....Black Sheep....

Discussion in 'Carolina Trailblazers' started by Nakoma, Jul 29, 2018.

1. obullfish

obullfish Carolina Trail Blazers

That’s a cool yota.

87GMCJimmy and Nakoma like this.
  2. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

I agree. However, I am going to try and keep the bed on the truck instead of a truggy style.

Jason W. likes this.
  3. Chris_Keziah

Chris_Keziah Joe Dirt @ Rev Limit Fab

Good luck, you remember what the bed on my Taco looked like right? Granted your driving style is slightly different than mine.

k5-1402 and Nakoma like this.
  4. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

:lol: how you've not been on your lid at least 1/2 dozen times since I've been in the club is beyond me. Golden horseshoe up your ass or something

Nakoma, adamk, Jason W. and 3 others like this.
  5. adamk

adamk Well-Known Member

Harlan will be the trip that "Golden horseshoe" disappears. I'm packing helmets so he can go full "send" on some of the obstacles. Yard sale or not, it will be worth watching haha.

87GMCJimmy, Nakoma, Jason W. and 3 others like this.
  6. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy Well-Known Member

I like the fact that you want to keep the bed!!! You should build it similar to the 1973 Hilux that was in the 2012 Ultimate Adventure, low COG and 37s!
    131 1211 04+trail Proven Wheelers+1973 Toyota Hilux - Photo 39556493 - The Rigs Of Ultimate Adventure 2012

Did you see the first gen Yota Mike Morrison had? About your truck's twin but rollcage, sliders, bobbed long bed, 35s (maybe 37s, it's been a while), and dual cases. Was the first long bed bobbed first gen I've seen, very cool little truck! The PO had built the rollcage tight enough to the walls and roof of the interior that even someone my size could fit in it.

It's another flatbed but, you've seen Chris Cole's first gen Yota, right? It's nicely setup as well!

Joe J. and Nakoma like this.
  7. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link! I definitely like the low cog!

I did not ever see Mike’s yota and I have not seen Chris Cole’s either. Sorry, I don’t wonder around on the forum much. I usually just stick to the CTB member area, and the occasional visit to the NSFW thread....you can’t ever go wrong with boobs!!! Haha

Jason W., CasterTroy and Chris_Keziah like this.
  8. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

Technically, you can....I'm still scarred for life when Chris came walking by to go to the bathroom that morning at potts shirtless

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    rodney eppes, Nakoma, k5-1402 and 3 others like this.
  9. rodney eppes

rodney eppes Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless without pictures!:popcorn:

Nakoma and CasterTroy like this.
  10. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

Pictures? I had video...when I tried to view it my camera said
    tumblr_m182lq7Izv1rrx588o1_250.gif

11. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

Hahahaha! I don’t have pics of Chris’s boobs, and I don’t have any progress pics of the trail rig.... but since we are talking Toyota in this thread, I can post up some pics of the 22re I built for my daily driver. Now that this is done maybe I can start tearing down the trail rig.

Attached Files:

12. SNOWzuki

SNOWzuki Well-Known Member

Looks like it'll getcha down the road nicely!

Nakoma likes this.
  13. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

It ought to, but I have a noise in it that I don’t like...I’ll have to get that figured out before it starts making the Greensboro run again.

SNOWzuki likes this.
  14. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

AFCD3D69-C415-4036-BEB0-5AA78DB3AE1C.jpeg AFCD3D69-C415-4036-BEB0-5AA78DB3AE1C.jpeg EAD16970-9F4A-4E1D-9497-FE3C308C66D5.jpeg 88211037-AEA5-4D70-9A5C-8F5C73F4E01B.jpeg 0E7FABC9-98B0-4F1D-BF04-83D989BD93D3.jpeg Had a chance to work on the black sheep today...got the cab pretty much ready to set off.

15. josh$$

josh$$ FTA

Good god man looks like you parked it in Charlotte.

Just kidding. Progress is progress keep up the work so we can see ya out in the trails with is sooner rather than later

Jason W., Nakoma, SNOWzuki and 2 others like this.
  16. WARRIORWELDING

WARRIORWELDING Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.

All missing in my shop....so the secrets of the brotherhood are slowly revealed.

And keeping the old lines....hope your successfull. My absolute favorite body style along with old Datsuns for some reason.

rodney eppes, Nakoma and SNOWzuki like this.
  17. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

She nekid!!

Shame you had to send the girls to NYC in order to have the time to get r dun :lol:

Nakoma and SNOWzuki like this.
  18. SNOWzuki

Looks like you've been hard at work.
    Did you find out what that noise was in the engine you rebuilt?

Nakoma likes this.
  19. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

That’s a fact! Wendy and lainey are in NYC. Natalie is camping with the inlaws....I’m home alone...since last night at 7:00 I’ve installed the engine in the daily driver, tested it for a couple hours (it’s good this time), got the black sheep ready to pull the cab, mowed the yard, drank beer, took a nap, and I’m in the process of drinking more beer! I miss my girls, but when it’s just me and Corona we get stuff done!!!!

20. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

I hear ya. Sometimes I miss my wifes travel for work. Got my best mods done over those week long trips

SNOWzuki and Nakoma like this.
  21. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

It was piston slap on #1 cylinder. Turns out it was a casting flaw with the piston. Once I got the engine back out and tore down and started measuring piston to bore clearances, I found #1 piston skirt was .007” smaller than it was when installed. Crazy. When the piston was exposed to heat and pressure the skirt collapsed. LC engineering was really great to deal with, they sent me 4 new pistons and a head set. But it still cost me a lot of time.

22. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

Me too! I love the character of the truck. I plan on keeping the body as stock as possible and keeping the bed intact, just bobbing it.

23. rodney eppes

rodney eppes Well-Known Member

Like This? {Prior to the Golden Eagle} I kind of Miss that Crazy ol truck! :D

Attached Files:

87GMCJimmy, SNOWzuki and Nakoma like this.
  24. Nakoma

Nakoma Well-Known Member

17DD939A-25A7-464A-9C49-536013AAB889.jpeg 5D0CC745-34D9-4FC9-B70C-75E5AD5CFAB1.jpeg 2C0A3391-4258-4CD9-BEF2-4844D0D97E42.jpeg 17DD939A-25A7-464A-9C49-536013AAB889.jpeg 5D0CC745-34D9-4FC9-B70C-75E5AD5CFAB1.jpeg 2C0A3391-4258-4CD9-BEF2-4844D0D97E42.jpeg Cab has been removed.... now on to the drive train removal.

25. SNOWzuki

Making some good progress there!!!

Nakoma likes this.