Bourbon

WT 101 is our go to for drinking and mixin. My personal favorite to Mix with Dr Pepper, diet because I'm old, is either the Old Grandad BIB or the Early Times BIB. I recently picked up Old Forster the plain one and I don't like it at all. Had an old fashion with one of their bottles with a number on it and it was good.
OF 1920 hits my preferred profile..big fan
1910 Is a double oaked version. If you like woodford double oak 1910 is a better version.

1910 Is a double oaked version. If you like woodford double oak 1910 is a better version.
If we go back to that restaurant I plan to see what OF they used. It might be 1910. I noticed in the store that they have a 3 or 4 with numbers on them.

I like 1920 a lot. I preferred WR double over the 1910. Don't know. Maybe my buds are broke.

I like 1920 a lot. I preferred WR double over the 1910. Don't know. Maybe my buds are broke.
we all like what we like...i should have added imo

I've got Rare Breed, RR10, and Kentucky Spirit on the shelf. Recently picked up a RR13 but havent cracked it yet.

Wt101 aint a complex drink by no means - but as a base layer imho it holds up well against Buffalo Trace - for an example
That RR13 is stellar in my opinion. Wish it was cheaper, but turkey has been upping the price on all of their stuff here recently.

Buddy of mine stumbled across a case of one of my all time favorites…so I told him to buy all of it, he kept 2 bottles himself. Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 22yr…best part is, they were about half current market value.

IMG_5771.jpeg

Buddy of mine stumbled across a case of one of my all time favorites…so I told him to buy all of it, he kept 2 bottles himself. Orphan Barrel Rhetoric 22yr…best part is, they were about half current market value.

View attachment 403730
Always been interested in those! Holler if you ever want to part ways with one.

Always been interested in those! Holler if you ever want to part ways with one.

I certainly don't mind cracking one open and having a tasting party...but it would be mighty tough for me to part with one of these, unless something like a purple label Willett was up for discussion.

I certainly don't mind cracking one open and having a tasting party...but it would be mighty tough for me to part with one of these, unless something like a purple label Willett was up for discussion.
We do need to get together sooner than later. Got some killer stuff here lately I’m sure you would enjoy :smokin:

Not in my opinion. Has the potential, but any peerless I’ve had just tastes immature. Needs more time.
I got the $80 bottle and it's not terrible. I can see what you're saying about the age.

I did get to see a Russell's 13 yr. It was for cool kids. Had a prixe of $199. I think that's a pretty high jump from the 10 year offering.

I got the $80 bottle and it's not terrible. I can see what you're saying about the age.

I did get to see a Russell's 13 yr. It was for cool kids. Had a prixe of $199. I think that's a pretty high jump from the 10 year offering.
Retail for RR13 in NC is $150+ uncle Sam’s cut. That’s not a bad price at all for the 13…
Keep in mind the 13 has a minimum of 13yr juice in it. Some batches have 17yr+ mixed in.
Turkey has been raising prices since Campari took the reins.

Wow, that McKenna is fairly cheap from what I've seen.
It and HH BiB are suddenly everywhere. I think they finally caught up on the supply side

Ran across an old dusty today so had to pick it up. In SC to boot where this ain’t supposed to live.

71960520035__8692716F-F648-478A-8E53-9C0C1F29E312.jpeg
71960607312__40021EB1-30E0-4495-93A4-1FBEFC73B41D.jpeg

Also saw this for the first time in person but had to leave it sitting.

IMG_8827.jpeg

Saw a bottle of Jacob’s Pardon 18 in the wild today, almost grabbed it, but it was about $30 over online prices, so I snagged this instead. Has a bit of heat to it, considering it’s sub-100 proof, so let it breathe…but it’s absolutely delicious…

IMG_6246.jpeg

Back