Bourbon

My dad has this but doesn't drink. See Mike's Barter town for more info.
Screenshot_20230707_174847_Chrome.jpg

IMG_4636.jpeg
IMG_4635.jpeg

Went to Dobson and saw the Knob Creek 12 yr on the shelf. I haven’t had it so I got the only one. They were putting stock out so as I was checking out I asked if they had any Buffalo Trace. He said they didn’t have any in the back but went to the Gin shelves and pulled one out from the back. The clerk said they hide bottles for fun. Apparently that one had been there several weeks and went unclaimed

went to the Gin shelves and pulled one out from the back. The clerk said they hide bottles for fun. Apparently that one had been there several weeks and went unclaimed

1) local ABC just got their allotments of BT...so keep an eye out if you want them. 2) I've been hearing more and more about liquor stores hiding popular bottles throughout the store, so any time I go in I scan the shelves...really makes me look like an alcoholic scanning every shelf so intently, but I've snagged a few hidden bottles now.

Do tell on the Japanese whisky…I’ve tried some hanging out with buddies, but haven’t made that leap yet. Just doesn’t seem right, but a lot of folks swear by it.
My BIL loves it, I’ve tried like three. They all tasted like double malt scotch gone flat.

Maybe I just ain’t had the right one.

Do tell on the Japanese whisky…I’ve tried some hanging out with buddies, but haven’t made that leap yet. Just doesn’t seem right, but a lot of folks swear by it.

My BIL loves it, I’ve tried like three. They all tasted like double malt scotch gone flat.

Maybe I just ain’t had the right one.
In a word - weak. It is like a lite whiskey. Very little flavor. Smooth, but like water. If you want to try it take a good double malt, and mix 50/50 with water.

It's the Bud lite of whiskey, but less gay.

This is by far the absolute worst bourbon/whiskey I’ve ever tried. To add insult to injury, it was a $60 bottle. Made out of Wilmington, so I was trying to support local. If I had to guess what zombie’s petrified asshole tasted like in ‘the end of days’ if I’m ever enslaved in a zombie sex camp…it would be this…

IMG_5182.jpeg

Last edited:
This is by far the absolute worst bourbon/whiskey I’ve ever tried. To add insult to injury, it was a $60 bottle. Made out of Wilmington, so I was trying to support local. If I had to guess what zombie’s petrified asshole tasted like in ‘the end of days’ if I’m ever enslaved in a zombie sex camp…it would be this…

View attachment 401675
Agreed. Their gin is good if you like gin.

Agreed. Their gin is good if you like gin.

Honestly…I’m not even sure what to do with it, I don’t wanna toss a $60 bottle…but it’s awful. At this point, I really think I might just keep it for a joke with my bourbon buddies.

Looking to get a bottle for my BIL but I’m not sure between the small batch and single barrel. My pallet is also White Trash 2 yrs aged in a plastic bottle.
The single barrel fits my taste buds better…but I like both.

But finding the single barrel is about as easy as finding Bigfoot riding a unicorn while tucking a leprechaun

I haven't tasted half the brands y'all mention. But I got the try several Rye and Wheat profiles last night back to back. Single barrels and double. Couple other fancy things. They even suggested blending two samples during the talk.

All that to say I enjoyed the difference in the pours. This something I normally don't detect due to the very rare chance to sample and move to another flavor. Found the Rye double barrel very tasty.

Edit: these were a lot of whiskeys.

When I first started drinking bourbon that was my go to. Then I moved to #12. I usually keep a bottle on hand for the memories.
I kept a bottle of wild turkey 101 in the house for decades. Some times I couldn't go to sleep even when I was tired from working my ass off. I'd take shot or 2 and I'd be sleeping like a baby in 10 mins.

I kept a bottle of wild turkey 101 in the house for decades. Some times I couldn't go to sleep even when I was tired from working my ass off. I'd take shot or 2 and I'd be sleeping like a baby in 10 mins.
WT 101 is a slept on cheap sipper.

Wild Turkey is one that I've never been able to get into. I drank it while in college but it was always one of those shots you took and immediately regretted. I've read good things but something about it has made me bypass it for others.

Wild Turkey is one that I've never been able to get into. I drank it while in college but it was always one of those shots you took and immediately regretted. I've read good things but something about it has made me bypass it for others.
I've got Rare Breed, RR10, and Kentucky Spirit on the shelf. Recently picked up a RR13 but havent cracked it yet.

Wt101 aint a complex drink by no means - but as a base layer imho it holds up well against Buffalo Trace - for an example

WT 101 is our go to for drinking and mixin. My personal favorite to Mix with Dr Pepper, diet because I'm old, is either the Old Grandad BIB or the Early Times BIB. I recently picked up Old Forster the plain one and I don't like it at all. Had an old fashion with one of their bottles with a number on it and it was good.

View attachment 401675
I mean, the name kind of says it all doesn't it? End of Days... when there's nothing left and you just have to have something.

Back