8/21/2010 Triad Meet & Greet # 3

Which location would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Kville, but I'm good to drive out that way. If the RTI ramp comes i'll bring the jeep if not I'll probably bring the bike.

I voted for Kville, but I'm good to drive out that way. If the RTI ramp comes i'll bring the jeep if not I'll probably bring the bike.

alright, I will PM Campbell and see if he is at all interested.

Talked to Campbell, he has plans next few weekends and won't be able to make it, so I figure maybe someone else owns an RTI ramp or possibly feels like making one for the event Lol.

He says the next meet he may be able to make it, but I figure an RTI ramp is out of the works for the moment unless someone decides to build one.

i say we just drive up on each others tires, lol jk

come one guys, lets get this thing going, this needs to turn into a good crowd!

Works for me, but I won't be bringing my xj this time, still having problems with it.

View attachment 109714

My jeep, my bros is the one I am driven up on, we will probably be in that.

haha nice. i think i saw yours on Craigslist one time?

Probably, I posted it for shits and grins once, felt bad cuz I honestly never really got back to anyone about it. Just didn't have time to work on it with having to go to a buddies house and working nites at the same time, but at the same time realized why I hate jeeps. Fix one thing, another goes. Going back to GM after this jeep, or going with a little jeep.
Actually had good offers on it, but wasnt really motivated to sell it at the time.

where is the car show? what kind of cars?
I'm not fan of Hooters food either but the view :D We really need a Bikini's sports grill in the triad area. If you guys are ever down in Charlotte check it out.
I should be there the 21st where ever it is at.
X2

come on folks, need some more people to come out. this could really be a great meet if enough people were interested

I have gotten a few messages from folks requesting a lunch time meet for work reasons.

11 am to 1 pmish, somewhere in there.

Would there be interest in this for sometime further down the road?

i could do this, working late at night its hard for me to get up at a desent hour on saturdays, which takes away a lot of good time, i would force myself to get up for something like this and then have the whole day to do what ever, instead of waking up around 1 or 2

Yeah, wouldn't be this time around but the next one probably. Just trying to be as flexible as possible to allow as many as possible to come out.

I feel you though, when I was working nights I fortunately got weekends off mostly, but I would get off at 7, get home by 7:30 and stay up til 2ish some days to knock out the yardwork and such at a reasonable hour. Sucks but sometimes ya just gotta do it.

yeah when i got this job it was 3rd shift, which i loved. Sunday thru thursday 10pm to 6am. then times got hard and they laid off all of 3rd and moved me to 2nd shift and made me the manager. i hate this shift, 5pm to 130am monday to friday. i still sleep as if i were on 3rd, not going to bed till 5ish and getting up at the last minute before being at work. they are bringing back 3rd though in 3 weeks, found out today and its the best news ive had all year!!

anyway im with you on these meets, id like to see them turn into something big. we cant always hit the trail as much as we'd like, but we should be able to get together and have a good time swapping stories and stuff.

Pretty much, went wheeling tonight, crossed a creek, I lost a shoe, fortunately a buddy caught it before the current took it down. Slung the rear shaft, u joint was shot. Pulled it, drove outta the trail and all the way home in 4 high running hazards doing maybe 30.

Good times lol. I loved 3rd, nice though, where I was working they laid of 5th shift, then 4th, then 3rd, was no way to avoid the layoff, they laid off just short of half there employees. Exactly tough, whatever I can do to meet new people with similar interests, I will go out of my way to do.

Meet will be at Greensboro Hams, at 6 PM.

3017 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27403-3655

Address for GPS

Hope to see everyone there.

im in if i get my new transfer case in or not

im down and should have 4 or more people with me. look for the biggest Pwerstroke you ever seen in your life....lol

im down and should have 4 or more people with me. look for the biggest Pwerstroke you ever seen in your life....lol

Unless your rocking the F550 from ciener woods back in 08, I gotta say that won't happen.

Lol, he was running 49s.

We will probably be in a Blue XJ on 33's, 76 GMC (Papa Smurf will be with us) and probably a few others.

So far...

Myself (Eric)
My bro (Marc, hes on here but I have no clue of his forum name)
76GMC (Alex)
Robert (Not on here)

Probably a few others.

Bring the Banjo, show Tkob your skills.

I am gonna talk to alot of friends, most of which are not on the forum, and see if I can't get a bigger turn out.

Im not really familiar with the Hams on Highpoint rd, so I just want an idea of how the parking lay out is, as well as inside or if they have an outdoor area for eating. If I don't hear from anyone I will probably cruise up there friday and scope it out.

Unless your rocking the F550 from ciener woods back in 08, I gotta say that won't happen.

Lol, he was running 49s.

We will probably be in a Blue XJ on 33's, 76 GMC (Papa Smurf will be with us) and probably a few others.

So far...

Myself (Eric)
My bro (Marc, hes on here but I have no clue of his forum name)
76GMC (Alex)
Robert (Not on here)

Probably a few others.

well i tend to exagerate his truck a little bit, but it is one of the nicest i seen, its got 38s with 24" rims and it looks really good, its just a mall crawler/tow rig though. at this point i have 5 with me.

Back