20 years of Nc4x4?

I’m pretty sure it was around in 2000 may have started before that.

i suppose i should ammend the subject to read "Two decades of NC4x4"

Wow I'd forgotten about the sponsorship rule. What that maybe for underage members or something?

I joined up somewhere in 2002 IIRC, thanks to talking to @Caver Dave who had randomly showed up on the old OffRoad.com Toyota board to ask about axles or springs or something, found out he was a local guy and he mentioned this. I remember the NCTTORA site too, hadn't even thought about it in many years.

I just recall someone getting butt hurt because someone else posted a picture of their rig flexing on a tree, a long, long time ago.
The two old ones that stick out to me is the most is the spat over the 401 engine.Somebody sold somebody else a 401 and for whatever reason it turned into a pissing contest.The other one is when was a guy wanted to open an off road park and was looking for big rocks iirc,

Wow I'd forgotten about the sponsorship rule. What that maybe for underage members or something?

I joined up somewhere in 2002 IIRC, thanks to talking to @Caver Dave who had randomly showed up on the old OffRoad.com Toyota board to ask about axles or springs or something, found out he was a local guy and he mentioned this. I remember the NCTTORA site too, hadn't even thought about it in many years.
In 2005 I was a senior in high school, so 17-18? So maybe an age thing?? My gf at the time (later to become wife, then ex wife lol) her cousin had become a decent member and told me of the site

The two old ones that stick out to me is the most is the spat over the 401 engine.Somebody sold somebody else a 401 and for whatever reason it turned into a pissing contest.The other one is when was a guy wanted to open an off road park and was looking for big rocks iirc,
No limit Offroad? I think I remember they were looking for rocks for a a rock pile YEARS ago in the Harrisburg area, IIRC there was a big controversy over them packing up and leaving almost over night?? I don’t recall them being “fan favorites” in the area....could be wrong on all accounts though

I was here when Mikey owned it. A few people commented at the Web Wheelers event that it was the first time the site ever had a meet n greet or anything, but I remember going to Rich Q's house in Holly Springs for a meet and greet and Rob's house in Sanford for one or two in the early 00's.

Duane

i forgot all about the sponsorship thing. i cant even remember who sponsored me.

or.... was i before the sponsor was required and i sponsored someone else? so long ago...so many bumps to the head.
I needed a sponsor in August, unless they were over with by the time you came along in December? It wasn’t incredibly difficult to get a sponsor I don’t believe, thankfully a member took a chance on me and allowed me to become an active member

No limit Offroad? I think I remember they were looking for rocks for a a rock pile YEARS ago in the Harrisburg area, IIRC there was a big controversy over them packing up and leaving almost over night?? I don’t recall them being “fan favorites” in the area....could be wrong on all accounts though
yeah maybe.

It wasn’t incredibly difficult to get a sponsor I don’t believe, thankfully a member took a chance on me and allowed me to become an active member
yeah for awhile there was a funny thing that'd happen where a newbie would post up in GCC "How do I get a sponsor?" or "Why can't I post in for Sale" and people would rib them a little bit, and ask them a bunch of questions about the site... it sort of required showing they'd spent some time readin gand diggin garound a little... sometimes called "the Test". Ocasionally they'd get all butthurt and flame up, then run off, but most took it well and somebody would vouch as a sponsor.
For osme reason I particularly remember @Macdaddy4738 when he showed up like that asking about Jeeps, ended up getting a rusty-ass TJ or something..

EDIT: here's an example
Sponsorship

Oh even better
anyone

PS... I miss @Chuckwut

What ever happened to Beas stInc. ?

The guy that was always starting an off-road park was doughboy2500hd or something like that.

No limit Offroad was nick nelson (u4) and Owen?

From what I remember nick packed up and moved to Vegas right after the first 4x4cross event at Uwharrie.

They did have a small rock pile at their shop, but doughboy was the one that always had controversy haha.

The guy that was always starting an off-road park was doughboy2500hd or something like that.

No limit Offroad was nick nelson (u4) and Owen?

From what I remember nick packed up and moved to Vegas right after the first 4x4cross event at Uwharrie.

They did have a small rock pile at their shop, but doughboy was the one that always had controversy haha.
I remember the doughboy name but can’t recall the controversy there....I do vaguely recall the no limit guys being from the west coast and not digging what we have to offer over here on the East and packing up to head back west. Owen sounds familiar, I remember going to an event at Galloways, needing a hat to shield my bald head from the sun, and well, an oversized, flat billed no limit hat was all there was to choose from....yeah I still have it, and it’s still too big and dumb

I needed a sponsor in August, unless they were over with by the time you came along in December? It wasn’t incredibly difficult to get a sponsor I don’t believe, thankfully a member took a chance on me and allowed me to become an active member
It was definitely an age requirement. Since I knew nobody on the board "IRL" (era appropriate abbreviation) I figured there was an easy way around that.

When I joined I needed a sponsor. What sort of communist BS is that anyways. I remember when people would get banned all of the time for that :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I joined I needed a sponsor. What sort of communist BS is that anyways. I remember when people would get banned all of the time for that :D

You had to have a sponsor because you were a youngin! :flipoff2:

I was on the old site back when Rob and Rich were the swinging dicks in 2002ish

Still friends with Rich. Actually threw my motorcycle off a mountain while riding with Rich

The rock controversy lolol. That one was awesome.

I sponsored quite a few people and have no clue who they were or are to this day.

Chuckwut. Years ago after all of nc4x4 went to bed we were on all night (night shift) and just started conversing via PM. Met the guy years later when I transferred to the hospital where he worked. Good dude.

RickyB stands out as having interesting things to say even though his obsession was his caddy powered CJ. Did that ever get built?

I was on the old site back when Rob and Rich were the swinging dicks in 2002ish

Still friends with Rich. Actually threw my motorcycle off a mountain while riding with Rich
For some reason I can remember when you first joined the site. At least I think it was you... but I'm 99% sure it's your old stories that I remember.

I vaguely remember someone getting all butthurt that @farmboy wasn’t old enough to be on the website without a sponsor when there was an age restriction because he and his bro used the same login. :lol: Proof people been getting bent out of shape about shit that has no real effect on them for years.

Man i had forgotten about that. I was probably 14-16 years old, so that 2003-05.

I was briefly banned but Rob brought me back, mainly because i had an FJ40 :lol:

You had to have a sponsor because you were a youngin! :flipoff2:

Ha. Back then you didn’t even have kids yet!

I remember everyone on the board thought I was asking for like off-road parts sponsorships. Not someone to vouch for me so I could be a member of the forum :flipoff2:

Ha. Back then you didn’t even have kids yet!

I remember everyone on the board thought I was asking for like off-road parts sponsorships. Not someone to vouch for me so I could be a member of the forum :flipoff2:

yup, back when the wife and I were dinks and I had the extra cash to get into this stupid hobby

Back