a shop that should not be in business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, two big things I see here.

Why would someone use .095 wall tubing for anything other than a curtain rod? .120 wall also called 11 guage is the standard, I think it's a required minimum for most track roll cages.

He should have never needed to call you. $3800 for a cage and 4 links is a lot of money, for that price it should have been done right the day he pciked it up. I saw the upper shock mounts bust. It was a loop 100% horizontal with no gussets and only two weld points. I laughed at it.

Explain the grease fittings and the rear axle pinion angle? I guess you didn't want the fittings to break off? There's no excuse for the hood. That was just silly.

rear pinion angle !!!! the pic speaks for its self.:fuck-you:
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_645263_fullsize_img_1994.jpg
For those who don't know it should be 2 or 3 degrees below driveshaft angle for most suspensions especially leaf springs. For a 4 link like his it should be straight, but never pointed above the driveshaft.

Instead of having all your friends jump on the band wagon, why dont you fill in the detail. 3800 wasnt only for a cage and 4 link. Explain the condition it came in and post a before pic, and the rebar you had holding it together - there was a lot of work on that rust mite. Heres some pics:
www.blackoutautosports.com/projects/bronco/eb.htm

StudNuts built my buggy and it does great. I even have the trophies to prove it. He built it 2 years ago and I only blew out a knuckle at the MD rock race.

Instead of having all your friends jump on the band wagon, why dont you fill in the detail. 3800 wasnt only for a cage and 4 link. Explain the condition it came in and post a before pic, and the rebar you had holding it together - there was a lot of work on that rust mite. Heres some pics:
www.blackoutautosports.com/projects/bronco/eb.htm
sure, here is a pic of the rust mite when i took it to stud nuts. he simply cut a straight line and cut it in half . he probably used a sawzall or cutting wheel. it was that simple. congrats studnuts you did do a good job cutting it in half.he didnt have to touch the re-bar i had in the back. f'n cry baby.
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_518407_fullsize_img_1126.jpg

StudNuts built my buggy and it does great. I even have the trophies to prove it. He built it 2 years ago and I only blew out a knuckle at the MD rock race.
lucky you. i hope you keep wheeling it at ure and dont take it out anywhere my daily driver cant go. i could take my crew cab superduty through uwharrie.

and im not having my friends jump in.

and for the record you told me $3,500.00. you called me when you were so called finished and said : its ready but before you get here i just wanted you to know its gonna be just a little bit more. $300.00 more. and i was fine with that. i'll admit you build a good show piece but im not mall crawlin with it.

lucky you. i hope you keep wheeling it at ure and dont take it out anywhere my daily driver cant go. i could take my crew cab superduty through uwharrie.
and im not having my friends jump in.

I was there when he won the trophy at the URE Cross rock crawl and I didnt see your daily driver there. Probably cause ive seen you wheel and you drive like that kid corky from life goes on.

If you only broke 1 piece of tube and broke 1 shock in the 1.5 years it has been completed and youve wheeled that bronco, Id say he did a good job or your not as hardcore as you think you are. I dont want to take sides, but when you really wheel tube gets dented no matter what the thickness. I remember reading a post here a few days ago about BigWoody's .180 cage getting dented, tube gets dented and things break when it is wheeled hard. My 2Centes

i hope you keep wheeling it at ure and dont take it out anywhere my daily driver cant go. i could take my crew cab superduty through uwharrie.

Uwharrie is so difficult but your displaying your hardcoreness in your Uwharrie photo shoot on your avatar. :driver:

Is your bronco your daily driver?

Uwharrie is so difficult but your displaying your hardcoreness in your Uwharrie photo shoot on your avatar. :driver:
Is your bronco your daily driver?
you can add whatever you like. just be sure to introduce yourself in person one day. i'd like to say thank you and shake your hand. my dd is an F350 POWER STROKE .

infact why dont you and your friend and studnuts come to my house and you 3 can look at my bronco and see if studnuts wants to work it out. he dont have to replace the cage . he did not charge me for dom tubing. i asked for it . im not sure what happened. but i'd really like you guys to come over and i will have some sandwhiches for you to eat while your here. :beer:

I was there when he won the trophy at the URE Cross rock crawl and I didnt see your daily driver there. Probably cause ive seen you wheel and you drive like that kid corky from life goes on.
If you only broke 1 piece of tube and broke 1 shock in the 1.5 years it has been completed and youve wheeled that bronco, Id say he did a good job or your not as hardcore as you think you are. I dont want to take sides, but when you really wheel tube gets dented no matter what the thickness. I remember reading a post here a few days ago about BigWoody's .180 cage getting dented, tube gets dented and things break when it is wheeled hard. My 2Centes
very nice. congrats to him on the trophy. im not even talking junk about his rig . please read my above post again. i'd like all 3 of you guys to come over and see what we can work out. ive already been to apex several times. so please please please consider it.:beer:

Congrats on finally posting up this :poop:. I really wish you had done it about a year ago when I was pointing out the shitty welds to you, after being there when you made a dozen or so phone calls to him. and 2 diff calls while being at URE. I hope it holds together this time, it gets old seeing this thing break everytime you do get to take it out. One thing for Mr.Studnuts "bracing", put some in. Sorry I have something else I just thought of, the front spring cups, I really loved how you stacked 2 diff sizes of tubing to the side of the frame and then welded the hacked up factory spring cups to it. Thats all I have to say for now and Mike I really hope it works(holds together) for you this time around.:beer:

i paid 3400 for the jeep on rockwells and cage that is on his website i made it from the main parking lot to kodak about a 15 minute ride and the 120 wall 4 link bar bent into the transfer case and i paid for steering to be done and turned around and paid jim to do it because studnuts could not figure it out and i called about the deisel parts you gave me a price i called back 15 minutes later and ordered the parts it was a tuesday and you said it would be in friday i called 3 times and left messages and still no return call i will never do business with your shop again and definitely will spread the word about blackout autosports i have left several messages on several ocassions over the past year with no returned calls thanks to kc4x4 aka kevin cox for helping me finish my jeep

Congrats on finally posting up this :poop:. I really wish you had done it about a year ago when I was pointing out the shitty welds to you, after being there when you made a dozen or so phone calls to him. and 2 diff calls while being at URE. I hope it holds together this time, it gets old seeing this thing break everytime you do get to take it out. One thing for Mr.Studnuts "bracing", put some in. Sorry I have something else I just thought of, the front spring cups, I really loved how you stacked 2 diff sizes of tubing to the side of the frame and then welded the hacked up factory spring cups to it. Thats all I have to say for now and Mike I really hope it works(holds together) for you this time around.:beer:
i paid 3400 for the jeep on rockwells and cage that is on his website i made it from the main parking lot to kodak about a 15 minute ride and the 120 wall 4 link bar bent into the transfer case and i paid for steering to be done and turned around and paid jim to do it because studnuts could not figure it out and i called about the deisel parts you gave me a price i called back 15 minutes later and ordered the parts it was a tuesday and you said it would be in friday i called 3 times and left messages and still no return call i will never do business with your shop again and definitely will spread the word about blackout autosports i have left several messages on several ocassions over the past year with no returned calls thanks to kc4x4 aka kevin cox for helping me finish my jeep
:popcorn:

Just to let everyone know, we do not work there. Get your information straight.

I've known broncomania to be an honest, laid back, and overall stand-up guy. If he says there's an issue, he for sure is not bs-ing about it or trying to be an attention whore. I believe what he says to be the truth, period. I now understand why he's had to put so much time into his rig since the big stuff was supposedly "finished."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back