Bourbon

Picked up a couple new ones to try tonight. Is it normal for NC ABC stores to keep the good stuff behind the counter? and only allow you to purchase 1 bottle, not 1 bottle of each kind just 1 bottle total???

View attachment 335058
I generally have to ask of I want something better than you usual

Pappy Van Winkle Lottery in PA

Too bad I don't live in PA, though I've heard Pappy isn't all that great. Never had the opportunity to try it myself.

Rowan County just had a Pappy Lottery. Only reason I'm ever interested in picking up a bottle of Pappy is to sell it. Unless you can get a bottle at regulated retail prices...keep your money, buy a plane ticket, fly somewhere swanky that sells Pappy flights of shots for $500 (there was a place in Arizona I'd always hit when traveling on the company card, Batch Cafe I want to say), then fly back home and be money ahead. Any Pappy under 15years is kinda gross, and the 23+ year pappy is too oaked for me. 20yr hits the sweet spot for me, but I can buy 30-50 bottles of bourbon that I like as much or more, for the same price as a bottle of Pappy 20.

Rowan County just had a Pappy Lottery. Only reason I'm ever interested in picking up a bottle of Pappy is to sell it. Unless you can get a bottle at regulated retail prices...keep your money, buy a plane ticket, fly somewhere swanky that sells Pappy flights of shots for $500 (there was a place in Arizona I'd always hit when traveling on the company card, Batch Cafe I want to say), then fly back home and be money ahead. Any Pappy under 15years is kinda gross, and the 23+ year pappy is too oaked for me. 20yr hits the sweet spot for me, but I can buy 30-50 bottles of bourbon that I like as much or more, for the same price as a bottle of Pappy 20.
They've got Pappy flights in Johnson City at a place called Label. As a matter of fact they've got a lot of different flights you can try. The Weller looks tempting but at $100+ I'm gonna pass. The single barrel Weller was $40/shot.

They've got Pappy flights in Johnson City at a place called Label. As a matter of fact they've got a lot of different flights you can try. The Weller looks tempting but at $100+ I'm gonna pass. The single barrel Weller was $40/shot.

That’s solid info...never heard of it before. Gonna have make that trip happen.

Give me a shout if'n you do.
Swing by and grab me at the Hickory Tree exit and I can get a case of buffalo before we have dinner with Mccracken and get him drunk

Swing by and grab me at the Hickory Tree exit and I can get a case of buffalo before we have dinner with Mccracken and get him drunk
add 1 more to the picnic.

I’m not a big bourbon drinker, or I should say I don’t have refined taste. I still like Jack and Coke, but a friend of mine would drink Jack (He’s a real bourbon snob), so I switched to Maker’s. The other day I found this at Anna Bell Clark’s. Its real good, and my buddy the snob likes it too.
00059446-BE57-40EA-AB90-A8D38B3D43E5.jpeg

I’m not a big bourbon drinker, or I should say I don’t have refined taste. I still like Jack and Coke, but a friend of mine would drink Jack (He’s a real bourbon snob), so I switched to Maker’s. The other day I found this at Anna Bell Clark’s. Its real good, and my buddy the snob likes it too. View attachment 335222

That Bumbu though...good stuff, currently my favorite rum.

Not often I start stocking something new to my bourbon cabinet...but this is really fitting the bill as a pretty doggon good do-all barrel strength. Not too much heat, good flavor, 100 proof, and pretty cheap at $40/bottle.

48AA8860-E6CB-41A4-9CC4-3110E49AA6D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Last I went to the abc store here in Waxhaw they were pretty wiped out of anything worth drinking. I ended up with the last bottle of EC 1789. I’m not a big rye fan but not terrible to drink

Not often I start stocking something new to my bourbon cabinet...but this is really fitting the bill as a pretty doggon good do-all barrel strength. Not too much heat, good flavor, 100 proof, and pretty cheap at $40/bottle.

View attachment 337133
Lack of blantons, buffalo, or even Angel's envy had me checking this thread mid aisle in the ABC store.
Saw 2 bottles of coopers.

Should a bought both

Damn is good!

Thanks Ben!!

I've been trying to get some Blanton's for a while. That half gallon of Buffalo Trace was the best score I've had lately. They had some Blanton's single barrel in the store down from me but I missed out on that one.

That half gallon of Buffalo Trace was the best score I've had lately.
I was fortunate enough to score a case of buffalo (gallons) about 3 years ago.
Gave an ABC store clerk $20 to call me when they got more blantons
He happened to be a nursing student. And went to Atlanta for a convenience. Apparently in Atlanta there is no limit and plentiful. He called...said "yo you like buffalo?"
Told me his price...and I met him in the mall parking lot the next day.

Killed that case in no time :shaking:

View attachment 337133
Picked this up tonight for $30. I'll give it a shot. It can't be worse than that Yellowstone garbage I had.

Back