8/21/2010 Triad Meet & Greet # 3

Which location would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Won't be for this meet, but for one in the future possibly. I have never been to that location though, does it have a large parking area? Outdoor Patio area?

There is also the Hams on Battleground in Greensboro (Hams seems to be everywhere) but I know they have tons of parking and a big patio area also.

I figure if we get enough options, we can set up a regular rotation.

im meeting up with Nissan11 to get the beers flowing! lol
and ill have a cold beer waiting for XJ:beer:
are the old meet threads still up? i owe someone a beer for offering me a ride last time but cant remember who

That would be Tireburner Im pretty sure.

I guess if you guys get there early try to park around back, or wherever there are a grouping of spaces so we can try to be somewhat seperate from everyone else. I have a feeling this will be a big turnout. Seems to have alot of interest. Though unfortunately a few of the guys who were initially interested no longer seem to be.

i think your right, Tireburner if your on here and your coming i aint forgot. whats a rough estimate of how many are coming? i got 7 with me now.

I'm coming. I don't recall the owing of beer. But hey I'll take one!

Damn, this thread has been hijacked like, 10 times. :D

this threads turned into a chat room :lol:

small parking lots, gonna suck not being able to see our vehicles also if we park in the back

Hey when football season starts we should have one at JP Looney's, college football rules :bounce2:

Well, 76GMC just bailed, I swear hes just stalling, talked all that good shit about his truck runnin circles around most the guys we wheel with, but hasn't came out once and keeps bailing haha. Thats right Alex, prove me wrong. ;)

Tireburner has been to all the meets so far, so Im confident he will be there.
Tkob also has been to all the meets thus far, so Im confident he will be there.
95GranZJ made the last meet, and says he will be making this one.
Myself and My bro have made them all, and will have atleast 1 or 2 people with us
DogDog130 initially organized the meet, so I believe he will make it, and says he will have 2-3 people with him.
FlexIncRunner says he should be coming, so Id say 50/50 until I hear for sure
98xjjeep says he and friends may be coming, so I will say 50/50 until I hear for sure
Nissan11 should be coming out, fairly confident he will make it.
Altoids said he will be coming, but because its hard to tell his rig's progress I will say 50/50 until I hear for sure.

Plus whoever you have coming, and I am still trying to convince a few friends, but as Ive said many are unreliable or just have other things going on.

Well, 76GMC just bailed, I swear hes just stalling, talked all that good shit about his truck runnin circles around most the guys we wheel with, but hasn't came out once and keeps bailing haha. Thats right Alex, prove me wrong. ;).

i gotta family thing to do dick weed but im gonna try...

Oh come on Alex, no need for name calling, you know Im just giving you shit because I want you to come out. I can't imagine drinking without having your goofy ass playing GNR or something on the guitar behind your head lol. Talk to your pops, tell him its a paying gig, Ill chip in a few bucks for ya.

lmao...i wanna come out to but i dont know if il be able to....my grandma will be pissed if i dont show up at that family thing..

oo btw, do these meets just have to be at hams or what? theres all kinds of bars and restaraunts in the triad area but no....hams...lets meet at mcdonalds next time....lol

Well, 76GMC just bailed, I swear hes just stalling, talked all that good shit about his truck runnin circles around most the guys we wheel with, but hasn't came out once and keeps bailing haha. Thats right Alex, prove me wrong. ;)

he's not bringing the banjo so who cares :lol:

lmao...i wanna come out to but i dont know if il be able to....my grandma will be pissed if i dont show up at that family thing..

bring grandma :beer::lol:

oo btw, do these meets just have to be at hams or what? theres all kinds of bars and restaraunts in the triad area but no....hams...lets meet at mcdonalds next time....lol

yeah someone is stuck on hams around here:lol:, thought I really do like the Kville one. I think the next one we need to do at sports bar like JP's, it will be football season.

@ Alex

Hams are everywhere... They serve beer, decent food, decent prices, normally god awful service. Can't explain it either. I am open to anywhere, Rio Grande is on my list for a place also, 99 cent Dos Equis pints, $2 dos equis 32 oz.

You came last time, was a great time, but that wasn't 4x4 related.

@ Tkob, Looneys sounds great to me, which one are you thinking? I only know of the Highpoint, Spring Garden, and the Oakridge locations. Im a big steelers fan so football season is right up my alley.

@ Tkob, Looneys sounds great to me, which one are you thinking? I only know of the Highpoint, Spring Garden, and the Oakridge locations. Im a big steelers fan so football season is right up my alley.

I've only been to the Oak Ridge one which is the nicest one I think, I think Spring gardens parking lot is small if I remember right. High point location isn't bad.

I've only been to the Oak Ridge one which is the nicest one I think, I think Spring gardens parking lot is small if I remember right. High point location isn't bad.

The oakridge location is great, outdoor patio WITH TVs, good bar, good grub, not as cheap as Hams though.

Spring Garden I try to avoid, and Ive never been to highpoint.

I am up for whatever location everyone wants in the area, but Oakridge Looneys would be great if we could get folks interested.

Looneys in Oakridge is very nice! used to ride the bike out there a lot, but damn its out there. it would be worth the drive though since its so nice.

what about a cruise to the other hams we all meet there drive to the other one def if we will have the ramp i mean just a idea

I think that is a great idea, especially if someone wants to bring a ramp. If someone is bringing a ramp, Ill bring along my expensive camera.

The guy on here who initially offered to bring the ramp isn't coming out this weekend, so there will be no RTI ramp unless someone else has one.
Id rather not do a cruise, I like to get somewhere, sit down, order a beer, some food, and relax and bullshit. People already are less into driving to the meets than I would like, why have them drive twice in one day.

Just my thoughts for now.

i agree. while it would be cool to see 15+ rigs in a line going down the highway, its like pulling teeth trying to get some people to come at all.

if i cant make it too this one im definitely coming without a doubt 100% positive to the next one and i see ive been called out and i have to bring the banjo now...lol

Sounds good, you guys think I should call Hams ahead of time and let them know we will be coming. I only called Hams in kernersville the first time, and they forgot about the reservation anyway.

Back