[Aug 24, 2012] "THE FLATS" FALL OPEN INVITE/TOY RUN Aug.24th-26th (MARION NC)

I plan on being there with Appalachian 4x4. It will be my first ride with my new rig I've been working on. 1983 Toyota FJ60 with a spring over lift & 35s.

Looking forward to the open invite, we always have. Great turnout for the open days and hoping this lwte summer ride will be one for the ages. Be sure to bring your big boy pants to try some of the obstacles And trails!!!

I try to never miss a ride at The Flats! Every time I go there, it seems the trails are different. Just cuz you made it last time doesnt guarantee you will make it next time! Always a good time!

I just realized that I am going to be out of town. I'm not happy about missing this event. See you all next time.

Wish I could make it. I will be at DPG racing though. Dont know that I can swing making two trips the same weekend. I am going to try though. The TJ has not been out this year yet. My fabricator tells me he is going to have my new axle in by then though.

Had a big workday this past Sat. Got alot of work done, opened a couple of new bypass trails, and did alot of work on the existing trails as well. Hope to see everyone there that can make it.

This just in....................

Side by Sides will be allowed at The Flats open invite the weekend of August 24th!

Requirements:

Seat belts are to be worn at all times when in operation.
Speed Limits in camping, parking, and roads to and from, are for all. WATCH YOUR SPEED
Red trails should be looked at BEFORE you try them. There are some you may be able to do, and others, there is no way in hell you will be able to do, now, don't take that as a challenge, take it as a warning.
How it goes this invite, will directly reflect on whether or not they will ever be allowed to ride here again.
Please don't ruin it for others!

Wish this wasn't the same weekend as DPG... :(

This ride is going to be awesome! We are gonna close off the trail Tank Trap until 4:00 on Saturday then open it up so we can put on a show for the spectators. This will not be a competition unless someone puts up some money. Just bragging rights I guess! I can't wait!

I am going up tank trap this time or I will roll the damn thing trying

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2

How many are looking to camp Friday night or sat

I will try to get a pic today of it. We initailly had the trail set up like they have on top truck challenge but we took the mud holes out because of people fussing. Now it has very little mud but some rock obstacles and a pretty nasty rock ledge to get up. It is doable but very fun watching!!!

Where does it go after that, through the gap in the trees in the middle?

Looks fun I'll give it a shot

Back