52x again.

Will may be out::::

9:48
[Comment From Saylo]
I just got a text from the co-driver of 52x that said they are probably out for good.

Eating at a truck stop in AZ here...

We were out at 4.5 with a busted hydro return line. We lost our tool bad at the start so all I had was a flat head screw driver to work with. As Josh (codog) ran back to pits (nice 5 mile round trip jog) I managed to reroute the lines to bypass the cooler with my flat head screwdriver and started back towards Josh who was on the way back with fluids. We filled up and took off about an hour and a half behind.
Lost brakes due to a wobly brand new unit bearing at about RM45 and had to limp in the next 30 miles at grandma cruising speed. Fixed the unit bearing and was on the way to finish about 25th or so when the alternator gave up at RM 118 at the last hard obstacle. Wached our finish die on the voltmeter.

This car is twice as fast as the old car...

Im guessing the Triple Bypasses and CO's handle the bumps and speed much better than the Cloud O Tittay ORI's.

Hate yall ran into the bad luck but one hell of an effort. Now you have a year to shakedown what seems to be a good car.

Well sorry to hear about all the issues.. atleast no you can address the issues and go kick ass in XRRA and other events :)

Told ya that unit bearing would hold! :huggy: :flipoff2:

Honestly guys, cant believe how fast this thing was right out of the box. The C/O's and Tripple bypasses worked amazing out of the box and it was hard climbing out and trying to keep up in my junk with 2.0/2.5 C/O's all the way around.

Nope, the guys turned a few threads on the rear bypasses and let it run.

another pic

attachment.php

Honestly, after watching all the other cars throughout the week, (and i had a lot of extra time in the pits to watch cars go by:rolleyes:) we had "one of the fastest" out there. We got taken out of the race by things that no one plans on. Oh well....thats racing! I will try and get some more picks up here later tonight.

We saw it sitting in the Tech line. It looks really good. Also had a guy named Josh come through camp one night passing out koozies and promising bbq and free beer. Never caught up with you guys for that, though.

Back