Bad seller: Studnuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarface

Almost 2 yrs ago i bought a AMC 360 John had built, $1300 as is. Found water in the oil right away, he said it was condensation. Came home with it and called around, found a friend who would look at it. He said it needed, magnafluxing.
Wanted a second opinion, went to a 4wd guy he said lots of problems, 1 cyl never fired, plugs were fine, visually checked the Dist, it was new and fine.
Money got tight, i waited, scraped that project for the time being.
Went to a race shop to gets some harnesses for a new rig and the guy started talking. He has a lot of experince with engines and AMC.
The place he worked was 2 mins from where the engine was stored so i went and got the heads and block, he sampled the oil and took the heads.
A little back ground JOHN: remember when i called you and said i wouldnt care it there was something wrong if you would just tell me, and you swore it was ok? I asked are you sure and if there was a problem and you told me i wont blast you. Remember that? Then you offer to look at it if i paid you labor and parts to tear into it?
YOU are a piece of shit
Passy head is cracked at the rear valve, and i has been ran blown up for at least 20 hours.
I dont want anything from you. I just want everyone else to know that you swore and lied to my face.
YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT
I hope i never see you again b/c it would be ugly. Enjoy that new job, YOU FUCKING LIAR
P9020030.JPG

P9020033.JPG

P9020036.JPG

P9020037.JPG

I dont want anything from you. I just want everyone else to know that you swore and lied to my face.

I wouldn't do that. Maybe he did think it was good to go. I'd at least let the man try and make things right. This happened to me recently and the guy bought it back.

In Reality it's very possible Jon had no idea it was bad. You state he "had" it built. There are lots of things that could cause water in the oil. One being put together wrong. No way to see a crack usually until it is magnafluxed. If he was a crooked seller and knew the water was in the oil, I would think he would had drained the oil/water and refilled with oil, to mask it being seen, at least right away. At the most I'd say another head, and a new bearing/gasket kit and you'll be good to go.

Have you made any attempt to contact him about the problem? it has been my experience that john is a pretty stand up guy.

I am not making excuses for him, I am just curious if he even knows yet?

well here it is.

First off. Yes, that engine was built for me by THoff. When I tore my buggy down that engine ran fine. I tore the engine right out of my buggy directly onto the engine stand you bought it from. Is it possible something was wrong internally...yes. Was I aware of it...no, I had the buggy at the playground wheelin 2 weekends before you bought the engine. I did not lie to your face, in my eyes there was nothing wrong with it. List all the facts you fucktard. You did call, I did offer to tear into the engine at your cost - only reason is I had $100+ dollar head gaskets that I wasnt about to eat. So it was sold as in running condition. I sold it to you as a completed engine, how the fawk did I know something was wrong internally?

Secondly, I sold that engine 2 years ago. I aint doing shit for you now you slander me on the tough internet.

Thirdly, you know where I work. You got something to say, say it to my face cause ill put you on the ground. Dont make threats you cant promise pal. You dont know me.

Im done. Slander on.

EDIT: Those heads I put on the engine were brand new NOS heads when I had that engine built.

well here it is.
First off. Yes, that engine was built for me by THoff. When I tore my buggy down that engine ran fine. I tore the engine right out of my buggy directly onto the engine stand you bought it from. Is it possible something was wrong internally...yes. Was I aware of it...no, I had the buggy at the playground wheelin 2 weekends before you bought the engine. I did not lie to your face, in my eyes there was nothing wrong with it. List all the facts you fucktard. You did call, I did offer to tear into the engine at your cost - only reason is I had $100+ dollar head gaskets that I wasnt about to eat. So it was sold as in running condition. I sold it to you as a completed engine, how the fawk did I know something was wrong internally?
Secondly, I sold that engine 2 years ago. I aint doing shit for you now you slander me on the tough internet.
Thirdly, you know where I work. You got something to say, say it to my face cause ill put you on the ground. Dont make threats you cant promise pal. You dont know me.
Im done. Slander on.
EDIT: Those heads I put on the engine were brand new NOS heads when I had that engine built.

