Bourbon

Polished off the Sweeten Cove. Pretty snazzy cork.

Why not do a sticky on this thread of everyone's favorites? Leave up to others to decide if they grab extra of something and offer it on here? Great way too to share good finds

20230513_133512.jpg

Now we try this. Small reward for killing 3 bottles of the drawdown list.

Thanks to @Ron for the lead today
20230518_192847.jpg

I passed in that one but I'd like to try it some day. How is it?

Worth the buy…I always thought McKenna was cheap shit…then @Ron turned me on (giggity) to green label. Pretty good juice…is there better at the price point, yes…but it’s a good change of pace.

I passed in that one but I'd like to try it some day. How is it?
If you want a bottle…..
My name is Ron and I have an addiction

Worth the buy…I always thought McKenna was cheap shit…then @Ron turned me on (giggity) to green label. Pretty good juice…is there better at the price point, yes…but it’s a good change of pace.
And I wanna know what’s better at $60
Maybe EC BP

A friend/neighbor gave me this today for my birthday....
20230521_200621.jpg

...but my birthday is in October! So we had to taste it early. Very nice!

Last edited:
Nothing fancy here, but I do tend to like Woodford…local store had some new offerings. The wheat is a little sweet for me and has a ‘thick cough syrup feel’, but decent flavor. The malt though, I think it’s pretty fantastic. Both were $39.99, so a solid price point.

IMG_3800.jpeg

Nothing fancy here, but I do tend to like Woodford…local store had some new offerings. The wheat is a little sweet for me and has a ‘thick cough syrup feel’, but decent flavor. The malt though, I think it’s pretty fantastic. Both were $39.99, so a solid price point.

View attachment 397888
I’ve always been interested the the malt, but never enough to try it. May have to pick one up

Friend brought this to me for a small fee. Did ER bottles change or is the 10 year a different juice? This is the second bottle this year I got that says 10 year on it.
20230530_143632.jpg

Friend brought this to me for a small fee. Did ER bottles change or is the 10 year a different juice? This is the second bottle this year I got that says 10 year on it.
View attachment 398087
Its just labeling.
It always had a 10yr age statement. They took it off (the front ) last year and re-added it due to pushback.

Its just labeling.
It always had a 10yr age statement. They took it off (the front ) last year and re-added it due to pushback.
Plus the price seems higher, I paid $34 for ER last year now last two times I've seen it it was $50.00 Yet BT pricing hasn't changed much. It would be nice for the barrel tax removal to passed onto the customers, but I don't see that happening.

Why not do a sticky on this thread of everyone's favorites? Leave up to others to decide if they grab extra of something and offer it on here? Great way too to share good finds
^^^^^^ this is a great thing or maybe bottle bartering. I'm always finding or getting the opportunity for BT and Eagle rare, but I want to try some EH Taylor, Stagg or a few others but never come across it. Mad Mike's barter town thread?

I need a bottle or two of ER....

Got a spare ETL Id trade for a stagg JR.

Would pay a fair amount for an OF BB

I got a Stagg Jr...
If @Ron Doesnt want it......:laughing:
Any chance you trade for some ER and or BT I have several.
Also looking for EHT Maybe some Wellers also.
I have a bottle of Evan Williams Master blend.

This whiskey is only available at the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience on Louisville’s “Whiskey Row,” and a handful of Kentucky retailers. It’s a blend of the regular Evan Williams Bourbon, along with the 1783, Bottled in Bond, and the Evan Williams 23-year-old.

The Islay malts are highly regarded but some are heavy with smoke and others are sweeter. One of the lesser known is Bowmore and I think it's delicious (12 year). Sherry or port cask finished scotches will be sweeter and smoother, like The Glenlivet Nadurra or Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. Talisker is solid, as is Oban. The Balvenie is another favorite. Opinions vary, but a splash of water opens up the flavors so the smoke isn't so heavy on the nose.

Back