05 TJ LS swap

The VSS on the 241 works fine. Use the one that's in it and get the pigtail that fits it. Splice it to the original wires where the old VSS was. Mine has been working for...9 years? If you didn't replace the VSS in the 241, I would, they're cheap. 88-98 GM 1500 truck and pigtail. Real easy.

Is it shifting at all now? Does the speedometer work? If so...how?

Post a picture of the air intake so I can see how the MAF is setup in the piping and how it's run.

I thought that’s one of the things that get turned off in the tuning?

You talking about the VSS or MAF?

Last edited:
I'm assuming the VSS is hooked up and working....right? If you have a decent scan tool, you can look at the live data and see what speed the PCM is reading and if it's even sending a signal to shift the transmission.

I'm assuming the VSS is hooked up and working....right? If you have a decent scan tool, you can look at the live data and see what speed the PCM is reading and if it's even sending a signal to shift the transmission.
Actually I think it's in 3rd not first. I'll check live data tomorrow. I think I'm missing a harness to the vss..the plug going to it must be something else from research I've been seeing

The VSS on the 241 works fine. Use the one that's in it and get the pigtail that fits it. Splice it to the original wires where the old VSS was. Mine has been working for...9 years? If you didn't replace the VSS in the 241, I would, they're cheap. 88-98 GM 1500 truck and pigtail. Real easy.

Is it shifting at all now? Does the speedometer work? If so...how?

Post a picture of the air intake so I can see how the MAF is setup in the piping and how it's run.

You talking about the VSS or MAF?

Hell I don’t know. I’m out of my lane. Carry on.

Actually I know now for a fact I'm missing the harness that went to original np246 with all the different speed sensor plugs and electric motor

ok this is the harness that I DO NOT have plugged in...the guy I bought motor/trans/t-case/harness told me this was only needed for the 4wd shifter motor/computer to work so I figured I didn't need it but he gave me one anyways. On the current harness going to the 4L60e, there was 1 plug that looked the same as all the 3 VSS sensor plugs on this harness so I assumed it was the correct one but now I realize that this harness has to be connected just for that one VSS plug (which would be the proper one) which should fix my trans not shifting and being stuck in 3rd gear...I hope I'm making sense here. thanks

1627182508058.jpeg

this harness pictured that I have is missing the ground wires also...are those just to ground out the shift motor on the case or would those be a part of the VSS circuit also? I'm so close to finishing this swap, this is it so I can do an actual test drive up to speed and fine tune the rear pinion. So far it drove with almost no vibes up to whatever speed I reached before trans was acting funny and not wanting to shift

according to this site (Lt1swap.com), this is the harness I have and that one labeled speed sensor is what is plugged into my VSS on the rear tailshaft housing of the NP241. But I'm also reading that the C100 harness is the one that plugs back for the 4wd swith/motor/4Lo and the 2 VSS sensors on the factory output of the NP246 so this is where I'm lost...which is it? Which of these Speed sensor harness plugs is needed for the trans to switch gears?

1627183431819.jpeg

With wheels off the ground, putting trans in D, watching live data on my scanner mph speed went to 8mph then 0, when I let off showed 34mph for split second then 0. Any help/ information would be great. Thanks

Did you replace the speed sensor itself or use the one that was already in the transfer case? Have you tried switching the wires on the pigtail to see if it reads differently?

Did you replace the speed sensor itself or use the one that was already in the transfer case? Have you tried switching the wires on the pigtail to see if it reads differently?
No and no, I'll try switching them tomorrow. I'm so flustered with this thing

Finally!! Drives great!!
T-case angles down 6.1, pinion points up 7.9, driveshaft angle 18.3 is what I've ended up with. Only thing I feel up to 60 was like what a MT tire would give but hes got regular street tires.
Do I leave it or try and dial it in a hair more.
16273171874463275745377932949196.jpg

Jesus that's a short driveshaft!
Yeah lol. Its actually 1.2" longer than factory was even with the np241c being long.
Get it dialed in
I would now take pinion down 1.5ish degrees and should be about right?!
I already took tcase down 1.25 but cant go anymore. Thanks

Yeah lol. Its actually 1.2" longer than factory was even with the np241c being long.

I would now take pinion down 1.5ish degrees and should be about right?!
I already took tcase down 1.25 but cant go anymore. Thanks
Looks like some grinding has taken place. Is it balanced? Personally, I'd run a DC shaft and adjustable uppers and be done with that nonsense.

Looks like some grinding has taken place. Is it balanced?
Yeah I made it then took it and had it balanced thinking that's what the vibrations were (doubtful though, it was pretty dam straight). Driveshaft shop said I was off .8 of a thousand which ain't nothing. He threw on a weight anyways

Bring the pinion down and hope for the best. After that, a CV shaft is the only cure.
Ah, no need for cv shaft. It rides great now, I bet 1/2* will make it as good as stock.
Making new arms now!
I never drove it before but I don't know how the hell he drive it 1.5hrs to me with these lower control arm bushings. Skeeeetchyy as hell

So I guess you got the shifting problem figured out?

So I guess you got the shifting problem figured out?
Stupid vss was bad, go figure! Took another one from a customers 241 and voila...the simple crap I overlook a lot of times.

Dam half throttle this thing hauls ass

Stupid vss was bad, go figure! Took another one from a customers 241 and voila...the simple crap I overlook a lot of times.

Told you.

Shoulda got him to spring for a JB Conversions SYE. That driveshaft could be 6" longer.

Now post a picture of the engine compartment so I can see if there's something wrong with the intake setup and figure out what's up with the MAF code.

Told you.

Shoulda got him to spring for a JB Conversions SYE. That driveshaft could be 6" longer.
Yessir that's why it was the first thing I did this morning, thank you very much.
SYE was just not needed since it has same lift as before the swap and apparently he was pleased with how it rode so why spend the money

Back