And so it begins....

Looking for a podium finish out of you at DPG! Wear that thing out testing between now and then!:)

glad to see everything seemed to work well at the race. I know it feels good to get back behind the wheel.

I didnt catch them anywhere, but do you have the specs on how the jeep ended up? (wb, belly, etc.)

Some pics of it after its first beating would be nice too

Wb ended up at 115"
Belly? ??
uploadfromtaptalk1342796779719.jpg

Very nice build man! Nice work from all that contributed too!

So did u get a motor back in yet?

sent from deep space via galaxy S 2
I pick a series 3 up on sat and have a few goodies for it that will be here next week, like...
new manifold
1.9 to 1 rockers
New gasket kit...

Few upgrades

Is that idler pulley I made to get more wrap on the charger gonna bolt to this motor or will I need to make a new one?

You da man Marshall!

Looking good, its nice to see joints getting side loaded the proper way.
Thanks man. I figured we'd try it out since we're using 1.25 heims on this one. Johnny joints just don't quite have the misalignment in a std. bracket to do it this way.
You da man Marshall!
Thankya Thankya.

Sure, I can call and explain it in full if you'd like but I don't want Snappy's thread to get derailed.
On a go fast vehicle, mounting the joints like that will help control the lateral load better and allow the joints to live longer. While the load is handled mostly by a push/pull on the joints there is pressure from side to side. I've seen Johnny joints blow snap rings out cause they cant handle the side load going fast, and I've had to replace Ballistic joints with Rod ends due to it flaring the forging and spanner nut out slightly. I've been down this road with a couple go fast vehicles and I feel this mounting tends to work the best if the joint can handle the misalignment.....my opinion based off my experience. That's the short and simple explanation, there is more behind it.

Last edited:
Do you run the upper control arm bolts this way at the frame as well?

PS. I am not saying one is better than the other just asking our your opinion

Back