93 XJ build

Eventually there will be some 2x4 DOM steel square tubing

???

I like the doors but what it that^^^?

I'd just put some round tub in there with a little pad. Also have you thought about adding a cup holder in the new door. Right on top in the cut down part. You can get them from a boating supply store. Just drill a hole with a hole saw and rivet it in.

Doors are nice.

if you do rectanle then you could cut a hole in it for a cut holder. haha

nice job. been wanting to do mine. but i cant find any 98+ doors close to me

34s engaged!

Well I picked up some 34x10.50 LTBs from cltdba while at rockvember and got them mounted. Plenty of tread very happy with how they are tucked under the jeep and not sticking out like my 31x12.50s. Just a little test to see if i needed to trim my fenders any and I am settled at the way it performs now.

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20101128_104008.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20101128_103427.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20101128_103440.jpg

Looks good Nick! good choice on the tires.

About damn time! :flipoff2:

About damn time! :flipoff2:
hahah says the man who started wheeling when I did! :rolleyes:

just kidding but I feel they are a huge improvement. I picked up my old 31x12.50 and a 34x10.50 and didnt feel a huge weight difference. does that mean my chances of breakage didnt increase?

I know people always measured breakage on how large the tires were, not weight.....input on that?

I rarely spin my tires while rock crawling so i feel if i keep the skinny pedal at bay, i will be fine. :bounce2:

hahah says the man who started wheeling when I did! :rolleyes:
just kidding but I feel they are a huge improvement. I picked up my old 31x12.50 and a 34x10.50 and didnt feel a huge weight difference. does that mean my chances of breakage didnt increase?
I know people always measured breakage on how large the tires were, not weight.....input on that?
I rarely spin my tires while rock crawling so i feel if i keep the skinny pedal at bay, i will be fine. :bounce2:

The larger diameter will put more strain on the driveline, but its a necessary evil to get more ground clearance. Adding weight, especially on a wheel, also puts more strain on the driveline. Thats defintley a good thing that you didnt increase weight too much, and of course managing the skinny pedal helps.

Wow bro! You made awsome timing..

looks great!

i love the cherokee!

Welder

Got a Lincoln MIG welder for off craigslist for a steal. Happy 18th birthday to me :beer: :bounce2: :bounce2:

Let the Fun Begin!

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110108_111010.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110108_111018.jpg

wow thats a good birthday gift to yourself Nick! your gonna have to let me know how you like it.

Sweet setup, and a hellacious birthday gift.

Update

My AW4 was acting up and leaking like crazy over the last week so changed filter, fluid, and gaskets and it is all back to normal. After reviewing the heatwave we encountered last summer I ordered a B&M supercooler for the tranny and installed it. My Jeep has the normal rad, a/c condenser, and a factory oil cooler, so the tranny cooler fit in the front clip pretty tight. Will have pics up soon.

Also this weekend I have some 2x4 3/16 square tube for rocker panel replacement!

Sliders & Cooler

Finally had an entire weekend to do some mods to the jeep. Started out with the B&M Transmission Cooler which looks very cool :flipoff2: My jeep came with a stock oil cooler so there was very little room to mount but it is snug as a bug!

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110213_110757.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110213_110022.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110213_110008.jpg

Next was the rocker panel replacement. I basically followed any write up people did before. I give it a 7 out of 10 on difficulty. These are pics from one day after finishing. Need to Find a way to brace the bottom but without losing to much clearance. Any Ideas?

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110213_104440.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110213_104527.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110213_104448.jpg

ai978.photobucket.com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_mobile_IMG_20110213_104506.jpg

put a hi-lift under that rocker skid and see if it breaks off.

The setting is just trial and error. And yes that weld is the only one. It runs down the entire lengthy of the side. Its pretty damn sturdy. I can step on it and shake the whole jeep. It barely budges. Andi can jack it up no problem.

I have a very similar welder, mine is 110v, one key thing to mine is it has to get the proper current, makes a huge difference in bead quality. Can't tell if your is 220 or 110.
Build looks good.
Yes, trying to weld 3/16 to that tiny sheet metal is tricky. Luckily I never had to much of a problem burning through or the welds not penetrating. Basically at this point it is all go and no show. I do plan on bracing the bottom but I just need it to not be bulky. I now feel better about hitting some harder lines. Fra,er stiffiners will be my next project.

You need to brace that to the "frame" rail. There will be a ton of leverage on those welds and if the welds them self don't hold it'll tear the thin sheet metal they are welded too.

Back