6.0 tunes

SOOOOOOOO it appears my EGR cooler took a dump today.No power,CEL is on,empty degas bottle and steam out the exhaust,and no oil in water.Didnt get hot so I don't think I wounded it.Happened about a mile from the house was able to coast the end of the driveway since it was mostly down hill.Got the tractor and pulled it in.I haven't pulled the EGR valve yet to check but I feel pretty certain its the cooler.A couple of weeks ago I went to Wilmington to get some parts and came back thru Burlington to pick up an Chief.EOT and ECT were about 30 degrees apart but did'nt sweat it too since the ECT was about 190 degrees.Got hotter coming up fancy gap but I pulled over to let it off and came on home w no issues.Took it last week to have it put on a scanner to really see what was goin on and sure enuf it needs a cooler and a thermostat both(ECT runs 180 ish at speed).Was gonna weld the EGR cooler while I was in it anyway just gonna have to do it sooner than I had anticipated.

With all that said do I still need to try and flush the system/block before I change the cooler??? I'm not wanting to restart it before I get the coolers changed and I know not to do a flush w a new cooler.Do I need to go ahead and drain the coolant to keep it from back up in the cylinders,or will it??? Truck has 126K on it now.

Too late for a flush and fill, it needs a oil cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back