Back yard yj build

I know right. I was just at uwharrie yesterday having fun. We took my buddy's jk and a honda 4 seater side by side. Next on my list is to modify the stock chevy fuel pump to fit in a tj gas tank. I'll just have to shorten the spring rods on it and make an adapter plate to mount it up. Also I picked up two grooved 44" TSL's. Now I need to find two more for a 16.5" wheel.

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is a very cool rig. Hope to see it on the trails!

Thanks man still gathering parts as I type...

looks like we both going to get there about the same time. put a VW golf body on a cj5 frame yesterday. hes going to use blazer axle under it 38 inch swampers

I'd like to see a pic of that creation! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks man still gathering parts as I type...
Let me know what you might need parts wise or even assistance, our spec sheets are nearly identical.

Right now I'm needing a 1350 rear driveshaft or just some parts to make one. Also I need some cables for my NWF shifters and the metal bracketry that connects to the shifter rails. I need a Chevy astro steering box and a one ton drag link with a high steer arm. Also I'm needing an auto trans shifter.

Hey Noah, I have a B+M cable shifter that I'm not using in my YJ build. I'll ship it to ya for $40.....Can text ya pics....just let me know

Cool man send me some pics!

I just handed over my McMaster Carr 350 lb push pull cables to t-frady a few days ago since I detwinsticked my 205 lol. Check their website though. I paid around $50 each for 3' length push pull cables with double clevis ends. Way beefier than any I've seen and have plenty enough throw for the 205. I also have modded 205 rails still. And I also have a btf arm I'm not using. Setup for a 5/8 heim

I need that high steer arm if you want to sell it. Why did you go back to a non twin stick 205?

Simple answer... don't need what I don't use lol. A single stick solid linkage is less to go wrong. I had twin stick in my last rig (Dana 300 equipped) and I used it twice in the last two years. Plus having a twin stick without cutting brakes is kinda like doing dirt parking lot burnouts with a fwd Honda ricer. Simplicity is my friend.

I might go that route too since my wallet is mostly empty towards the end of this build. Lol

ive got about 65 dollars in the whole twin stick. ground my owwn rails and built the shifters out of old blazer shifters and metal found at the local drop bin so im using mine

That's really not bad. I'll have to stop by truck pro today and grab some cables.

Thanks Hoop I got the shifter yesterday. I went out to the auto parts stores today to go get a B&M shifter T - handle and it was $30. I really didn't want to spend thirty on a shifter handle so I passed on it. I had a few random shifter knobs laying around from jeeps that I had parted out. One was an 8 ball shifter, one was a u-joint and the last one I found was a Hurst pistol grip shifter. So I decided to use the pistol grip shifter handle and modify it to be a t-handle shifter.

Here are a few pics of it. I drilled it out and tapped it.

uploadfromtaptalk1398376161202.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398376208396.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398376236214.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398376249397.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1398376321508.jpg

Last edited:
Also I got a blue torch fab high steer arm with studs from xjsavage. Thanks man!
uploadfromtaptalk1398376649269.jpg

would like to get alot done but help is getting hard to come by wanting to do the rool bar and seats this weekend oh and bleed the rockram

Back