Because Race Shop - Left Eye Blind Racing

Man that 69 brings back some memories....

Im assuming it's not an original Boss?

Man that 69 brings back some memories....

Im assuming it's not an original Boss?

To my knowledge and his claims it is. He's what I would call a high end collector. Several boss 9, SCJ, etc blocks/parts on the shelves. A couple concourse tbirds. Plus the 60's driver mustangs. One of those guys that has a showroom for his cars.

To my knowledge and his claims it is. He's what I would call a high end collector. Several boss 9, SCJ, etc blocks/parts on the shelves. A couple concourse tbirds. Plus the 60's driver mustangs. One of those guys that has a showroom for his cars.

Weird.
Hard to believe a dude has a $100k car with the wrong wheels tires and front valance when those are so common to find. And even stranger (to me) that he'd open trailer it anywhere.

Such a soft spot for those cars. Had a 69 Mach 1 that remains the only car Ive ever regretted selling.

Weird.
Hard to believe a dude has a $100k car with the wrong wheels tires and front valance when those are so common to find. And even stranger (to me) that he'd open trailer it anywhere.

Such a soft spot for those cars. Had a 69 Mach 1 that remains the only car Ive ever regretted selling.

Don't know enough about them to know what's right or wrong, but I suppose when you have enough F**k you money, you can do anything you want when upgrading/customizing your own rig. Like you said, rims and tires are easy swaps...could just prefer this look and the original parts are sitting in a backroom of the showroom.

@Ron , Kris came across the original invoice and marti...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Congrats.
He still had incorrect aftermarket parts on the car. And cheap ones at that.

Btw I found a new favorite bourbon.

New resto-mod project pulling in to the north shop. Only 'definite' so far is the customer wants a 383. Should be an interesting build to see come to life.
image.jpeg

Going through some pics on the new phone, since everything in the cloud was restored...

Doug doing some work in the paint booth...
image.jpeg

Pro-bono build for a guy that definitely deserved it...

Crappy pic but what we started with...
image.jpeg

Mid-build...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The unveiling...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Been doing a lot of work with Jet-Hot on coating more than just headers...brackets, valve covers, pans, etc etc...so they showed us some love...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sneak peak (not available yet)...a few doodles later:

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_876_medium_image121.jpeg

First fuel pump block off plate...this ones for SBC's...Ford and BBC options will be available as well.

So I was doing some 'Transformation Tuesday' write ups for other sources and figured I'd share what really got me started. Bought this truck when I was 15, hit head on by a drunk driver a couple days after my 17th birthday...ripped the front axle out from under the truck, laid on its side, and stopped by a telephone pole. The motorist was uninsured...I didn't wanna give up my first truck, so my old man told me if we were gonna do it, we were gonna do it right. So I worked in his machine shop, his buddy's machine shops, bought and sold trucks. We did everything but paint ourselves.

Bought it like this with some paint/rust issues:
awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_image173.jpg

Got the axle back under it and drivable and drove around like this for a while:
awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_image174.jpg

awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_image122.jpeg

And to this day, she primarily just sees parades and shows. I don't think I've put more than 5,000 total miles on her in the last 10-12 years:
awww.fordtruckfanatics.com_gallery_data_587_image175.jpg

My next top secret project...haha. Inspiration for the project, lower COG for my Bronco and I'm Not a fan of cut fenders, don't wanna lay out the coin for glass, and fender flares are as expensive as the patch panels and core fenders. Got the patch panels from Tom at Falshback. It's been done before, but if I like the finished product, it'll find its way in to the LEB catalog...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Snagged this at the car show yesterday for the 383 build in the C10 project. It'll head of to Jet Hot to be blasted and coated. Gonna be a bitch to port and polish though.

image.jpeg

Here's the intake...6 hours of machine work, another 30 hours porting and polishing...would cost $2k to duplicate...

View attachment 228888

I don't know what you charge per hour, but at a $500 purchase price plus $45/hr shop rate (not including supplies/beer) you're already at $2120 if your estimates are correct. Were you trying to show that you're saving money by DIY, or letting people know what it would cost to buy one from you?

I don't know what you charge per hour, but at a $500 purchase price plus $45/hr shop rate (not including supplies/beer) you're already at $2120 if your estimates are correct. Were you trying to show that you're saving money by DIY, or letting people know what it would cost to buy one from you?

No just stating that it's a pretty unique piece. Most people take a look at it and only see a $250 air gap intake and 'the have the same thing'...not quite.

Edit...if it were me, I would have just gone with the CHI intake...saves a lot of work, time and money...but the customer wants what the customer wants.

Last edited:
Back