Bourbon

20220703_190956.jpg

Let's see how this goes. Never had it but I saw a few of you mention it before.

Had better luck on the way home from the beach. 🤣
0DEE1A5A-A539-44DB-8B7A-6016531F7B0F.jpeg

Quite a few of those smoke wagons at my local abc. Was also told that I have 0 chance getting buffalo/eagle rare/etc… because it will be sold to the restaurants first. Wtf kinda shit is that?

Quite a few of those smoke wagons at my local abc. Was also told that I have 0 chance getting buffalo/eagle rare/etc… because it will be sold to the restaurants first. Wtf kinda shit is that?
Yeah they just released this batch UCUF so it’s gonna be everywhere for a little bit, but the hype around smoke wagon will sell it out quick.
This was my first taste and I’m not overly impressed.

Yeah they just released this batch UCUF so it’s gonna be everywhere for a little bit, but the hype around smoke wagon will sell it out quick.
This was my first taste and I’m not overly impressed.
Me neither. I ended up putting mine in my little aging barrel to smooth it out.

Teach me about your little barrel
20210620_154111.jpg

The Mrs got it for me for Father's Day last year. You can put bourbon in it and age it out further if you want. I use it on the less desirables.

So does it sit in there for a year or something?
Nah, more like a few weeks. You sample it and if it needs more time you let it sit. The only downside is that it's just like it's bigger relatives and that it does take an angel's share.

So you’re saying it “wastes” booze?
What's more wasteful, not drinking some sub-par booze and letting it sit there till the cork dries out or putting it in a small barrell for a nominal fee till it's tolerable?

I thought the sub-par was for putting in the decanter and sharing with (not real) freinds
FIFY

The restaurant guys tell you they sell to the public first. Where is all the BT going?

Judging by two weeks ago, carnival cruise lines. We watched them load 30 CASES of blantons and way more than that of BT on the boat.
They also had EHT SiB and ETL.
What was crazy was Jack Daniels was more expensive that EHT SiB.

From my Dad's bar. 20220711_173136.jpg20220711_173204.jpg

20220711_173221.jpg

Actually found a recent review of the unopened Cabin Still from Stitzel Weller wasn't steller, trying to figure if I'm gonna open it, hang on to it or maybe sell it. Others are all empty.

Man I couldn’t drink it. the lead leech risk just ain’t worth it

Back