[Aug 24, 2012] "THE FLATS" FALL OPEN INVITE/TOY RUN Aug.24th-26th (MARION NC)

jaybird1ton

The Flats Offroad Park
Rock Corps 4x4 Club would like to invite everyone to join us for our open invite and our annual TOY RUN. As many of you know we have held a toy run or toy drive to support our local kids that are in need for Christmas. We are having our ride a few weeks early this year because of other events that are going on in Sept. & Oct. The board is meeting in a week or so to discuss allowing SIDE BY SIDES to our open rides now. This will be updated and we will let you know for sure. Watch for updates about a possible raffle and hill climb challenge!

SIDE X SIDES ARE WELCOME AT THIS RIDE!!!

Gates open on the 24th @11:00am and will close @5:00pm the 26th
$10 a person and $10 a rig - Kids 16 and under free (If you bring a toy or toys,it will equal $10)
Primitive camping is available (Use fire ring w/ fires please) Porta johns onsite.
Motorhomes and campers are welcome. We have plenty of room!!
Motels and stores within 1 mile of the park.
Concessions will be Saturday. Chicken and bar-b-que plates and hotdogs and burgers
We do have an RC course now for all the guys with RC crawlers

Last edited:
ROCK CORPS 4X4 CLUB RULES AND REGULATIONS
No alcohol allowed on the premises.
No illegal drugs allowed whatsoever! Zero tolerance!
Wheeling can start at 9:00am and must end at 9:30pm.
Speed limits are set at 5 mph in parking areas and high traffic areas.
This includes all roads in, and all roads to the different parts of the property.
Seat belts are required at all times.
A fire extinguisher is required at all times for each vehicle.
The exception being four wheelers.
You are required to stay on the marked trails only. No free roaming.
4 wheelers are allowed for members and family members.
Paid member must be with any underage riders. No Motor Cycles
are permitted on the property.
If you have a vehicle with a loud exhaust use common courtesy in
the high traffic areas and camping areas. Wait till you are in the woods
or on the obstacles before opening it up!
Be safe and courteous to others at all times.
Violators of these rules will be dealt with swiftly

Thats the ECORS at DPG weekend. Maybe I'll make it Sunday. I might just have to try to get the s-10 going for this! I've been looking for an excuse to get it done.

Ya haw!
Another item that should be mentioned is that we now have a RC course! Several members have been working on this one of a kind, never seen before RC area.! Kids(of all ages) bring them crawlers! We WILL have a power source for charging batteries if you don't have one.

Camp fires welcome! Please use a fire ring

RV's of ANY size welcome. Please park so as to not kill parking area. Get close! We are all friends, right?

Please be prepared to take your trash home with you. If you use the provided cans, please do not put none burnable items in there
throw aluminum cans and glass bottles(gently) around the outside of cans so more easily recycled.

please keep any and all pets leashed.
Please scoop or pick up the poop

This just in....................

Side by Sides will be allowed at The Flats open invite the weekend of August 24th!

Requirements:

Seat belts are to be worn at all times when in operation.
Speed Limits in camping, parking, and roads to and from, are for all. WATCH YOUR SPEED
Red trails should be looked at BEFORE you try them. There are some you may be able to do, and others, there is no way in hell you will be able to do, now, don't take that as a challenge, take it as a warning.
How it goes this invite, will directly reflect on whether or not they will ever be allowed to ride here again.
Please don't ruin it for others!

Last edited:
Damn!
Really hate I wont be able to be there, but we are at DPG that weekend racing.

Damn, I'll be in the air flying back from Siberia.

Ill be at DPG for the ecors race. Terrible timing. Any chance of doin another open invite later this year?

We regret that this was scheduled the same weekend as the ECORS race! But with so many events/rides scheduled for the remaining last part of the year, this is the weekend we chose. But for all you ECORS guys, both racers and spectators, come on over for Sunday! there will be riding all day then too.

I have questions. How large is this Park miles of trails? Is it always invite only? Are the trails anything like Golden mountain? Thanks I am very interested

Attachments

• Dixie Run 2011 241.JPG
    Dixie Run 2011 241.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 447
Our park is 70 acres filled with trails and obstacles. There are trails that a stocker can play on and we have stuff that no one has been able to make it up yet. Mild to wild! Our place is very easy to find and we have a lot of parking/camping area. Plus there are hotels and restaraunts only 3/4 mile away. Check out some videos on youtube about our place. Just type in "The Flats" or ECORS race @the flats and it will give you some idea. We don't have as many rocks as Golden Mnt. but some of the terrain is similiar. We do cater to 4x4 clubs if they want a seperate ride but the public is only allowed when we have an open invites. For the money there is no better place!!! Hope you can make it.

i am hoping i will be able to come out there this will be my first time an would like to get to meet alot of new people an make alot of friends i hope my stock 84 chevy truck with 33's wont be a prob

The club now has several big canopy tents that we will set up to beat the heat near where the concessions are gonna be as long as the wind is not blowing really hard. The club is also going to have a workday soon where we are gonna bring in some equipment and hopefully redo some areas just to switch things up a little.

Back