1998 TJ on Super Duty axles

We did get a call from Matt at Performance, he had said that he was given boxes of parts and that he thought it was missing some items and one of the heims the threads had some damage. We looked at the list of parts that he had told us on the phone and determined that it was basically the parts that would be needed for 1.25" uppers on a rear four link. He also let us know that he had extra heims spacers and bungs. After we dug into the orders that had been placed we noticed two things. One the orders had been placed almost six months ago and two the rear four link kit had been ordered with 7/8's heims and not 1 1/4" heims. We called Matt back and asked him if he was aware that the rear kit was ordered with 7/8's heims and not 1.25" heims and he said that he was not aware of that and that he thought that the kits were ordered with 1.25 upper and lowers.

So after six months we have no idea what has happened and how many times these parts have been moved around. The person that thought the boxes were missing parts actually did not have all the packing list.

Also where a shop does business has noting to do with how we do business.

I was just going off of what Matt had told me this past Saturday. Yes it has been about 6 months, the engine in my DD blew up so I had to put this on hold for a while.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Has a replacement for the heim that arrived with the damaged threads been sent? Or do you need me to call tomorrow?

bd147aa23541a5fbeb7bedaf078b6262.jpg
56dbffa3d45c4713bd9ad178aa2efae3.jpg
4a6c5b0a6a956dad18d98bcdf3f5d306.jpg

This is why I use performance, Matt found a way to use the truss and it looks great.

Not planning on selling it yet, but I am building it as funds allow... It is actually almost done... The only actual parts I am missing are brake lines, driveshafts, and wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got the tires mounted on the beadlocks, allied shorted me out of a ton of hardware...
8fe15d34b2157debc82dcdb64dcf2537.jpg

Get your valving and rates dialed in and sitting level you'll be steady to roll.:driver:

Yeah, it's sitting higher than I want right now, just have to play with it some.

Yeah, it's sitting higher than I want right now, just have to play with it some.

Maybe you should stop playing with it. That's what tends to make mine sit higher.

Damn...you beat me to it. No pun intended :D

Jeep is back home, working on the last couple pieces to finish it.
bfcaeacd766dd175293fa075a8be64f8.jpg

after sitting for a year and a half, it still runs!!!! same gas and everything!! just dropped a red top optima in it and it fired right up.

just got done ordering the driveshafts, almost done

electric fan is installed, brake lines ran. Turns out one of the calipers is seized got another one waiting on me at orileys. Jeep should be running and driving by next weekend!

Last edited:
Back