Back yard yj build

No but he did send a pic
uploadfromtaptalk1398605048573.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's bad ass

Thanks. Like I told everyone two and a half years ago... " I aint bs'ing this go round" :smokin:

I installed my xj springs in the front today so I gained another 6" of wheelbase. I beefed them up with multiple extra leafs. Also installed the Chevy astro van steering box. That astro box is a pretty neat swap. It bolts up exactly the same as the stock jeep steering box minus one mounting bolt. The pitman arm is just the opposite of the jeep box and swings from the front. I also installed the passenger side high steer arm and was able to make it functional by using an f250 drag link I got the other day. Sometime this week I will be going to get my one ton tie rod and hydro ram. So I'll be tapping my steering box for that also. I may end up making a one ton drag link too if I can scrape the money together. I'll make it out of 1.5" 1/4" wall dom and either some 1" heims or some 7/8" TRE's.

progress so cool ive been told use the tre,s oveer hiem joints so i did i dont know how much tubing i have left for a drag link but ill check

Hell yeah man did you get your cage done. Also on my last jeep I did the factory Chevy one ton 7/8" TRE's and they did good. Also you can get them at any auto parts store.

I picked up a really beefy one ton tie rod from cj777 the other day thanks man. It also came with a hydro ram to go with it. The tie rod looks to be 1.5" Dom 1/4" wall and some 3/4" heims. Not sure what the ram specs are I'll have to take a look at it.

uploadfromtaptalk1399474224024.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1399474236289.jpg

Last edited:
oh yea rock ram i got mine is an agr pump box and rockram for free hope we get to the mountains soon would be great to meet and chk out the running jeeps cage almost done but beeen working long hours so im off this weekend money will be here for my front locker and drive shafts headers soon

Roll out
uploadfromtaptalk1399584845015.jpg

Nice! Cage time!

Yeah I need some pointers from you for the cage yours turned out really nice.

I can text ya some pics. My phone won't let me upload from camera/gallery to photo bucket.
I just basically did a traditional double B inline with the lumbar as so as the occupants would ride cinched down in the seats and made my A pillars the same angle as the windshield frame with reinforced B-A spreaders to cover the impact area. I try to visualize what areas on the cage will get hit the hardest and build it to where it won't fold. Another key to building a strong jeep chassis is to connect as much as possible inline with the frame wherever you can to combat the hard bump folding effect. If that makes any sense. But I really only have about 4' of frame left where the x-member bolts to. Rest is all tube chassis. Soooo much easier to work with

Last edited:
Mines not done yet either and I'm itching to drive it!

Make that three of us!!

no updates in a while is everything ok work has me tied up rite now but that means the parts are stacking up so when i get time i can put some more together hope yours is coming along

I have not worked on it in a while. I'm in school this summer for web design. Trying to finish up this build on a very tight budget.

^^this. I too have $$ going every which way but in the Jeep. The broke down time isn't so bad if you have a good punch list of "cheap" things to do.

ok im off this week got the cage done . looking for update on your builds miss seeing things being done and i dont have any ideas to steal from you i posted pics of my cage it turned out ok useing the tips savage give me

Cool cage you guys made I have nothing new here. I'm hoping to get a week soon to do work on it.

Back