Amazon shipping

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Ordered 2 drafting pencils from Amazon (prime). Here is how they packed a pair of $2 pencils :

(Sharpie for scale)

9d400a310a0a6607517383166170253e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My attempt to apply logic is to speculate that they are already individually packaged, so if you order two then you get two packages?
Or maybe they shipped from separate warehouses?
Or maybe there's a postage weight limit for that type of envelope?

Amazon packaging never ceases to amaze though....

Ordered 2 drafting pencils from Amazon (prime). Here is how they packed a pair of $2 pencils :

(Sharpie for scale)

9d400a310a0a6607517383166170253e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I get huge boxes sometimes with one small item in them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

one pair of pliers
IMG_6275.jpg

Oh yeah I've had tiny stuff come in large boxes before.

I think at the Amazonion scale of shipping and logistics, it's more cost effective for their robots to just use whatever box is just kinda the next size reasonably close rather than spending time/expense finding something right.
A lot of time things don't originate from the same warehouse. I've had cases where I ordered 2 of something and they cam in 2 completely different style boxes.

Oh yeah I've had tiny stuff come in large boxes before.

I think at the Amazonion scale of shipping and logistics, it's more cost effective for their robots to just use whatever box is just kinda the next size reasonably close rather than spending time/expense finding something right.
A lot of time things don't originate from the same warehouse. I've had cases where I ordered 2 of something and they cam in 2 completely different style boxes.

Amazons focus is mostly on speed. Time has alot of cost associated to it, for them. Find a box that it fits in, and ship it, as fast as possible.

Amazons focus is mostly on speed. Time has alot of cost associated to it, for them. Find a box that it fits in, and ship it, as fast as possible.

this is exactly it. we struggle all the time dealing with amz cs and trying to get them to package our stuff in legitimate packages. knuckleheads think its suitable to ship liquid bottles in envelopes.

in the old days i always said if you ordered a bag of packing peanuts from msc they would ship them to you in a box of packing peanuts.

You mean......2 pounds of marijuana was found in that amazon shipment, RIGHT? :huggy:

On an unrelated note..... we made some pretty dope brownies last night....wanna try one?

They could maybe pack more packages like this - 65 pounds of marijuana found in Amazon order

the CIA drug cartel needs to quit using Amazon

You shipping booze by mail??

something like that. we put our products on amz for fulfillment by amazon (prime). You generally walk away paying amz 33% of your retail sale. And the amz seller backend is like rocket science. Youd go broke or suffer heart failure trying to keep up with the data. You just got to look at it as a sales you wouldnt have otherwise.

Every now and then I get a weird large box but most often it seems about right. Never gonna get prime though, I order stuff on amazon and get it 2 days later anyway, free shipping, 3 days before they said it would arrive, Even had a package sitting on my step when I got back from getting lunch last Sunday!

Back