Bourbon

Looks like wilderness Trail finally started distributing to NC.
Picked up their barrel proof rye a while back in Kentucky and loved it.
Found the bottled in bond in randleman the other day. Hopefully the rye will start hitting the shelves soon too.

7C6A6C92-F100-490B-A499-DE7BE452AF1D.jpeg
8D4A3611-5D9B-4FE1-A91F-337F7A8DBEC6.jpeg

Looks like wilderness Trail finally started distributing to NC.
Picked up their barrel proof rye a while back in Kentucky and loved it.
Found the bottled in bond in randleman the other day. Hopefully the rye will start hitting the shelves soon too.

View attachment 380228View attachment 380229
You ever form an opinion on that Early Times?

Good enough…grabbed another bottle after dinner and partied with this crew…

View attachment 380613
Exactly. Is it worth the price point? Probably not when there are other options under $100. I keep it on hand to let friends give it a try. Have you had any of the Wiseman's offerings?

Exactly. Is it worth the price point? Probably not when there are other options under $100. I keep it on hand to let friends give it a try. Have you had any of the Wiseman's offerings?

I have…the flavor profile is exactly what I like. The 4yr still carried too much heat for me…the 8yr was quite nice. Haven’t found the 5yr though. As I understand a lot of what they do are derivatives of Bardstown recipes…which I also like

If I run across one, I'll let you know. Most of what I see is 107.
I gotcha. 107 was better than W12 in my opinion, but never had the opportunity to try the FP

Does this mean you won't complain about work, at least this week? :lol:

First time the Wyoming and Stellum were available at my local store. I’ve had the Wyoming before, it’s pretty decent. Never had the Stellum, but I tend to like aged blends…

46D5571A-061A-4B87-87B3-49E47C9CE438.jpeg

First time the Wyoming and Stellum were available at my local store. I’ve had the Wyoming before, it’s pretty decent. Never had the Stellum, but I tend to like aged blends…

View attachment 382802

For the record…that Stellum is awful. A quick note of caramel…then nothing but heat, can feel it in my nose…not even any real flavor.

There’s a ton of Buffalo Trace at most of the Greensboro ABC stores for those that like it.
Also have some other great options.

EC Toasted
McKenna 10 yr
EC BP
Larceny BP
Heaven Hill BIB

Supposedly they had Weller FP & C.Y.P.B. Floating around but I didn’t get there in time.

There’s a ton of Buffalo Trace at most of the Greensboro ABC stores for those that like it.
Also have some other great options.

EC Toasted
McKenna 10 yr
EC BP
Larceny BP
Heaven Hill BIB

Supposedly they had Weller FP & C.Y.P.B. Floating around but I didn’t get there in time.

@Ron …holler atcha boy…McKenna and HH BiB.

@Ron …holler atcha boy…McKenna and HH BiB.
Sadly Im sure it be sold out before I got there.

But if you wanted to hook a brother up Id gladly pay for your troubles.

You know those 2 are my go tos...Id literally buy as many bottles as anyone could get....up to a couple cases of each

Sadly Im sure it be sold out before I got there.

But if you wanted to hook a brother up Id gladly pay for your troubles.

You know those 2 are my go tos...Id literally buy as many bottles as anyone could get....up to a couple cases of each
3923 W Gate City Blvd
Greensboro, NC 27407
United States

They will have more of each tomorrow I’m sure.

As with just about everything, I'm late to the game in the appreciation of whiskey and bourbon. My formative drinking years were predominantly vodka, tequila and beer. My ex-wife was Russian, so vodka was pretty much a staple around their house. Never really partied much in college, but made up for it in my late 20's. Then, one day coming home from work, I was in a head-on collision with a drunk driver (who was also coming home from work, but sh!t-faced) and took a REALLY long pause from drinking anything alcoholic. Fast forward 15 years and at my daughter's wedding was introduced to Fireball, Ole Smokey Salted Caramel Whiskey and Ole Smokey Butterscotch Moonshine. I liked all of them, although I felt like the Salted Caramel was better when it was cut with some simple syrup or maple syrup.

From what I've been told, I would probably like Bourbons that are more on the sweet side since I enjoyed those. Really just looking for something that I'd like to enjoy, and not drink "just to drink", which is what my vodka and tequila days were. Any suggestions on something with some flavor for a rookie like me? Not looking to spend an a$$ load of money on something that there is no chance I'd enjoy.

Back