Bourbon

View attachment 327238 Does this cherry firewater count?

It’s like pumpkin spice, but for men...
EFC8E7D0-8C9A-4F38-8D2E-5E4ECB654A7A.jpeg

I recently finished a bottle of Buffalo Trace. Dayum that was smooth.

I also have my regular go-to of Beam Black or Devil's Cut for something economical. Woodford Reserve is nice, I definitely dig that one. Tin Cup has a great flavor too, being a blend. But lately, I know a guy that knows a guy that's got a place...I wouldn't call it anything tip-top shelf, but it definitely does the trick.

I just signed up for a free 3 month membership with Flaviar. Anybody else familiar? Got a 1L bottle of Buffalo Trace coming for $37 (the free trial got me free shipping). The membership is steep at $95 every 3 months, but I'm curious if it will even show up. Shipped by courier apparently...

I just signed up for a free 3 month membership with Flaviar. Anybody else familiar? Got a 1L bottle of Buffalo Trace coming for $37 (the free trial got me free shipping). The membership is steep at $95 every 3 months, but I'm curious if it will even show up. Shipped by courier apparently...

My buddy and I tried it for a little while, we got tired of dropping $100+ for a bottle we thought was mediocre. It’s pretty decent for ‘beginners’ learning what they like. They’ll have deals/inventory you wouldn’t find elsewhere. Generally send 3ish oz tasters based on whatever flavor profile you’ve created.

Whats the deal with ordering online, is all of it over priced? if not whats the best sites.

Bourbon has been hot for a few years now. Not sure if/when the bubble will pop. States/websites where prices aren’t regulated, it’s usually just overpriced. States where retail prices are regulated, usually tough to find stock. Best liquor store I’ve ever been to is State Line Spirits in Dillard, Ga. Doesn’t look like much from the outside, but the best selection I’ve ever seen at fair prices. I’m not a Pappy fan, but they even had/have Pappy 25 for less than $10k, and everything else in the line up from 10yr on.

Bourbon has been hot for a few years now. Not sure if/when the bubble will pop. States/websites where prices aren’t regulated, it’s usually just overpriced. States where retail prices are regulated, usually tough to find stock. Best liquor store I’ve ever been to is State Line Spirits in Dillard, Ga. Doesn’t look like much from the outside, but the best selection I’ve ever seen at fair prices. I’m not a Pappy fan, but they even had/have Pappy 25 for less than $10k, and everything else in the line up from 10yr on.

Nice only big store i have been to is frugal mcdougals. pretty cool they give away free shots lol.

My buddy and I tried it for a little while, we got tired of dropping $100+ for a bottle we thought was mediocre. It’s pretty decent for ‘beginners’ learning what they like. They’ll have deals/inventory you wouldn’t find elsewhere. Generally send 3ish oz tasters based on whatever flavor profile you’ve created.

Yea, I'm thinking the membership is the usual scam but they do sell by the bottle. Prices are pretty close to ABC, so while the shipping is high (without the membership) you can get things not generally available. Although they're out of Eagle Rare too - except that $2,200 bottle of kissed by angles stuff... I'll almost certainly cancel the membership - I'd rather pay mosquito authority to kill those little bastards, but maybe pick up a bottle here and there if I really want some Blanton's, etc.

Nice only big store i have been to is frugal mcdougals. pretty cool they give away free shots lol.

Frugals is big but they haven't had Buffalo trace in quite some time. I go to Stateline Liquor which is next to Millers gas station by the flea market on HWY51 maybe 2 miles from Frugals. They found a glitch in the system and have had CASES of Angels Envy. I've bought 4-5 bottle over the last 3 months for $54.00 Frugals is charging $75.00

Frugals is big but they haven't had Buffalo trace in quite some time. I go to Stateline Liquor which is next to Millers gas station by the flea market on HWY51 maybe 2 miles from Frugals. They found a glitch in the system and have had CASES of Angels Envy. I've bought 4-5 bottle over the last 3 months for $54.00 Frugals is charging $75.00
Thats a pro tip right there...
and I know where Im heading soon.

@/dev/yj Blanton's is good. I'm still working on a bottle. I wouldn't pay more than 75 for one. I haven't been to the liquor store in a while but have kept a pretty good stocked bar. Angels Envy, Eagle Rare, Willet, Mckenna, are some of my "top" shelf bottles at the moment. Also looking to add more and mine are all drinkers. I'd like to try Pappy but don't see the appeal of dropping big money on a bottle, guess its more to impress the friends.

I know a guy who just puts whatever $20 dollar bottle of bourbon in a decanter, when people who aren't regulars at the house see it " ohh whats in this????" He tells em its the high dollar whatever and they usually agree it is really great after sippin on it..[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I know a guy who just puts whatever $20 dollar bottle of bourbon in a decanter, when people who aren't regulars at the house see it " ohh whats in this????" He tells em its the high dollar whatever and they usually agree it is really great after sippin on it..[emoji38]

Yep...
Regular McKenna is always in mine...get lots of requests for that top shelf

Seen that way too many time lol especially when someone is talking out their ass.

“You want to try some Pappy Van Winkle?”
“I’d love to, it’s my dream to taste it.”
[Pours glass of dirt]
“This is ANAZING!!!”

Can never be too careful. Thought about bringing a couple primo bottles to the forum meet, but you never really know who will truly appreciate a given bottle. So ended up bringing 2 bottles of my day to day drinkers. Then brought 3 bottles of stuff that everyone hypes but I find to be mediocre...half trying to get rid of it and half trying to keep folks from spending the money...IE the Weller and IW Harper.

I've got a few decanters, couple I inherited from my Aunt who passed last year. I've read that the crystal ones will leech lead into the wine or liquor stored in them for long periods of time. Always a bit nervous since I consumed a lot of lead back in my shooting days (hey, it was the 70's and 80's...) and I'm not sure how to tell one from the other. The old trick of running your finger around the rim doesn't work too well on a thick rim. Anybody got another way to tell? Be fun to keep something out for show.

I've got a few decanters, couple I inherited from my Aunt who passed last year. I've read that the crystal ones will leech lead into the wine or liquor stored in them for long periods of time. Always a bit nervous since I consumed a lot of lead back in my shooting days (hey, it was the 70's and 80's...) and I'm not sure how to tell one from the other. The old trick of running your finger around the rim doesn't work too well on a thick rim. Anybody got another way to tell? Be fun to keep something out for show.

Ive never been in to decanters and if I want to have one out to look fancy, fill it with tea or a cheap bottle. Otherwise there’s no real upside for storage. You’ll be combating oxidation, light exposure and lead leaching.

Real smooth. Very slight salt taste (may be psychological). I like it. On sale for $70. Goes toward the top of my list. I’m not a bourbon snob and wouldn’t have bought this except that I have seen it for over $100. Just had to try it.
And just followed that glass with a round of Basil Hayden. Wow. The Ocean was so smooth. This is one to keep for special occasions.

Back