05 TJ LS swap

Yeah...what was I thinking? Who would want a longer driveshaft with more available operating angle? :rolleyes:
Hey man quality and durability are useless. If what I have works what could be better

Yeah...what was I thinking? Who would want a longer driveshaft with more available operating angle? :rolleyes:
Hey hey it's his jeep, his wants. I'm just the guy doing what he wants. This isn't an off road jeep btw

You ever figure out the MAF issue?

You ever figure out the MAF issue?
Here's the layout, no it's still giving me the same code..maf low circuit input p0102.
And cooling system still not quite right. It's running at 185 idling, 177 driving but upper hose is still too pressurized and lower thermostat hose still not all the way hot. Do I just assume new thermostat is janky or somehow still air in the system?

20210727_115920.jpg

Steam port for the cooling system is here
16274019112991517035291053002611.jpg

Here's the layout, no it's still giving me the same code..maf low circuit input p0102.
And cooling system still not quite right. It's running at 185 idling, 177 driving but upper hose is still too pressurized and lower thermostat hose still not all the way hot. Do I just assume new thermostat is janky or somehow still air in the system?
Are you measuring cooling system pressure or just assuming it's "too pressurized?" This temps are fine, most stock truck ls stuff runs 195-210.

Are you measuring cooling system pressure or just assuming it's "too pressurized?" This temps are fine, most stock truck ls stuff runs 195-210.
No but judging it by how the upper hose should feel..its too stiff for what I'm used to. Plus the thermostat lower hose should be much hotter than it feels. Idk maybe im overanalyzing

No but judging it by how the upper hose should feel..its too stiff for what I'm used to. Plus the thermostat lower hose should be much hotter than it feels. Idk maybe im overanalyzing
Without putting a pressure gauge on it then you're guessing. The upper hose should be hotter than the lower hose. Upper is the water pump outlet and lower is the inlet.

Got driveshaft dialed in perfect so I had the guts to hit WOT and holy shit..I hope he's prepared for that cause I sure as hell wasn't lmbo

Try cleaning the MAF.

Did you ever get the coolant temp sensor IN the flow of coolant? How are the fans controlled and when do they turn on/off?

It's amazing how awesome 225 rwhp and 285 rwtq feels.

Try cleaning the MAF.

Did you ever get the coolant temp sensor IN the flow of coolant? How are the fans controlled and when do they turn on/off?

It's amazing how awesome 225 rwhp and 285 rwtq feels.
I'll try cleaning it tomorrow and yeah I got the coolant sensors moved to where they're straight in the head like factory now.
is 225hp all that a 5.3 is? according to google, the 5.3 is 285hp, 325trq! That has to be the case, no way my 302 in the Mounty has just as much power as this 5.3 LS

last thing to do is find someone who can braze the a/c line fittings of the chevy compressor onto the jeep lines and that will finish it completely.
Since this motor runs on MAP sensor and MAF sensor together, what purpose does one or the other do...another words why have both? pretty much every car I've worked on has one or the other not 2

I said RWhp 🙄

Rear wheel. Advertised numbers are at the crank. You lose around 20% through an automatic driveline, plus, it's 20 years old and has probably lost a few horse torques.

It uses the MAF to actually measure air flow, not calculate it based on its density. The MAF also houses the IAT sensor. You can run an LS without a MAF in a speed density tune, but there's absolutely no point in this case. It would require a tune change, a full rewrite to license it, and you'd have to wire in a separate IAT sensor.

Rear wheel. Advertised numbers are at the crank. You lose around 20% through an automatic driveline, plus, it's 20 years old and has probably lost a few horse torques.
dang that much? holy cow.
It uses the MAF to actually measure air flow, not calculate it based on its density. The MAF also houses the IAT sensor. You can run an LS without a MAF in a speed density tune, but there's absolutely no point in this case. It would require a tune change, a full rewrite to license it, and you'd have to wire in a separate IAT sensor.
good to know

I was just there this morning. Two custom ac hoses were $54.00. I supplied some of the ends was pleased with the price and quality.
Is it alliance hose or alamance hose? Alliance comes up but alamance doesn't

Yea it is Alliance Hose and Tube. They are on South Elm-Eugene. 336-378-9736.
Thank you.
It was fun driving it, but it's gone now on a cross country trip to Colorado. It was a lot of learning for sure.

just wanted to give a big thanks to all that helped me through this LS swap for my first time. Thanks to everyone for taking your time to guide me through this process!!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::):):)

just wanted to give a big thanks to all that helped me through this LS swap for my first time. Thanks to everyone for taking your time to guide me through this process!!
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::):):)
are you on to the next one now?

Back