Alaska Off-Road Warriors

here's my additional thoughts on the last leg. Of course, the route was planned out well before they started. I think they were hoping for a little tighter race. Thus in the end it would have been a sprint for the finish. Imagine if three of the team were within 30 minutes of each other. Then add in the construction element and it becomes pretty exciting. I can't really fault the course design because I don't know all the details that went into it but what disappoints me was the "hey, you drove to the end and there's nothing there but the sea." No banner or team's families or beer. Just nothing but some people standing around thinking, "yep... well, I guess it's time to be hitting the old dusty trail. See you guys later."

Timing chain broke. I'm surprised it lasted that long. It was slapping the cover in the first episode.

LOL I'm surprised it made it that far for numerous reasons... that poor dog is gonna die of lung cancer...

Well...I watched the last episode last night. It was by far the most pitiful episode of the whole show. Finishing an off road race on a huge stretch of road where the only obstacle was road construction! They should at least have had a confetti popper and a bag of chips or something at the end.

War Wagon was still my favorite team even with Butch. Backing into Rover and getting stuck leaving the beach... frigging great!

Yeah I thought it was fairly anticlimactic myself. I like how Shea let Pete drive the last leg, she was all teary like they had a moment or whatnot. I enjoyed the show for the most part.

I thought it was a decent show , not an accurate representation of wheelin in general but entertaining. It would be super fun to take part in that type of event. I just couldn't stand rover guy, dude has serious issues.

I thought it was a decent show , not an accurate representation of wheelin in general but entertaining. It would be super fun to take part in that type of event. I just couldn't stand rover guy, dude has serious issues.
Don't all Roover guys have issues? But also the Jeep guys do too?

Don't all Roover guys have issues? But also the Jeep guys do too?

... and the toyota guys, the buggy guys, the ford guys, the chevy guys, and of course the (LOL) hummer guys

I finally watched an episode last night, I think it was maybe the 6th episode of the season or something. It was entertaining, but kind of annoying to watch.

Then I had a dream that I was stuck in an off-road race with all my friends at work, none of which know a lick about driving off-road. My dream was about the same as watching that show, I just sat back and shook my head. :lol:

Back