8/21/2010 Triad Meet & Greet # 3

Which location would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i tend to exagerate his truck a little bit, but it is one of the nicest i seen, its got 38s with 24" rims and it looks really good, its just a mall crawler/tow rig though. at this point i have 5 with me.
Sounds like Ive probably seen it outside KC Extreme Machines, used to ride up there for parts all the time. Always some big powerchokes sitting out front. :flipoff2:
Cool though, this sounds like the one to be at for those of you debating coming out. Especially if Altoids brings the Kraken out.
PM me for more info, closer to the end of the week I will post up my cell number for any questions of anything.

yep thats exactly it, they are the ones who done the truck.
yeah i really hope to see the Kraken! and im excited to finally make it to one, and put a face with people i talk to a lot on here.

Kevin has done alot of Nice superdutys, thought about asking him about hosting a meet at his shop, but just haven't got around to it and figure restaurants are just fine for now.

What are yall gonna be driving, or all coming in the Lifted SD?

kevins super duty is pretty sweet i saw it when i bought the axle from him....as for bringin the banjo i highly doubt that i will, its gonna be hot and u know im not leavin that thing any where outta my sight...lol

my buddy who owns it is coming, doubt ill ride with him cause its out of the way for him to come pick me up. i think we are gonna meet up at Hams, unless he ends up chillin at my house before hand. if i can get the radiator fixed and put back in my buddys XJ that he keeps at my house me and him will be in that.

kevins super duty is pretty sweet i saw it when i bought the axle from him....as for bringin the banjo i highly doubt that i will, its gonna be hot and u know im not leavin that thing any where outta my sight...lol

We are talking about a different kevin, the kevin your talking about is Campbell08 on the forums, Im talking about Kevin King, guy who owns KC Extreme Machines in greensboro

Lol yeah I know how you are with the Banjo, didn't you use to have a crappy one that you brought out to robertsons?

@ green

Sounds good, do you need a radiator for it or are you just trying to repair the one hes got? I got one for my bros jeep off here for a killer deal a few months back.

nah this one actually blew out the whole passenger side and cant be repaired, ill bring it with me to the meet and tell that great story! a buddy of mine has one he said i can have it just has a small hole it it from where the motor mount broke and the fan got into it a little bit. i just need to find a good repair shop in G-boro that will fix it and clean it up good. any leads?

nah this one actually blew out the whole passenger side and cant be repaired, ill bring it with me to the meet and tell that great story! a buddy of mine has one he said i can have it just has a small hole it it from where the motor mount broke and the fan got into it a little bit. i just need to find a good repair shop in G-boro that will fix it and clean it up good. any leads?

Not sure how much it would cost to have it repaired, but I know you could buy one used for a good deal. I think I got mine for 40 bucks. What year XJ is it? Open system or closed?

94 and im new to working on jeeps so i have no idea about open/closed. has an auto tranny though.

Should be open, have a radiator cap on the radiator not the stupid resivour system.
I will ask a few friends if any of them have a good one laying around. Closed system were from 87-90 I think.

Yeah it has a cap on the radiator. We wired up dual fans but forgot to turn them on wheeling behind my house the other night. Alcohol may have been a factor in that...lol

Yeah it has a cap on the radiator. We wired up dual fans but forgot to turn them on wheeling behind my house the other night. Alcohol may have been a factor in that...lol

I feel ya, I got stories galore, but most are probably best for in person. Look forward to it.

This past weekend
brothers XJ has a shattered driver window from a tight trail, B pillar took a good hit and window shattered. Also slung the rear shaft, Yoke from the axle broke. Were in a buddys YJ stuck, getting pulled out, rear hook breaks off, hook again, the whole bumper except a small bit of spot welds comes off, shove that in the back of the YJ and keep on truckin. I don't think any other breakage this past weekend though.

im coming with my girl and bring a buddy or 2 with me just hope no rain bec i need to get my carpet out my jeep for some rhinoline

Damn, this thread has been hijacked like, 10 times. :D

I should be able to make it. It is this coming Saturday, right? And its 6pm, the time sint going to change, right?

yeah my bad for the hi jacking, me and XJ always get off track talking bout some other stuff...lol

Time will not be changing, everyones welcome, but I figure I should ask again does anyone know the layout at the Hams?
Do they have an outdoor eating area? How big is the parking lot? Any and all info would be good and save me from having to go up there and look around.

Thanks.

This Saturday at 6 PM

Hams on Highpoint Rd

i have never actually been there. the parking lot is not as big as id like it to be, i drove by it last sunday and noticed it. but there may be additional parking behind it. ill see if i can look up the lay out on line. i hope they have enough room for all of us.

Its a pretty small parking lot. There is parking in the back but its dark back there, then again the meet is at 6. parking in the front is tight, there are two rows of spaces and they are hard to get in and out of without doing a 3 pt turn. I dont remember seeing an outdoor patio area but it is pretty big inside, they have a bar on one side and booths/tables on another side. I cant see there being any way to use a RTI ramp in the lot but there is plenty of room for everyone inside.

I know its already been decided, but the hams in high point on wendover shares a parking lot with a movie theater and other stores in a shopping center so parking is endless, there is TONS of room. They also have an outdoor patio, bigger bar and pool tables, unlike the one in Greensboro. It is amost twice as big as the hams in Greensboro. Remember, Im talking about the one on wendover ave in the palladium commons, NOT the one on main street.

Yeah, we are capable of switching locations but only with a good bit of notice.

I have been to the Hams at the Palladium, very cool place.

I figure this time around we will either be parking lot bound or inside, we will make it work this time and then plan a different place next time. Kernersville has been great so far, but I figured we would switch it up this time. Next meet maybe the Palladium.

that sounds like a good place, maybe we can hold the next one there. already had 2 in K-ville this will be G-boros first, then we can keep the rotation going and have the next one in HP

Im gona try to get there at 5:45 so I can put about 8 beers back before the rest of yall get there.

That good, that way when I get there you can tell me what the specials are, 2 meets ago it was 1.50 mugs, last meet it was $1 budwiesers, maybe this time itll be 50 cent drafts

Back