1930's Farmhouse Rebuild - phase ll

I had to share this with the wife now that she's been over to your place.

On the upside, she wants an old farmhouse now. So if I can get one with enough land, I can get my buffalo ranch.

The downside is.... she wants an old farmhouse now.

:shaking:

Hahaha.....until then we can just fence in my land and get the herd started :bounce:

Don't tempt me, because I've already found a herd I want! I'm just not sure how to get them from California. :driver: Neither of my Jeeps can haul them!

And of course they are like, ten grand. So I gotta pick a bank to rob...

Small Buffalo Herd for Sale

494186182_59c554c23e4681_32539850.jpg

Don't tempt me, because I've already found a herd I want! I'm just not sure how to get them from California. :driver: Neither of my Jeeps can haul them!

Those were all over the place in Colorado. Make tasty burgers and steaks. And chili.

See what's for sale in Floyd county, VA. There are some herds somewhere in that area if I remember.

There are herds of good size In rutherfordton, and person. And a couple small herds in Haywood and Jackson county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally making some time to get back on it! Window sills were installed back in September and I finally got all the trim on them a few weeks ago. They turned out ok.....I think he was in a rush to get them done and I didn't get his best work. I've been painting windows and trim waiting on the floor guy to come by.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also decided to hang Sheetrock in the attic turned playroom. It's days like these you wish your 4 year old son was 14 and your wife was a body builder....only 20 sheets of 4x8 but two sets of stairs. Also it's a hip roof so no full pieces or square cuts.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Also watched one of my big pecan trees take a bow the other day during all the rain...

image.jpg

Finally making some time to get back on it! Window sills were installed back in September and I finally got all the trim on them a few weeks ago. They turned out ok.....I think he was in a rush to get them done and I didn't get his best work. I've been painting windows and trim waiting on the floor guy to come by.

View attachment 268815

View attachment 268816

View attachment 268820

Also decided to hang Sheetrock in the attic turned playroom. It's days like these you wish your 4 year old son was 14 and your wife was a body builder....only 20 sheets of 4x8 but two sets of stairs. Also it's a hip roof so no full pieces or square cuts.

View attachment 268817 View attachment 268818

View attachment 268819

Also watched one of my big pecan trees take a bow the other day during all the rain...

View attachment 268821
Stand that sucker back up!

I think that would require the services of an extra kamatsu dozer...you in?
Definitely, though I'd go the dozer/skidsteer approach. Get under it with the skidsteer to get it up to a higher angle, so that the dozer doesn't just rip the remaining roots out of the ground when you pull.

How do you like that sprayed roof deck? Everyone I've talked to says its the bees knees.

I'm just excited I was finally allowed past the entry/kitchen this past weekend for the first time! It's awesome. @ramjo and his wife are like the Chip/Joanna Gaines of Marion.

Shoot me a text if you'd like some help with the dry wall. We can be miserable together.

How do you like that sprayed roof deck? Everyone I've talked to says its the bees knees.

I like it. Haven't spent too much time up their since it's not finished yet but it defiantly doesn't feel like an attic up there now. I would say it's about 5 degrees warmer up there right now than the floor below When I don't run any AC.

Definitely, though I'd go the dozer/skidsteer approach. Get under it with the skidsteer to get it up to a higher angle, so that the dozer doesn't just rip the remaining roots out of the ground when you pull.

I think that picture is deceiving. That tree is probably 36" about 5' up where it forks off, then the limbs are probably 24" and 18". I would hate to be the guy in the bobcat. It has a nice bow too it as well....all the weight hanging on one side. It buried itself into the ground. My luck I would pull it back over into the house. Maybe we should just move that oak in your yard......

image.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up some oak lumber a few weeks ago and my father-in-law went to work on making stair treads an risers. He brought them down Tuesday and I started on them Wednesday. This was my first attempt at finishing out a staircase so it took me a while to get going.

13 treads, 14 risers, 1 skirt , 24 balusters and no extras

image.jpg

image.jpg

Skirt was mitered to match the way the stairs were built from the first floor...tough one to learn on. I had to borrow a left bevel skill skill saw from a friend since i do not have one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Floor guys got finished about 2 weeks ago so I've been painting, hanging doors, doing trim, painting more, and trying keep it somewhat clean.

Hopefully I'll get all my painting done and we can move the beds up here this weekend.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And just for giggles.....had to move the clawfoot out when they came to do the floors.

image.jpg

Well I finally got the tub off the roof and took it to get sandblasted. I did strip two of the feet with some Evaporust to see how it would work. It cleaned them up nice. I could get a whiff of vinegar/old lady perm every now and then from it.o_O

I want to leave it raw and clear over it but I'm afraid that's probably gonna get a "negative ghost rider."

IMG_4624.JPG

I went ahead and hit it with a wire cup to get the shine back to it. Anybody know how burnish it without it looking streaky? Courser wire cup? Random pattern? Don't worry about because your wife won't like it?

IMG_4630.JPG

Back