YouTube Channels

77GreenMachine

Phillip Talton
So up until the beginning of this year, YouTube was just a place I went for technical stuff, and funny videos. It wasn’t until talking with a friend I realized there was “channels” with regular content and plenty of entertainment. It has been a game changer for my evening entertainment for the little bit of TV I watch.

@Chris_Keziah turned me on to the Cleetus McFarland YouTube channel, which was the first to get me hooked. Then I subscribed to BleepinJeep, then Flex Rocks & Rollovers, Busted Knuckle, RockYour4x4 and so on. I have really been hooked on How To BBQ Right, and upped my grilling game big time watching that, along with Swine Life BBQ.

Then @CasterTroy turned me onto Vice Grip Garage, which even my wife loves to watch. Most of the afore mentioned channels upload videos on a pretty regular basis and you can follow along with what they’re up to.

So what are you watching on the Tube? What gear head style stuff do you like? Let’s make this a thread for what channels to check out on the Tube.

BTW, in case you’re really out of the loop, subscribing to a channel cost nothing, just means you follow that channel and see when they post new videos.

1. Fireball Tool (badass metal fab stuff)
2. John Malecki (Former Pittsburgh Steeler turned wood worker & hilarious)

Some of my favorites:

Vice Grip Garage
Essential Craftsman
mrpete222
The History Guy
Hill Top Machine Works ;)
Ron Pratt
Perkins Builder Brothers
Fireball Tool

20 Trucks
Blippy

This old Tony.
Perkins builder brothers
Welker farms
Essential craftsman
Precision transmission
Smarter every day

Internet comment etiquette
All gas no brakes.

The $10 a month for YouTube premium is in my opinion definitely worth it.

I would like for the record to show my level of irritation during the episode about ‘what sinks and what floats’. He poured the Cheetos in the water before all the other stuff and was then combatting cloudy water like it was a surprise. And now I’m even saltier about it knowing the dude is worth 20mil...cmon, just buy some more supplies and retake the scene.

X2 for project farm.
RR buildings, essential craftsman, guilty of treeson, buckin Billy ray, lets dig 18, Perkins builders, zip ties and bias plys.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I end up watching a channel, and they'll have guests or friends with channels, so I end up watching them too just because they were cool people, so my subscription list is all over the place lol. Example: I watch Logger Wade, who is neighbors with Dirt Perfect, so I watch Dirt Perfect. Dirt Perfect employs Captain Kleeman and Aaron Bumm Man Behind The Scenes, so I watch their channels. Captain Kleeman had nuts319 over to do some work, so now I watch his channel, and on and on. As for gear head channels I watch BleepinJeep, Lite Brite, MischiefMakerTV, Dirt Lifestyle, Busted Knuckle, Greg_Alberalla, V-Belt and Son, and a few others. And I follow a few mobile gamers.

Duane

Vice Grip Garage (general tech and he’s funny)
DeBoss Garage
DeBoss Garage Heavy Duty (farm machinery)
Junkyard Digs (Cool middle of the woods revivals of shitbox stuff)
Dylan McCool (all Mopar)
Thunderhead 289 (lots of carb tuning and timing tech)

GTOger (drum beats ! )
Millenial Farmer
Welker Farms
Outdoors with the Morgans
Buckin Billy Ray
Cleetus McFarland
FasterProms
AdamLZ
AVE
various other I don't remember
numerous dash cam vid channels

To truly appreciate vice grip garage. You need to watch this one first

If you like that middle eastern guy who does electrical how to's and shocks the shit out of himself, it's kinda along those lines plus roadkill, and you learn stuff too

Damn.....you guys beat me to most of them!

The few I haven't seen yet, motortrend channel has roadkill, roadkill garage, dirt everyday, and hot rod garage.....I think Finnegan's Garage is officially a spin-off (I get the feeling he is trying to blaze his own trail using his existing name recognition)....but the personality mix of Roadkill is missing, he is surrounded by clones and it feels a bit too "sponsored" to me.....I hate product placement in anything.

This old Tony, AVE, and The essential Craftsman have taught me more than I would care to admit.

To truly appreciate vice grip garage. You need to watch this one first

If you like that middle eastern guy who does electrical how to's and shocks the shit out of himself, it's kinda along those lines plus roadkill, and you learn stuff too

@adamk this is the one I was telling you about, the very first one I watched that got me hooked.

I end up watching a channel, and they'll have guests or friends with channels, so I end up watching them too just because they were cool people, so my subscription list is all over the place lol. Example: I watch Logger Wade, who is neighbors with Dirt Perfect, so I watch Dirt Perfect. Dirt Perfect employs Captain Kleeman and Aaron Bumm Man Behind The Scenes, so I watch their channels. Captain Kleeman had nuts319 over to do some work, so now I watch his channel, and on and on. As for gear head channels I watch BleepinJeep, Lite Brite, MischiefMakerTV, Dirt Lifestyle, Busted Knuckle, Greg_Alberalla, V-Belt and Son, and a few others. And I follow a few mobile gamers.

Duane
And this is why I don't actually follow anyone on Youtube :lol:

Oh Man. I feel like this is my time to shine!

Here we go
DUST - cool sci fi short films
Dirt lifestyle - Fab and offroad stuff
Lite Brite - "Jeep stuff"
Absolute History - Historical recreation stuff
MishiefMakerTV - Jeep things with a scottish accent
JK Gear and Gadgets - Jeep stuff and one ton swap
Flex Rocks and Rollovers - Wheeling stuff
Jeep Gear and Gadgets - JK gear and gadgets wife with an LJ
Modustrial maker - Dude making cool stuff
Finnegans Garage - Gearhead stuff
Fishers Shop - Woodworking
April Wilkerson - Woodworking
BleepinJeep - Jeep things
Build Dad Build - Maker stuff
Bad obsession Motorsports - Project Binky
CRAWL Tv - Jeep things
Muddy Beards 4x4 - Jeep stuff
Make Things- maker channel
Big Tire Garage - Ian makes cool offroad stuff
I Like To Make Stuff - maker content
John Heisz - I build it - More maker stuff
DIY Creators - DIY maker stuff
PhillyLS1 - ATV race videos
WoodShop Junkies - Woodworking
Ollari's - Maker and woodshop stuff
o3djeeps - you guessed it
epic workshop - fantasy maker stuff
roman everett - jeep hings
DIY builds - maker things
This old Tony - tooling stuff
Jonathan Katz-Moses - next level woodworking

Also, watch out with Hoonigan/Cletus/etc if you're prone to motion sickness. There's a lot of handheld "look at this, now look at this, now look at my reaction" camera work. I'm fine with it, but it makes some people sick.

Back