Bourbon

šŸ˜³
Having killed a bottle of that around at fire at ivy branch earlier this year, I can honestly say I wouldn't spend more than $60 for it. Holy hell
For me its an insta buy $150 and below. Love it. But $350...thats funny

The journey is over

20240530_205144.jpg

The last one was acquired tonight at my local place. The "S" had eluded me for quite some time.

I need an L to complete mine. I've got 2 or 3 of all the others
I went for the letters I needed. I could have picked up others along the way but left them for the others doing the same. I guess all the ones I find now will just be for my new word, BOOBS.

View attachment 418501
Picked this up today. Iā€™ve had several Buffalo Trace before but this is the first with a barrel select on it. Wondering if there is anything different. I didnā€™t notice the barrel select until I got it home.
Was this at Elkin or another ABC?

IMG_6967.jpeg
IMG_6966.jpeg

Down in Vero Beach, FL helping with the rents. They sent me to the county club to get dinner. So the wife and I came to the bar to drink while we wait on the order. Had Angles envy first. Now Tin Cup 14 year.

Last edited:
Everything I read says I shouldnā€™t like thisā€¦not great reviewsā€¦grabbed it anywayā€¦not sure if my low expectations make it taste better or whatā€¦but itā€™s really not too shabby. Not worth the price tagā€¦but not too shabby.

IMG_9688.jpeg

I have always liked the stuff from TinCup. Have yet to try the 14 though.
I was honestly surprised at the price at their CC for those two. It was good and smooth to me. I'm a Bourbon knob so take that with a grain of salt.

Those are awesome and the old decanters have a bunch of collectors.

Do not drink the juice.

They were also made using a high lead content and can leach toxic levelsā€¦
Wife read that last night after she performed her google gugu. Apparently it was made in 1973.

IMG_6973.jpeg
IMG_6972.jpeg
So took the wife to diner and she said letā€™s go bar hopping. Ok. She found this small bar called the Grove here in Vero Beach. Not a dive but not super nice. Nice bourbon collection including Stagg

IMG_1193.jpeg
IMG_6974.jpeg
Walked a couple blocks down the street to a place called Cerfew. Another good selection. Iā€™m drinking a smoked walnut old fashioned with High West.

Back