Bourbon

Get the bookers 😎 🤣

No... don't...it's awful. Everyone I share it with curses me for encouraging them to try it 🤣
Depends on the batch.
I really like the apprentice batch last year…even though all the experts poo poo’d it. In contrast storyteller - was revelry reviewed and I thought it was just meh.

I like a high proof pour- but generally dislike beam products. Every bookers batch is a new recipe …and different.

View attachment 419355View attachment 419356Walked a couple blocks down the street to a place called Cerfew. Another good selection. I’m drinking a smoked walnut old fashioned with High West.
For the prices Stagg is one of the better prices especially if you consider "market prices"
$32 for Blanton's but $22 for Stagg!!!
Travelers is a whiskey not a bourbon also.

I was in uptown charlotte last weekend and BT was $2 more than the Eagle Rare. I understand why but they are obviously selling to the hype, especially in NC where they pay MSRP, and what people perceive from social media.

For the prices Stagg is one of the better prices especially if you consider "market prices"
$32 for Blanton's but $22 for Stagg!!!
We were at the ranch in WVa last weekend and they had 4 bottles of Blanton's at $135 each. They had a bottle of Stagg as well at $350. I ended up just being happy with a $42 big bottle of buffalo.

I "like" Blanton's, but my "Like" extends to ABOUT $70 max. I've been very fortunate enough to be gifted or find in the wild over a dozen bottles.

I also like Stagg, but never had to PAY for it. It's been a gift, or I've shared a bottle by the campfire at Harlan with close friends. So my like-enough-to-buy for Stagg is maybe $50. So there's a slim-to-none chance (and slim got up and walked out about half way thru this reply) I'll ever buy a bottle.

Found these in South Port ABC…helluva selection down there…

IMG_9703.jpeg
IMG_9704.jpeg

Had an ECBP B524 and a Larceny B524 jump in my truck when I wasnt looking.
Damn them Heaven Hill - sweet sweet distillers

IMG_9913.jpeg

Last edited:
Back