yeah, that is just silly, but hey, to each their own I suppose.

Obviously, we are much like the pot calling the kettle black - let me give an example or 2...
Why do you put such big tires on your XJ when the brakes are still basically stock? You've more than doubled the rotating mass.. have you doubled your braking power?
Why do you run such big tires without an upgraded Dana60 in the front so you won't break things?

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't upgraded the brakes on my 1-ton... But then again, I'm not doing 100mph either.

I see your point

But....
that is exaclty why I upgrade my axles to a built 44 front and built 9" rear i have bigger brakes, stronger axles, u-jints, etc....

Yes i have stock tranny and transfer case but since i have not modified the engine for more power there is no need to upgrade those parts.. :)

But back to the diesel/ricer talk....

I just find it funny that there is a lot of these guys with newer Trucks and they are adding all these extra to there diesel just to do things for show.. but when a ricer adds a wing or a noisy exhaust they make fun of them... I find it funny that to me a lot of these "NEW" Diesel owners are acting just like ricers...

BRUISER said:
I just find it funny that there is a lot of these guys with newer Trucks and they are adding all these extra to there diesel just to do things for show..

remember the late 80's?

awww.bumpstop.com_lowrider_88s10.jpg

I remember chics that wouldn't date a guy unless he had a slammed mitsubishi truck :lol:

That was shortly after the "mustang' fad, but before the "ricer" craze and the SUV on 22's debut

It's just another "fad"

CasterTroy said:
remember the late 80's?
I remember chics that wouldn't date a guy unless he had a slammed mitsubishi truck :lol:
It's just another "fad"

What kinda chicks were you hanging with :)

BRUISER said:
What kinda chicks were you hanging with :)

:lol: it was high school.....they were cheerleaders/popular.......very shallow, materialistic women. Who, at the 10 yr reunion a few years ago, were all pretty heavy, with very bald, overweight men, reminiscing about whatta "dope" ride they use to have in HS :lol:

All of the chicks in high school dug my jeep cj5. I used to give the cheerleaders a ride home and they let me touch their pompom's. :flipoff2:

:beer:

I don't know why we do it either, but its really fun to leave a ricer at the light in a cloud of black smoke!
Plus, its so practical to have so much power when towing. its safer! :D My GF has not bought that one yet either:confused:

Back