You told me the engine had been sitting for about3 months. You sold me an engine for $1300 that was in nonrunning order. Well i guess a V8 running 7 cyl is cool, that cracked head is fine?????????

Put me on the ground? This the way you treat customers? You want to take this that way? You are a little boy.

And i did call him, a few times, and talked to others who saw him wheel it hard after he told me he took it easy on the engine during the break in.

2 years ago? I think I would have gone through that engine before 2 years was up but that's just me. I have nothing more to add.

The engine has been apart for almost that whole time. It was taken apart pretty soon after he bought it. I think that he was just going to let it slide until he found out about the cracked head, etc.

Oh by the way as soon as i get a chance i am calling 4WParts and let them know that you are involving them in a personal matter. Threats involving your work place John?

You just got owned by your own stupidity.

Oh by the way as soon as i get a chance i am calling 4WParts and let them know that you are involving them in a personal matter. Threats involving your work place John?
You just got owned by your own stupidity.

lol, what, you going to call BlackOut Autosports? Hope my receptionist is in a good mood. :fuck-you:

And i did call him, a few times, and talked to others who saw him wheel it hard after he told me he took it easy on the engine during the break in.

No lie there. It was broken in easy, but after the break in period is was on like donkey kong.

btw, whens the last time you wheeled, webwheelers is accepting applications.

No lie there. It was broken in easy, but after the break in period is was on like donkey kong.
btw, whens the last time you wheeled, webwheelers is accepting applications.

I don't see how the last time he wheeled plays into this dealing at all. Nice try.

So you offer nothing else?
OK
I win

damn right im not offering anything else. It has been 2 years since that engine was sold. Yes, there was some water in the oil when you bought it, and that was the first I knew of it. Yes, I did think it was condensation from the block from sitting in my garage.

My point, it has been in your hands for 2 years. I dont know what or how many back yard monkeys have had their wanna be knowledge of amc engines hands in that thing.

PS. I still have the bill of sale if you want me to scan it and post it as well. You signed it although it did state sold 'as-is'. I told you when you left with the engine if you wanted to tear into it in my garage and you said no. So thats it on my end. Call my place of employment all you want.

on the phone with Michelle in store operations. Sorry you took it that way.

I appreciate that Shane. Why would you call and cause grief for me on a dealing over 2 yrs old that was done at his own private place of business (Blackout Autosports) long before we opened here in Raleigh?

In the future if you have a problem with 4wp of raleigh please try to contact me at the store and i will try to help resolve any dispute concerning me, my shop, or any of its employees.

Greg
919 871-8105
4WP- Store Manager

talk about immature. You cant handle it face to face so you have to involve my employment. You obviously dont read on nc4x4 much do you.

Yeah lets fight it out? Thats the mature way. At least you didnt back pedal, that would have been real bad.

And you are an idiot if you think it could be condensation, I should have never trusted you on that. Oil and water separeted might be condensation not mixed milkshake.

Backyard monkies? An ex-chrysler tech and a Motorsprots dist. arnt quite that.

And you proved my point that you new there was a problem, and then reassured me it was fine.

Dude, that was a lame move to call and complain to corporate about something that obviously has NOTHING to do with 4WP..

I never heard that engine run on anything less than all 8. what month and year did you buy it? I might have a video of him from around that time where you can hear it running...

My take on this:

If you buy something "as is" then that's what you should expect.

If you saw water in the oil, you should have walked away

waiting 2 years and expecting something to be done about it is kinda stretching things

No one could have known that the head was cracked. with the water/oil issue it would just be one of many things that should have been checked.

Calling his work was just not cool at all, esp when he didn't work there when it happened.

making a post like that can only have one ending. You can't expect help when you start out like that.

learn from this

You want to settle this? End it all?

If we can agree on terms i am willing, i was just going to part out the engine and recover what i could, but if you want a way out of this i would listen to an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back