98 XJ basic weekend project

you better hope he puts some kind of shock on there for a lift assist or your gonna blow your ass hole out trying to swing that up with a 35" tire and wheel.

Doubles as a full body workout. Noted, that is something we will venture.

Listen to @Loganwayne. If anyone knows about prolapsed bungholes, it's him.

I’ll be sure to stretch first.

It’s a bit more wild than most guys will like. I enjoy something different and have only seen a handful (maybe because it’s a sh!ty idea :cool:) But i enjoy it and it gets the job done.

I have been looking at the shackle relocation brackets you have for my heep.

Have you had a chance to see how they affect droop on the rear axle yet?

I have been looking at the shackle relocation brackets you have for my heep.

Have you had a chance to see how they affect droop on the rear axle yet?

No I haven’t yet. I didn’t have much time with it after putting them in to mess with it.

I finally got something accomplished. Everything its painted, and mounted! @Loganwayne was right, it is a bear to lug it up but it is manageable. I will figure out some way to mount a limit strap or something. I fudged up the winch so I still need to solder a contact :shaking: but all cables have been extended and the control box is mounted under the hood. A few more odds and ends, but she is ready to ride!

Last edited:
I finally got something accomplished. Everything its painted, and mounted! @Loganwayne was right, it is a bear to lug it up but it is manageable. I will figure out some way to mount a limit strap or something. I fudged up the winch so I still need to solder a contact :shaking: but all cables have been extended and the control box is mounted under the hood. A few more odds and ends, but she is ready to ride!

Only 1 pic showed up

Attachments

• 19FB262D-6A37-4639-A433-2A34DB219C97.jpeg
    19FB262D-6A37-4639-A433-2A34DB219C97.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 46DB4C54-4D50-478A-A181-26C5999C440A.jpeg
    46DB4C54-4D50-478A-A181-26C5999C440A.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 8E50ED60-111C-4A11-A998-D64035B37FAD.jpeg
    8E50ED60-111C-4A11-A998-D64035B37FAD.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 4AA7DD19-E70E-49E5-B0A8-A719E31BC2C3.jpeg
    4AA7DD19-E70E-49E5-B0A8-A719E31BC2C3.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 197
Contemplating selling this thing... The wife wants to ride but is trying to convince me to get back in the wrangler game. If I put it for sale, what would you guys start at?

Contemplating selling this thing... The wife wants to ride but is trying to convince me to get back in the wrangler game. If I put it for sale, what would you guys start at?

Dang that was quick! Try $4k or a some sort of trade.

You will never get the money you put into it back FYI

:flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang that was quick! Try $4k or a some sort of trade.

You will never get the money you put into it back FYI

:flipoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure if I had it out more often I would change my tune. I hate to see it sit so much, and don't want to wheel alone.

For $4k I'll part it out LOL.

I'm sure if I had it out more often I would change my tune. I hate to see it sit so much, and don't want to wheel alone.

For $4k I'll part it out LOL.
I'm almost done, so soon enough I'll be ready to go out once a month at least... Wheeling alone sucks I Kno

Not much going on, finally got the winch on and the control box mounted under the hood. Need to get some boots to cover the connections and waiting on a new fairlead, since the chrome one looked like ass. Chrome don’t get ya home...

Attachments

• 9FA3EC70-5F4C-4B3D-A5D4-B9C12D51ECE0.jpeg
    9FA3EC70-5F4C-4B3D-A5D4-B9C12D51ECE0.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 158
Finally got to stretch her legs a little! Camped at arrowhead Friday night with my BIL and nephew. Today we hit Rocky Mountain loop, Dutch John and Dickey Bell. Ran out of time before we got to Daniel. But it was a solid run and got to do some good wheeling. I got to take a trip up and down Dickey Bell (i think it was) in the yellow buggy and that that was insane. Made it up in like 15 seconds.

I acquired a death wobble on the way home so time to see what I fcked up!

Back