Biggoofy build thread 96 Jeep ZJ

T case is most likely next lol

Pulled my 9" apart today since I'm having the 3rd rebuilt and found that I have twisted the splines on one of the shafts lol.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354060211.036103.jpg

Not really lol

Yea they are stock. Ill be going chromos when I can afford it.

U have been busy since the weekend the unibody plate looks good

Went to Raliegh today and payed a visit to East Coast Gear Supply to have my 3rd member rebuilt since the ring and pinion were trash from being setup wrong. They did a great job and had it ready quick! I also ordered another set of warn hubs but this time from oreillys because advanced auto refused to warranty the set I got from them! I will never spend another penny with that company! Just so everyone knows its the advance in Troy near Uwharrie I strongly recommend not using them!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354153216.110712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354153227.390515.jpg

Thanks guys!
Discount tire ftw. One of my MTR-k's was showing cord in the side wall so I called them up and not s single question was asked. Ill have my new tire Wednesday. I think I might buy 1 more so I can have a matching spare and have 2 new tires.

Well I need some advise I swapped in yet another steering box tonight since the last one already had issues prior to install that I didnt know about went to test it in the yard and the jeep ran like shit! I took it out on the highway and it sputtered on and off so I went to advance since my buddy was working we scanned it and came back with a tps and 1-6 misfire code I have since swapped in a new tps it made no difference I tried a new coil it didnt help I cleaned the IAC it did nothing. The jeep will idea fine but sometimes randomly dies at idle it will also die at idea if I turn the steering wheel and load the engine. Im stumped I have checked all the connections I could find everything is tight and looks good. It has 49psi at the rail and when it stalls it doesnt change. I do have a new pump I can try if I can figure out thats the issue. this is a 96 4.0

dumb question here...
but are the plugs new? and more important, are the plug wires new and of high quality. my experience with MOPAR stuff is their ignitions are very hot (voltages). cheap wire or old wire will give you fits!

This is a long shot, but is it possible the gas that Scott gave you might have been mixed? I suppose if the mix ratio was low enough and it was the only gas in the tank, it might cause a similar issue?

im gonna do plugs and wires tomorrow when I get paid I just swapped in a new cap and cleaned the rotor I have tested a new map and tps with no change I have a spare tps im debating swapping in
the gas was unmixed I drained it but i might drain it from mine and see if some 93 helps out

Does the jeep ever hard start. It turns over alot before firing. I have had bad fuel pumps cause the cut off issue. They work but they do not have enough pressure all the time.

Got it fixed with a new box and sensor in the distributor.

It's broke. I went out today for the closing weekend at Uwharrie and broke a bunch of shit. 9" shaft, bearing, cap and bearing. I also put a hole in the 9" housing. Had a good time though and that's all that matters. I also bought a new set of wheels so I don't destroy lips any more.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355695081.358417.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355695094.912053.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355695118.531235.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355695136.527555.jpg

Did you get that hole in the axle housing from backing into something or was something trying to escape your housing after it broke? OR was it from a gigantic boulder that you were being dragged backwards over?

Back