1930's Farmhouse Rebuild - phase ll

Yes it is......You know of good place for replacement parts? It needs a new track adjuster assembly....ask me how I know :shaking:
Komatsu dealer in charlotte (Linder equipment) has always had everything I needed. The track adjuster is just a grease gun powered hydraulic. Mine was leaking when I first got it. Rebuilt the seals and no issues since. You sure the whole thing needs to be replaced?

Komatsu dealer in charlotte (Linder equipment) has always had everything I needed. The track adjuster is just a grease gun powered hydraulic. Mine was leaking when I first got it. Rebuilt the seals and no issues since. You sure the whole thing needs to be replaced?

Maybe not the whole thing. The shaft that moves in/out is rusted up and pitted pretty bad so I'm pretty sure it's stuck.

Last edited:
Maybe not the whole thing. The shaft that moves in/out is rusted up and pitted pretty bad so I'm pretty sure it's stuck.
PM me your email and I'll send you a PDF service manual for it. It's not gonna fix the pitted shaft :lol: but will give you torque specs/adjustments/clearances/etc. Feel free to ask me any questions about the D21. Heck, you may already know more about them than I do, but I've had mine for over a decade, and its been a great machine.

PM me your email and I'll send you a PDF service manual for it. It's not gonna fix the pitted shaft :lol: but will give you torque specs/adjustments/clearances/etc. Feel free to ask me any questions about the D21. Heck, you may already know more about them than I do, but I've had mine for over a decade, and its been a great machine.

Sweet, You the man! Nah I'm clueless about it. All I know is I don't want to pop another track off...

Sweet, You the man! Nah I'm clueless about it. All I know is I don't want to pop another track off...
Ha, just saw this after PM'ing you. Replace the tensioner so it doesn't leak down, and you won't lose tracks as often :p
Ask me how I know
1004141711.jpg
1004141710.jpg

Last edited:
If the shaft on it is pitted you may be able to take it to a hydraulic shop for repair. They could always make a new one if necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If the shaft on it is pitted you may be able to take it to a hydraulic shop for repair. They could always make a new one if necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Here's a comparison of what they both look like...

KIMG0704.jpg

KIMG0703.jpg

Ha, just saw this after PM'ing you. Replace the tensioner so it doesn't leak down, and you won't lose tracks as often :people
Ask me how I know

I popped the track off about 20 feet from the side of hwy 221 ...luckily my uncle is well versed in the art of track installation with the help of a backhoe bucket.

@ramjo @jeepinmatt Y'all gotta stop taking your bulldozers off sweet jumps

No jumps for me...I was trying to Tokyo drift with it...

So my father-in-law whipped up some closet organization cabinet for my wife for her Christmas.....he probably got them done in Febuary or March and I've had them sitting around waiting on me to paint them and put them in.

I bought a Kobalt hvlp gun from Lowe's and some Sherwin Williams Cab Acrylic laquer to try my hand at finishing since it was in the closet. Could be better but I think it turned out ok for a first attempt.

Closet is about 13 x 4 with a pocket door in the middle.

It wasn't to bad when we first moved in but slowly worked it's way to this

KIMG0789.jpg

I've pretty much lived out of a cardboard box and a few drawers for my clothes for the past 2 years....and most of the pile above is my little boys.

Hard to get a good picture of all of it together....she will probably do some big dressing mirror deal in the middle. I think I'm gonna put some small crown molding around the top and I still have to put some base and shoe back. That will probably be after I get the upstairs finished because I have a feeling I won't get to it before it's piled back full again. Also afraid my stuff won't make it in and I'm still getting dressed out of my box :lol:.

KIMG0805.jpg

KIMG0804.jpg

KIMG0803.jpg

Shit, there are seven pair of shoes still in the boxes!

:flipoff2:

That's just the tip of the iceburg ;)....i don't know why she keeps the boxes but It does make it easier on me when I have to rotate out her seemingly endless supply of seasonal shoes.

Those are the seven "micro closets" all of his stuff goes in :D

3 pair of Dickies, a few t shirts, weeks supply of underwear and socks.....sounds about right.

Just prepping myself for a chance to be on "Tiny House Nation"

So I had an evening to myself a few days ago so I figured I so do something productive on the house. Last time I worked on patching the wood floors, I could tell my my new section was starting to gain some distance over the old section that I couldn't work out. The old floor is/looks tight but the pneumatic nailer is able to get it just a little bit tighter than hand nailing . So I decided to pull up a lot more than I had originally wanted and see what happens.

KIMG0870.jpg

I was able to work on it yesterday and get it back down except for a few if the last pieces. I ran out of bullets for my 15 gauge Dewalt.

KIMG0874.jpg

Ended up with same gap showing at the closet wall so that's always good....something must not be right :lol:

KIMG0873.jpg

There is also a spot at the door that has to be fixed because the new doors are wider and won't cover, and a spot under my right foot that squeaks pretty bad from water damage, so I'm might as well fix that while I'm there. Only this and and a 16" x 16" spot in another closet and the floors are ready for some professionals. (After I do the steps to the bonus room in the attic)

KIMG0877.jpg

Also picked this jewel up from my wife's assistant at school fo' free 99. Pretty sure it hasn't been ridden in quit a few years. Cleaned out the carb and rigged up a battery and it fired right up....nothing like the sound and feeling of 107 mL/4.8 kW of Chinese power at your fingertips :lol:. Initial test ride revealed that it has the suspension travel of a stroller and the vibration dampening abilities of a weedeater, but it was free and it beats walking around the property.

KIMG0878.jpg

I had a 250 dirtbike you pull the plastics and found Kawasaki makes on the motor

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Those chinese SOB's love trying to make you think its something else ;)

I'm still wondering what this has to do with a 1930's farmhouse rebuild :flipoff2:

Back