Limit straps.....check
Roof panels.....check
New orbital....check
Radio.....check
Intercom.....check
Fixed power steering pump.... check
Help from Zac and Eric....priceless
uploadfromtaptalk1341278979497.jpg

They are charged at 300 psi and limited to about 2". I used 2 sets of factory spacers. I may cut them down a little to get abount 3 inches of travel out of them

300psi??? That is crazy stiff!

Good luck in D-town this weekend Slappy! I hate I'm gonna miss the maiden race. I wish I could make it down.

OK I will look at my pressures. I took the shocks off and put air in the bumps until it held the weight at half the shaft length the went down 50 psi. I guess my tuning logic lacks some.....lol. I will bring the nitrogen tank with me and tune at the track.

If you charged them to 200psi (thought that was the recommended PSI at 4" travel?), then at 2" travel I would think 300 would be about right, but I really don't know. I do know we charged Brad's with 2" travel to 200PSI or so, and had NO problem at all bottoming them out, lol. If you need 3" spacers DON't cut those you have, I'll make you some out of DOM. You need to make 100% sure they are cut straight, and you are not gonna get them cut straight with a saw...

KING put 50psi in mine during tuning and never touched them again. 4" fronts and 2" rears. It only takes about 25psi for my bumps to fully extend and 200psi is max

I roll the oring up, make a test run and see where the bump compresses. Add or subtract from there. This helps find the sweet spot. As short as your bumps are I would think they would need more pressure but 300psi has to be hard on seals.

You'll need major shock tuning if you're running 300 in the bumps and it doesn't beat you to death. You shouldn't need more than 150 in there and that's still a lot.
Good luck with everything Snappy, everyone that worked on it did a great job from what I've seen.

You'll need major shock tuning if you're running 300 in the bumps and it doesn't beat you to death.

This. Up the compression on the shocks or change spring rates if you're bottoming the bumps. 300 psi is too high, IMHO.

Or lower that dual rate stop. Looks to have plenty of travel left in the shock though. Are you going to get a chance to take it over anything rough this week snappy?

I am going to try to hit ure but it doesnt look good. I have spare springs and shock oil so looks like I will be tuning via youtube at prerunning. It feels better than anything I have ever had, but thats not saying much.....

After talking to Alex, my thinking was way wrong on the bumps. I beleive my shocks are close, I had a different set of shocks so I beleive these are close

Already carnage... S shaped rear springs, bent shock mounts.... Good news, a set of 3.5 toyota front worked nicely as a fix and it nw has a set of bumo stops on the rear.

Back