88 XJ..." The Abomination"

I always thought they sent the dummies out to get shot first.
so did I and sad part is...I signed up for it..surprised? I was ready to go anywhere and everywhere. I tried to get stationed at the DMZ in Korea but they wouldn't let me....at least there they had live rounds being exchanged every so often

so did I and sad part is...I signed up for it..surprised? I was ready to go anywhere and everywhere. I tried to get stationed at the DMZ in Korea but they wouldn't let me....at least there they had live rounds being exchanged every so often

This is like reading Forest Gump at full retard.

:confused:

@shawn u should change the name of this board to NC4XFULLER, cause that's all I see
hey not fair and not my fault people didn't want to keep things in just one thread so i tried to be respectful but was told nobody cared

ok my welds are on the other "rollcage thread"..go and check em out...i'm sure there's a lot of bashing awaiting me...

hey not fair and not my fault people didn't want to keep things in just one thread so i tried to be respectful but was told nobody cared
FB_IMG_1457048082656.jpg

Installed a full Chevy leaf pack using the main leaf off the XJ and netted me right at 7"lift with ok flex i guess...need to redo my shackles I think but nice to have a good strong arch back in my rear leafs....front track bar is limiting some but still ok for the setup...it wasn't that bad unstable for tire off the ground a foot or so lol
is the shackle what needs to be extended or move the shackle box forward and down to get more droop without adding more lift??? little help on that rear to get more flex or is that the best it will get with thicker chevy leafs
Ramp flex rear tire off.jpg
Ramp flex best yet.jpg

What size are those thornturds?

I like to cut groove strips in my main leafs for waaay improved flex.
You will think I am shitting you but I am not.

Is that poop pipe welded to your abortion? Does it stink like it looks?

Is that poop pipe welded to your abortion? Does it stink like it looks?
you should know me by now that everything gets welded on my jeep lol. I'm too lazy on my build to make bolt holes, tapping and drilling...weld and go plus it's a constant practice at welding is how i figured it long ago.
It was actually the first thing I did with my plasma cutter when I got it...cutting half circles in the 2x2 was good practice and they work lot better than one would think.

oh yeah, having to put hold on doubler since my rear driveshaft would only be rougly 12" long and the front well....really long.
probably dumb question but that is too short for rear right? even with double-carden joint on one end? figured it was so i cancelled even attempting to go further with it after i took measurements with both under it. bummer. gonna have to rethink the whole twin case setup unless i stretch the wheelbase all the way back

I thought you have put several doublers on XJ's, don't you have the magic formula to doing them now? You said you didn't need any advise on it.

Your "flex" picture of the jeep with the passenger rear tire a foot off the ground shows nothing.

I thought you have put several doublers on XJ's, don't you have the magic formula to doing them now? You said you didn't need any advise on it.

Your "flex" picture of the jeep with the passenger rear tire a foot off the ground shows nothing.
I've done one and it was with the proper kit and put together by a professional...now I was wanting to do it without the 600 kit but don't have the drivetrain length for that setup..
this is what I'm wanting to do
homemade doubler.jpg

but wheelbase isn't gonna work unless I extend it which is not in my build plans anytime soon..
and the picture i just thought it was cool wasn't trying to prove anything.

so I've shed some weight off the Jeep as you guys have mentioned....took off all my chains lol (120lb easy), full spare (120lbish), and YES i cut off those "poop pipe" armor...probably close to 400lb lighter now.
I've always wheeled xjs with weight added to them so figured wouldn't hurt to try the lighter weight version. I think I will lose the windows eventually as i've heard they add good weight, maybe replace with real thin plexy glass just for keeping seats protected and to keep the wife dry:D. the doors are stupid heavy and probably gonna cut everything off them and just keep the sheet metal with hinges too. back bumper will probably go to since at the park, do not seem to really have use for bumper...especially one this bulky and heavy.

Installed a full Chevy leaf pack using the main leaf off the XJ and netted me right at 7"lift with ok flex i guess...need to redo my shackles I think but nice to have a good strong arch back in my rear leafs....front track bar is limiting some but still ok for the setup...it wasn't that bad unstable for tire off the ground a foot or so lol
is the shackle what needs to be extended or move the shackle box forward and down to get more droop without adding more lift??? little help on that rear to get more flex or is that the best it will get with thicker chevy leafs
View attachment 212898 View attachment 212899

To get more droop out of chevy springs you need the main leaf. Only real benefit of them is the length..

if you remove the rear bumper, I would make sure you have anchor points attached to the front and back of the jeep... you know, incase you need to pull someone out. o_O

I would suggest leaving the doors and windows as is. They are vital to the strength of the passenger compartment in case of wreck ou rollover. I understand you have an internal cage but it may be.,... well we won't open that can of worms..

Back