Back yard yj build

Got some beef for the 60 Blue Torch Fab

image.jpg

Anybody need a 60 truss? I won't be using it.

image.jpg

Last edited:
New solid cover for the rear. Very nice cover for a good price.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hey thanks man! Next I'm dropping in the ls motor!

Bringing this thread back from the dead.....

The drive train is in place 5.3 th350 and twin sticked and clocked 205 case. It ended up fitting in there good. Nothing is hitting the frame or the body. The exhaust manifolds have plenty of clearance, the hood closes with the truck intake manifold and the mechanical fan is going to clear just fine. Not bad! The truck oil pan is pretty close to the dana 60 yoke but will work. Damn that oil pan is huge!

I had Warren - Wwildman on the board here - thin down my harness and he did a great job very clean and every connection is labeled. Thanks man!

Anyway here are a few pictures of the install. I am going to try to tuck the transfer case up higher into the body. I'm thinking pretty soon I will be cutting a hole in my floorboard. And I'm liking the Barnes 4wd crossmember skid plate so I may end up getting that.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Also I had to lower my cj grill. It was sitting a little high on the yj frame and didn't look quite right. So in order to lower the grill I had to modify the frame mount. I stair stepped it down about an inch with a few bends and extended it. On the sides of the cj grill I cut out a little notch so it would recess in between the yj frame rails. Much better!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 397
Here are some pictures of the 5.3 harness that Wwildman thinned down for me. He installed an OBD2 diagnostic port to mount under the face of the dash and he also wired in a fuse block with relays for the motor.

image.jpg
image.jpg

just wondering how you got the front springs to match up with the stock d60 perches or did I miss something? Was thinking there was a good bit of difference with the chevy 60 perches unlike the ford 60!

The Chevy spring perches are only about 1/4" wider than the yj spring hangers. I drilled a new hole inboard a 1/4" for the passenger spring centering pin. On the drivers side I used a new spring perch so it lines up correctly.

I'll probably use the three inch skid unless I cut a big ass hole in my floorboard!

Thanks...next on my list is to get an alternator, starter and corvette fuel pump. Then driveshafts and get some cables to set up my twin sticks.

Also I will be sending off my cpu to get reprogrammed. This guy will do it for $75. http://www.lt1swap.com/programming.htm

i got my cables at truck pro they are for a pto shifter frrom a dumptruck going to build the shifter out of metal from the drop bin at the local steel place

got them from truckpro in fay for 26 each they are pto shift cables so any truck shop should have them did you do the mods on your case yet

I bought the 205 already clocked and modified for twin sticks. It came out of Baxters buggy cj5. Do you have any pics of your twin stick cable set up.

image.jpg

you should call me found my shifter handles they are off a blazer with a 203 some 1 1/2 inch angle iron pto cables lots of fabbing my number is 910 489 5409

I have some NWF cable shifters. I need to get the cables and brackets to connect it all.

image.jpg

Back