1930's Farmhouse Rebuild - phase ll

How in the world did you get that sucker down those stairs and out of the house?

Or did you just push it off the roof? :D

Pushing it off was plan B. Luckily, the backhoe bucket raised up high enough to put it in. The ground was so soft I wasn't worried about it busting, I just didn't want to have to dig it out when it went out of sight :lol:

Finally had some curbs made for the showers around Christmas and glass was installed last week. Finished putting up towel racks,mirror, hung the light,and some trim painting today.

Little man has his own bathroom now....one more vanity/top,finish up the clawffoot tub and mama will have her bathroom finished too!

IMG_4811.JPG

Me and dad managed to get the tub back to its final destination without tearing anything up or bodily injury to ourselves. I just put a couple coats of Rustoleum clear over it. It wasn't what the wife wanted but I like the character of the casting marks myself. She said I could have this one, since she has 99% of the house. Time to start cleaning up original hardware and supply lines.....or just leave the pex :lol:.

IMG_4830.JPG

IMG_4831.JPG

Tub turned out good. Im digging the raw finish on the bottom. I think Mr. Hunt would approve.....mainly because you spent $50 instead of $1500. :D

Still pecking away at it. Father-in-law whipped up another vanity for us a month ago and got the tops on about 2 weeks ago. I just thought $5 cabinet knobs were expensive....those stupid Cremone bolts were stupid high. Gonna finish hooking up the supply lines and drains tomorrow. I tried to source some fittings to hook up original supply lines and drains on the claw foot but none of the local guys had anything that would adapt to it, so I've been looking for some affordable fixtures :(.

Also almost finished up my built-in the living room.....stained the old windows, cleaned the glass and another cheap bolt on the door to finish it off :rolleyes:

IMG_6219.JPG

IMG_6252.JPG

Ended up going to Ferguson's and looking around. They didn't have anything on the floor but we looked at stuff online at Signature Hardware, which they own.

Installed the faucet the other today and I spent this morning hooking it all up trying not to cut it short or scratch the finish off it :eek:.

IMG_6280.JPG

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6273.JPG

No offense, but the old one is way cooler. Looks like something a farmer would have made, whereas the new one looks like something a wife would buy on Etsy.

No offense, but the old one is way cooler. Looks like something a farmer would have made, whereas the new one looks like something a wife would buy on Etsy.

It doesn't hurt any less when you say "no offense"..Lots of offense taken....you have just ruined my Christmas :fuck-you:.

I agree, 80 years of patina is hard to beat.

The new one will look just like an old farmer cobbled it up though with the old oak 6x6's and 2x6's I'm planning on hanging it in out by the road in :lol:

And another one of both together for a side by side size comparison....

IMG_6990.JPG

Ordered my handrail back in March when i built another set of stairs for a neighbor down the road. I lumped it in with hers to save me some money on shipping. Finally got motivated today to work on it. Still have to glue all the bottoms of the baluster and nail the tops but everything is cut and fitting good.

IMG_8447.JPG

I occasionally clean up some beaded t & g that came out of the old addition to put on the ceiling in the attic room as well....not fun.

IMG_7949.JPG

Wife wanted closet organization for Christmas...so I got that knocked out today. Also put up all of the beaded T&G sometime in 2020 that I managed to clean up. Hopefully I can make a week to work on that again.....Legos are starting flow out of my son's room so the sooner I get it finished ,the better. The biggest thing I've managed to do is pay off what I had to borrow to get it to this point...which is a good feeling.:rockon:

Effect_20211221_180435.jpg

IMG_8744.JPG

Wife wanted closet organization for Christmas...so I got that knocked out today. Also put up all of the beaded T&G sometime in 2020 that I managed to clean up. Hopefully I can make a week to work on that again.....Legos are starting flow out of my son's room so the sooner I get it finished ,the better. The biggest thing I've managed to do is pay off what I had to borrow to get it to this point...which is a good feeling.:rockon:

View attachment 363758
View attachment 363768
Have you figured out which two of those 18 cubbies you are going to put all your clothes in?

Cleaned up the attic room to make a spot for my boys stopmotion lego movie he is making for a middle school application process. (Trying to convince him this mech needs to make an appearance in it). Also had some mud leftover from a job so I figured i could put a coat on....3 years is enough time in between coats right? šŸ˜… Also have a stack of 11 windows panes that I had to warranty out due to bad seals already....

20240127_165955.jpg

Back