76 ford f150 spinecrusher tons 42"s longarms 4-linked

zombhntr

powered by hate and dinosaurs
Im doing a backdated build thread on my truck I collected parts over a two year period and then built it in about 45 days with alot of help from a few good friends during this time I put in mostly 12-16 hour days In thrash fest so enjoy
specs
76 f150 351m c6 twin stick 205
79 Dana 60 arb chromoly shafts spicer joints 5.38 gears
14bolt mini spool disc brake conversion 5.38 gears
James duff longarms for 79 bronco with 6" lift kit from bronco graveyard
rear is custom single triangulated four link with zj coils 04 f250 shocks
York compressor on board air
135 amp alternator welder

The truck was completely stock when I got it and on really good shape it sat in a guys yard for four years after parked it because it had a (weird rattle) sound and he had been trying to get it to run for a couple months to sell it but it just wouldn't run so I handed him cash and 3hours later a new fuel pump fresh battery fuel filters fresh gas I cranked it up and drove it home mostly my buddy kyle towed it the last few miles after all the junk in the carb finally killed it.so my friend Tim rebuilt the carb and i drove it around the yard for a couple week to make sure it had no major issues then surgery began
SSPX0289.jpg

Some early design ideas that's my buddy kyle humping old ford junk
SSPX0220.jpg

SSPX0221.jpg
SSPX0222.jpg

So fastforward a year I spent 9months of in Afghanistan dodging landmines dreaming of coming home to my wifey and building this junk we started by building bothaxles sorry no pics then installing the front suspension View attachment 41192

I cut 3' off the frame my original plan was to run 105" wheelbase with no over hang past the tires but after Tim ran 108"wb on a very similar truck with less than great results we settled on 115"wb.this is the 2x6x.250 wall square crossmember we fabricated for the upper link mounts
IMAG0013.jpg

As you can see the crossmember is as far forward as possible we built the suspension based on measurements taken off the frame and expected ride height then Tim put it all in a link calculator and tweaked it for few days the thing to remember is the link calculator is best case and you get it as close as you can
IMAG0014.jpg

H1's with rockrings I bought off a member on here (brooks is a good guy to deal with )I cleaned them up and put new centers in tack them in place and had youngs welding in fayettville weld them up then I painted them up
IMAG0066.jpg
IMAG0067.jpg
IMAG0067.jpg

Mounted up the 42" irocks with cut mag centers p.s.don't use an electric angle grinder on magnesium runflats magnesium is flammable trust me I didn't think the grinder would ignite the dust I was way wrong and could have died alone in my shop at 4am while my wife slept 50yards away
IMAG0071.jpg
IMAG0071.jpg

This the shop im working in I had space but I had only been collecting tools a short time so my selection was limited
IMAG0072.jpg
IMAG0073.jpg
IMAG0074.jpg

This is the 351m with a mix of custom and factory brackets its got a bronco serpentine pulley turning two 135 amp ford externally regulated alternators one is primary charging the other is welder and backup charging if the primary dies I can swap the connector and keep on trucking. On the driver side of the motor is a Saginaw pump and York ac compressor for on board air
IMAG0077.jpg

I painted the valve covers and some other motor trinkets don't worry the carb didn't stay long mostly I left it on to keep junk out of the intake
IMAG0080.jpg

Can't beat a good ole 205
IMAG0079.jpg

Fresh rebuilt 14bolt 5.38 gears mini spool stock shafts pinion guard heavy duty diff cover the disk conversion uses chevy front components the brackets are supposed to be bolt on but my particular axle required we weld them on due to the fact I had the wrong drums style
IMAG0081.jpg

So I took a sawzall to the huge lip that hangs off the bottom of a 14b.then I got all out of hand smoothing it out blending edges just trying to make it resemble less of an anchor.then I shot it with some sweet black an blue paint
IMAG0098.jpg
IMAG0099.jpg
IMAG0100.jpg
IMAG0101.jpg
IMAG0102.jpg

So was waiting on my build crew to finish up a couple of our groups other projects and parts from ballistic who would have thought waiting on bf I guess I need to make some progress so I painted a bunch of junk
IMAG0119.jpg
IMAG0120.jpg
IMAG0121.jpg
IMAG0122.jpg

This is the 2x6 box we built to replace my excess removal of frame after the wheel base change
IMAG0123.jpg

The cab was in pretty good shape for a 76
IMAG0125.jpg
IMAG0127.jpg

Thanks man the truck is running driving wheeling rig I built it last year in febuary-march its been to ure 5 times so far post all the build pics over the next couple days until I get to its current state

Kyle is 5'7 and the truck is at ride height we built it at ride height because im a cheater and my friend has the same truck already built the except it wasn't four linked at the time but I was working witha clean slate in the rear with very little restriction on component placement
IMAG0134.jpg

Upper link mounts premade welded into the crossmember
IMAG0135.jpg
IMAG0136.jpg
IMAG0137.jpg

Back